Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Webb or TJ??? What Does Frazier Do?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083600
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083595
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083592
    Why does anyone think we would see anything better from Webb that what we are seeing from any of the other QBs that came out in that class, well, other than Bradford anyways?

We just can't keep running these late round picks out and expecting them to shine as rookies.
    any change is good change. As long as there's a new face under center, it will keep the masses happy. At least for a week.
    and the masses will see him make bonehead rookie mistakes that they will then hold against him for the rest of his time on the roster.

Again, running these young kids out long before they are ready serves no purpose other than to get them real actual NFL snaps which is impossible to simulate in practice.

Other than that, its all bad especially considering how the masses that are the Vikings fanbase treats thier young QB's.
    I'm not saying it's the right choice, it's just waht people want.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1083598
    Why does anyone think we would see anything better from Webb that what we are seeing from any of the other QBs that came out in that class, well, other than Bradford anyways?

We just can't keep running these late round picks out and expecting them to shine as rookies.
    any change is good change. As long as there's a new face under center, it will keep the masses happy. At least for a week.
    A win will keep the masses happy. Or at least a loss that isn't an ass kicking. Tjack still gives a better chance at not getting our ass kicked than Webb.
    I'm worried about the Bores now. Forte is running strong or has show he can behind that improved interior of thier OL.

Our secondary can probably go with Cutler but if we can't stop the run it doesn't matter what QB we have there.

Iggles will run on us, probably worse than the Bores, but probably not as bad as the Giants did.

Next win we see might just be agianst the Lions and I worry about that. Last nights offensive showing sure looked like a few were mailing it in. Can you imagine what it will look like on the 2/11?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1083603
    Questions:

What is Webb's role?

Why do we say Webb is not ready?

If we draft a top quality QB, will he be more ready than Webb?
    Webb's role has changed three times this season. WR - QB - WR/PR - and now QB again.

And he is not ready because he was a low round draft pick who has been 3rd on the depth chart for mostg of the season, meaning he has NOT been practicing with anything other than the practice squad.

Will a top quality QB be more "ready" than Webb? That question is irrelevant to whether or not we should start Webb now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083605
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083600

and the masses will see him make bonehead rookie mistakes that they will then hold against him for the rest of his time on the roster.

Again, running these young kids out long before they are ready serves no purpose other than to get them real actual NFL snaps which is impossible to simulate in practice.

Other than that, its all bad especially considering how the masses that are the Vikings fanbase treats thier young QB's.
    I'm not saying it's the right choice, it's just waht people want.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, ......"When an organization starts making football decisions based on fan approval, all is lost".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083607
    Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1083598

A win will keep the masses happy. Or at least a loss that isn't an ass kicking. Tjack still gives a better chance at not getting our ass kicked than Webb.
    I'm worried about the Bores now. Forte is running strong or has show he can behind that improved interior of thier OL.

Our secondary can probably go with Cutler but if we can't stop the run it doesn't matter what QB we have there.

Iggles will run on us, probably worse than the Bores, but probably not as bad as the Giants did.

Next win we see might just be agianst the Lions and I worry about that. Last nights offensive showing sure looked like a few were mailing it in. Can you imagine what it will look like on the 2/11?
    Play TJ until he gets hurt, then put in Webb. No way would I declare Webb the starter at this point. We didn't even draft this guy to be a QB. He's nothing but a good athlete at this point.

Questions:

What is Webb's role?

Webbs role is to learn everything he can learn and try to be as ready as he can be if his number is called, ala last night.

The guys drafted at the top of last years draft class aren't ready and a few of them have not only practiced with the ones, they've actually played against the other teams one's and they still aren't ready. No way Joe is ready. Last time he probably took a snap was with the PS and that probably wasn't at full speed.

I like to think that a kid who has 1 year of NFL coaching is better than any kid drafted and thrown to the wolves the first year. I am starting to change my opinion on that. That is mostly based on watching the cats out there that get continued reps as the starter, regardless of how bad they play, seem to mature a bit faster.

Key note on that is that comment only applies to the franchise guy/guys that are taken in the top 5. All others just keep on sucking.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Well, as I see it, we have been wasting a great resource.

Had we kept Sage, Webb could have been solving part of our receiver problem. We lost some close games that might have been won with Webb catching the ball.

Webb is talented enough that he might be vying for rookie of the year as a receiver.

Instead......he's wasted.

Childress painted us into a corner on the QB issue and we need some bold action to shake things up.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083617
    Questions:

What is Webb's role?

Webbs role is to learn everything he can learn and try to be as ready as he can be if his number is called, ala last night.

The guys drafted at the top of last years draft class aren't ready and a few of them have not only practiced with the ones, they've actually played against the other teams one's and they still aren't ready. No way Joe is ready. Last time he probably took a snap was with the PS and that probably wasn't at full speed.
    You think so? Remember, Favre wasn't practicing at all this week. I'm betting Webb had some reps with at least the second team.
    I like to think that a kid who has 1 year of NFL coaching is better than any kid drafted and thrown to the wolves the first year. I am starting to change my opinion on that. That is mostly based on watching the cats out there that get continued reps as the starter, regardless of how bad they play, seem to mature a bit faster.
    Depends on the guy I think. It takes the right mindset and the ability to improve. Guys like Peyton manning, or Matt Ryan, joe Flacco, etc. they all started right away. Manning had a brutal season, but he had a brutal team. Ryan and Flacco made mistakes, but they both fought through, and are better for it.

however, some guys you can't do that with. I think TJ is one of those guys. Webb might, or might not as well, we have no idea.

Key note on that is that comment only applies to the franchise guy/guys that are taken in the top 5. All others just keep on sucking.
    in which case, disregard the above...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1083620
    Well, as I see it, we have been wasting a great resource.

Had we kept Sage, Webb could have been solving part of our receiver problem. We lost some close games that might have been won with Webb catching the ball.

Webb is talented enough that he might be vying for rookie of the year as a receiver.

Instead......he's wasted.
    I'm sure you are basing that off the large sample of Joe Webb receptions you have seen, correct?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Don't have to.

He's got to be an improvement over what we've had in play, so why waste him?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast