Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Webb or TJ??? What Does Frazier Do?

Is Frazier's best move to declare Webb the QB of the future and TJ the backup and give Webb the starts for the rest of the season?

We need to know asap whether or not we need to DRAFT our QB of the future or if we've already got him.

I say if Webb has what it takes to be our franchise QB.....we need to find out now.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Webb or TJ??? What Does Frazier Do?

Future? LOL!

How about the next game.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1083589
    Is Frazier's best move to declare Webb the QB of the future and TJ the backup and give Webb the starts for the rest of the season?

We need to know asap whether or not we need to DRAFT our QB of the future or if we've already got him.

I say if Webb has what it takes to be our franchise QB.....we need to find out now.
    Gotta keep Webb on the roster as the project he is.. but come on.. for the future?, is this thread for real..

If Favre can play, he plays.. if not its Tarvaris..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Why does anyone think we would see anything better from Webb that what we are seeing from any of the other QBs that came out in that class, well, other than Bradford anyways?

We just can't keep running these late round picks out and expecting them to shine as rookies.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It is a tough decision. Would it be beneficial to put Webb in? Probably not. At least not against Chicago or Philly. Maybe Detroit to get his feet wet and try and gauge him a bit more. But rushing a young QB into a game or games just to see what he has got could have longer term effects on his development.

Also, I realize that I may be in the minority here, but I still want to do everything we can to win these remaining 3 games. And at this point, TJack still gives us a better chance to win than Webb.

If we just roll over and finish the season 5-8, we are going to hemmorage free agents in the offseason. Greenway, Edwards, Rice, etc. There are a lot of talented players who are free agents next year (depending on the status of the CBA of course). Plus we have a coaching issue - Frazier may be our next HC, but we don't know that for sure. I would feel a lot more comfortable if he is able to go 5-1 or 4-2 over his six weeks than 2-4.

If Favre can't play any more this season, which is looking more and more likely, my vote is TJack as the starter. yeah, he sucks. Yeah, he isn't going to be back next year (thank God). But he still gives us a better chance to win, and that is the goal REGARDLESS of our playoff status.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083592
    Why does anyone think we would see anything better from Webb that what we are seeing from any of the other QBs that came out in that class, well, other than Bradford anyways?

We just can't keep running these late round picks out and expecting them to shine as rookies.
    any change is good change. As long as there's a new face under center, it will keep the masses happy. At least for a week.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083595

any change is good change. As long as there's a new face under center, it will keep the masses happy. At least for a week.
    A win will keep the masses happy. Or at least a loss that isn't an ass kicking. Tjack still gives a better chance at not getting our ass kicked than Webb.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Gotta still go Jackson

He hasn't really shown up last 2 weeks.. But I wanna groom a young QB correctly.. Not throw him into the fire against 2 top teams

Favre won't play again most likely.. Jackson has gotta step up

Webb looks promising as an athelete.. Can't say much on what he did last night because I didn't see.. But that is about all the time he should get in a game this year

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083595

and the masses will see him make bonehead rookie mistakes that they will then hold against him for the rest of his time on the roster.

Again, running these young kids out long before they are ready serves no purpose other than to get them real actual NFL snaps which is impossible to simulate in practice.

Other than that, its all bad especially considering how the masses that are the Vikings fanbase treats thier young QB's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Questions:

What is Webb's role?

Why do we say Webb is not ready?

If we draft a top quality QB, will he be more ready than Webb?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast