sounds like could be lots of fun
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

Week 1 opponents on MNF tonight.

They way I see this game is that the Cowboys can still win week one, but the Vikes clearly have the advantage. They are at home. I can see two things happening-the Cowboys crap on the field and lose big or they play a tight game. If the boys win it'll be from a hard fought game, but I can't see the boys blowing away the vikes. Its like 60/40 here against the boys to win it.

The Packers have a similar situation week one as the boys do. If the Packers win week one it'll be from a hard fought game. I just don't see us blowing away the Panthers. They are definately beatable, but too strong to put out a poor performance.

should be a good game Jer good luck for yea, but like you said Panthers are looking to good this year we shall see.

but Panthers 21 GB 7 maybe but 3 from that drafted punter for sure
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Vinny looked good. Dixon is going to be the death of us on opening day though.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Speaking of Chris Brown what do you think of him on a fantasy team? Everything I've read says he will be a solid starter for a fantasy team. I sure don't see Antowain Smith doing anything for them.
    I'm hoping that he's good. I just traded for him. Actually, the trade was Vick and F. Taylor for Culpepper and Brown. I drafted Moss, and I thought I'd take a shot at having the Culpepper to Moss combination working for me. I normally don't play combinations, but they're both rated at the top of their positions as far as fantasy football goes.

In any case, back to Brown.

It looks like he's going to be the primary guy. They took him out for a couple third downs in one preseason game, but afterwards, the O-coordinator said that if it was the regular season, Brown would have still been in there. He said that Brown's only coming out when he says he needs a rest. He's also been averaging over 5 yards a carry in the pre-season, so it looks like he has the skills to be a good RB.

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Geez, I just saw an interview, on espn, with sean salisbury, where he was talking up how good vinny was tonight. HE PLAYED MOSTLY AGAINST THE 2ND TEAM D FOR THE TITANS. Even when the first team d was in their, the titans still didn't have their 2 starting CB's playing and they were playing the softest zone I have ever seen.
    Quincy Carter couldnt do it against anyone...

Its amazing you guys can get all psyched up when Moss beats a rookie in Hall or other WR's make plays against Atlantas secondary which is amongst if not THE worst in football, but when Vinny does it its the "soft zone" is gets spit upon...hey..its time some of you recognize and respect the fact that Vinny is a BIG TIME upgrade @ QB and our entire offense will improve dramatically...OL RB, TE, WR's included

The lack of a pass rush and putrid DB play (specifically Dixon, Hunter and Powell) are big reasons for concern)--Irf Woodson isnt back for the opner, I would be surprised if the Vikes pass for over 400 yards

Plain and simple..our secondary (outside T-New and Roy)sucks right now..and with no pass rush...If we dont hang 30 we are in trouble

Our offense will rank higher than our D this year..as unreal as that may appear

I have mentioned the progress our offense has made...Our O continues to improve every week. I mentioned we maybe getting into a track meet in the other Boys/Vikes thread--And I have seen nothing to change that prediction.

Our Run D was much improved over the previous play, but we gave up the rushing TD to Brown because we missed an initial tackle, followed by Wiley over pursuing the backside and losing containment then Roy getting stiff armed..a comedy of errors

Every snap Eddie George steals from Julius and Rashard Lee is a wasted down..George is the proverbial "3 yards and a cloud of dust runner"...Nice to have his leadership ability and lockerroom presense,,,but on the field he's a waste

Our OL, as I have mentioned several times has indeed turned the corner..the pass protection has been good..and last nite super...We ran very little last nite and combine that with the Titans #1 run D...thats the reason for poor run production

Opening Day, barring a major trade for Law/McKenzie

Vikes- 37
    Boys- 24

Our secondary is in shambles with Dixon and Hunter starting...

our reserves in the secondary would have a tough time starting for an arena team

Im disgusted with BP and JJ for relying un projects and unprovens and not builing quality veteran depth

I see the Vikes rolling up 450 or more yards

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"josdin00" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    Speaking of Chris Brown what do you think of him on a fantasy team? Everything I've read says he will be a solid starter for a fantasy team. I sure don't see Antowain Smith doing anything for them.
    I'm hoping that he's good. I just traded for him. Actually, the trade was Vick and F. Taylor for Culpepper and Brown. I drafted Moss, and I thought I'd take a shot at having the Culpepper to Moss combination working for me. I normally don't play combinations, but they're both rated at the top of their positions as far as fantasy football goes.

In any case, back to Brown.

It looks like he's going to be the primary guy. They took him out for a couple third downs in one preseason game, but afterwards, the O-coordinator said that if it was the regular season, Brown would have still been in there. He said that Brown's only coming out when he says he needs a rest. He's also been averaging over 5 yards a carry in the pre-season, so it looks like he has the skills to be a good RB.

The only real worry about chris brown is his running style. He is an upright runner and will take a lot of shots because of that. He might be a RB that gets hurt alot. But as of right now, he looks like a great fantasy RB, certainly a #2 quality RB.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"seekndestroy31" wrote:
    [quote]"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Geez, I just saw an interview, on espn, with sean salisbury, where he was talking up how good vinny was tonight. HE PLAYED MOSTLY AGAINST THE 2ND TEAM D FOR THE TITANS. Even when the first team d was in their, the titans still didn't have their 2 starting CB's playing and they were playing the softest zone I have ever seen.
    Quincy Carter couldnt do it against anyone...

Its amazing you guys can get all psyched up when Moss beats a rookie in Hall or other WR's make plays against Atlantas secondary which is amongst if not THE worst in football, but when Vinny does it its the "soft zone" is gets spit upon...hey..its time some of you recognize and respect the fact that Vinny is a BIG TIME upgrade @ QB and our entire offense will improve dramatically...OL RB, TE, WR's included

Hey seekndestroy, there is a big difference in fans of teams getting excited about what players do in preseason, and so called football experts on espn. Fact is, vinny's prefromance was totally blown out of proportion. The titans starters weren't out there when the cowboys actually scored and when the titans starters were out there, they didn't have their top 2 CB's playing anyways. These are facts, and you know as well as I do, that it doens't mean a whole lot when a vte QB does that against those crappy players.

Also there is a big difference in Moss and vinny. The difference is, Moss is in the prime of his career and has been consistently putting up gaudy #'s, while vinny is extrenely old and has been a backup the last 2 years. Vinny has something to prove, moss doesn't. How can you compare the two?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12