Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    [size=13pt]TOM POWERS: It's the worst job in football[/size]

    TOM POWERS
    twincities.com


    Article Last Updated: 12/16/2007 12:17:14 AM CST



    There are bad jobs, and then there are "you can't pay me enough to do that" jobs.

    Cleaning up after the circus elephants, for example, falls into the latter category. So does working as a crash test dummy. Then there's the person in charge of clearing away road kill on hot summer nights.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    Thats stupid this guy obviously never played football. I love being the wedge buster. It's the funnest job on kickoff.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Thats stupid this guy obviously never played football. I love being the wedge buster. It's the funnest job on kickoff.
    I agree with Phod.
    He probably hasn't ever strapped it on.
    Nothing like laying it to a guy, especially if he doesn't see it coming and is a hell of alot bigger than you.

    By the way, Tom Powers is a horses assssssssss
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Thats stupid this guy obviously never played football. I love being the wedge buster. It's the funnest job on kickoff.
    I agree.
    I'd personally be signing up for a lot of insurance if I was returning punts.

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I agree with Phod.
    He probably hasn't ever strapped it on.
    Nothing like laying it to a guy, especially if he doesn't see it coming and is a hell of alot bigger than you.

    By the way, Tom Powers is a horses assssssssss
    ;D
    He very well may have "strapped it on", but I doubt it was football related.
    :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,686

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    It's the best and worst job in football. The wedge knows you're coming, usually the wedge consists of big guys(like myself, I was on the KR team in HS I'm 6'4 275) and they'd usually send a decent sized guy with good speed as the wedge buster. When you saw him coming, he didn't stand a chance, but if the wedge was slow to form, you're getting cracked hard.


    I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your ass.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    "Mr" wrote:
    It's the best and worst job in football. The wedge knows you're coming, usually the wedge consists of big guys(like myself, I was on the KR team in HS I'm 6'4 275) and they'd usually send a decent sized guy with good speed as the wedge buster. When you saw him coming, he didn't stand a chance, but if the wedge was slow to form, you're getting cracked hard.


    I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your jiggly butt.
    It is a very humbling vantage point to see the game from my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    If you pay me 3 Gs a year, I'll gladly let you hit me on my ass 5 times over the course of 3 hours.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #9
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,216

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's the best and worst job in football. The wedge knows you're coming, usually the wedge consists of big guys(like myself, I was on the KR team in HS I'm 6'4 275) and they'd usually send a decent sized guy with good speed as the wedge buster. When you saw him coming, he didn't stand a chance, but if the wedge was slow to form, you're getting cracked hard.


    I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your jiggly butt.
    It is a very humbling vantage point to see the game from my friend.
    ;D
    And when they retire, they can reminiss about the good ole days while taking their meals in soft & liquid form.
    :P

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #10
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Wedge buster: It's the worst job in football

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    It's the best and worst job in football. The wedge knows you're coming, usually the wedge consists of big guys(like myself, I was on the KR team in HS I'm 6'4 275) and they'd usually send a decent sized guy with good speed as the wedge buster. When you saw him coming, he didn't stand a chance, but if the wedge was slow to form, you're getting cracked hard.


    I'd say about 30% of the time Wedge Buster is a good job, the other 70% you're on your jiggly butt.
    It is a very humbling vantage point to see the game from my friend.
    ;D
    And when they retire, they can reminiss about the good ole days while taking their meals in soft & liquid form.
    :P
    Your playing in the NFL, it can't be that bad.

Similar Threads

  1. The five worst habits in fantasy football
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 02:51 PM
  2. Adjusting to life without the wedge
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
  3. Gophers Third on "Worst" Football Team List
    By COJOMAY in forum College Ball
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:59 AM
  4. Metrodome 2nd WORST football facility
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 08:41 PM
  5. The Wedge?
    By ancoin in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 10:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •