Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    This year we should try to get a group of tickets together. I definetly want to go back to Lambeau for a little revenge(though the win in the dome partially made up for it, best game of 08 season). Plus their stadium is pretty kick ass, smoking in the concession area is a nice touch too.

  2. #12
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

    Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #13
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    This year we should try to get a group of tickets together. I definetly want to go back to Lambeau for a little revenge(though the win in the dome partially made up for it, best game of 08 season). Plus their stadium is pretty kick ass, smoking in the concession area is a nice touch too.
    Yes I want to go for sure so lets get tickets together this time. I need revenge since I missed the home game due to my brothers wedding. Man that still pisses me off.

  4. #14
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    gol 'darnit I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

    Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    I didn't see the game replayed, but I think there was a big play to Driver that was called back and that would have certainly made the game a little more one sided.
    I'm not a Tjack apologist, but the dropped passes and missed opportunities(Berrian's shoe string tackle) have to be considered as NOT conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence... ???(I'm just sayin')... :

  5. #15
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    NFL Replay is showing games on Sunday. Vikings at Packers were one of them so I chose to Tivo it.

    This game's resemblance to the Eagles game was pretty astounding looking back on it.
    - Our defense had a great day, save for a couple of plays (Jennings long catch, Grant long run).
    - A ST TD really put us in the hole. Up until that point we were in striking distance.
    - Our 2 minute drill sucked.
    - Peterson was a horse, but in the end GB focused on our running game and we couldn't make enough plays through the air.
    - TJ had a miserable first half. His accuracy sucked. The second half was better, but still definitely some bad throws. The use of his legs offered some saving grace. Completely unable to connect on deep balls, even when Berrian beat his guy. In teh end he couldn't make enough of the routine throws.
    - The OL wasn't great but they played well enough to win, IMO of course.
    - Even though he didn't fumble, AD's carelessness with the ball could be seen. He was very free with it and never switched to the outside shoulder.
    - Tyrell Johnson's play was mediocre at best.

    Does anyone remember:
    ? Garrett Mills had a significant role in the game
    ? Hicks, playing LT for a suspended McKinnie, got injured and Marcus Johnson saw significant playing time
    ? Jackson hit Berrian on a slant and Berrian was TD bound but a slight shoestring tackle just barely tripped him up
    ? We blocked a FG before halftime

    If you guys get a chance to watch these replays, it might be a nice chance to look back on teh season if a bunch of us start doing this. Indy @ Vikes is scheduled for next Sunday.
    Yeah ... I saw this game on replay a while back and was shocked to see how "off" T-Jack was ... I think during the game I had blinded myself to think it was more the G.B. defense playing well and our guys not getting open ... that really was not the case.
    I think the punter return TD is really what destroyed us ... we just could not get over the hump.
    Shhhhh.
    Don't let the Tjack apologists hear you talk like that.
    We all know that the problem was Shank dropping passes and Berrian not being 100% and never getting open.
    If Tjack played poorly, it certainly wasn't his fault - it was the fault of the coaching staff since he didn't play much of preseason... Of course Tjack himself wasn't at fault at all... And he DOESN'T struggle with the deep ball...

    // sarcasism off

    yeah, I watched it too and it was a pretty bad game by Tjack.
    Circumstances (excuses) aside, he had a horrible first half and a barely better second half.
    Glad to see that he improved by the end of the season, but he was really, really bad in the first two games of 2008.
    Jackson had the opportunity to lead us to a comeback victory and was driving down for the game winning score.
    We were all praying the cinderella story would come true. when, damn, he threw a pick to cement the loss.

    Unfortunately, he was wildly inaccurate in the Colts game also. Obviously drops played a role. But so did poor passing.

    He was much better later in the season.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  6. #16
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    gol 'darnit I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

    Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    I didn't see the game replayed, but I think there was a big play to Driver that was called back and that would have certainly made the game a little more one sided.
    I'm not a Tjack apologist, but the dropped passes and missed opportunities(Berrian's shoe string tackle) have to be considered as NOT conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence... ???(I'm just sayin')... :
    Well, I could easily fast forward to the second half of the season when he threw 4 TDs against the same Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl... and that's more recent.

    I'd say that's conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence. I'm just saying.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Damn I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    This year we should try to get a group of tickets together. I definetly want to go back to Lambeau for a little revenge(though the win in the dome partially made up for it, best game of 08 season). Plus their stadium is pretty kick ass, smoking in the concession area is a nice touch too.
    Yes I want to go for sure so lets get tickets together this time. I need revenge since I missed the home game due to my brothers wedding. Man that still pisses me off.
    You could have made that game, if you were a TRUE FAN.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    Jimmymeboy's Avatar
    Jimmymeboy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    196

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "C" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    gol 'darnit I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

    Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    I didn't see the game replayed, but I think there was a big play to Driver that was called back and that would have certainly made the game a little more one sided.
    I'm not a Tjack apologist, but the dropped passes and missed opportunities(Berrian's shoe string tackle) have to be considered as NOT conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence... ???(I'm just sayin')... :
    Well, I could easily fast forward to the second half of the season when he threw 4 TDs against the same Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl... and that's more recent.

    I'd say that's conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence. I'm just saying.
    I hear ya talkin' to me, brother C!

  9. #19
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,491

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    gol 'darnit I wish I would of seen this. I was at this game and spent more time trying to drown out that Packer crap from fans around me. Not good getting split up from Bloody and JMC. I just pray that Sage is much better than TJ or we are in trouble.
    Jackson is better than Sage. That game should have been won by the Vikings... and we took the next one verses the Pack.

    Berrian was dealing with turf toe despite playing in that game and Jackson still had a bum knee ligament from the preseason game vs the Ravens. I'm surprised the game was as close as it was.
    I didn't see the game replayed, but I think there was a big play to Driver that was called back and that would have certainly made the game a little more one sided.
    I'm not a Tjack apologist, but the dropped passes and missed opportunities(Berrian's shoe string tackle) have to be considered as NOT conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence... ???(I'm just sayin')... :
    Well, I could easily fast forward to the second half of the season when he threw 4 TDs against the same Cardinals team that went to the Super Bowl... and that's more recent.

    I'd say that's conducive to a qb's psyche and overall confidence. I'm just saying.
    I hear ya talkin' to me, brother C!
    I have faith in TJack.

    I wish more people did.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Week 1 Vikings vs. Packers

    "C" wrote:
    I have faith in TJack.

    I wish more people did.
    Channelling Childress, eh?
    Where's your porn stache?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ultimate Audio-Vikings Packers week 8
    By slavinator in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 03:03 AM
  2. Packers Vikings - Week 8
    By Sajid28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 11:46 AM
  3. Vikings will bounce back and beat up the Packers next week
    By echizen20 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 06:36 PM
  4. Week 10: Packers vs Vikings - Game of the Week
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 06:08 PM
  5. Week 1 Packers/Vikings Preview Video
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •