Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:Webb Stay, TJack Out

gregair13 wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4UvKrdafqY
    This is one of my favourite things ever now.
    I don't think I would ever root for a Viking to be lit up. I never want to see TJ do bad but he just does and I think what is best for the team is to cut him. It was never his fault, Chiller trotted him out when he wasn't ready. Any time you do that with a complex position like Qb usually bad things happen.

TJ was inaccurate and from a small school with no real competition. Once he moved up to the big leagues he just couldn't compete. The "not caring " statement bothers me but I do have to say he has handled all the adversity like a pro until that point, I just wish him the best as long as it is on another team.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

ndnorseman wrote:
    There's a difference between:

A ) giving him a roster spot and a chance to see what he can do with a year of learning under Favre, and then another year of experience under his belt (what most of us WANT)

vs.

B ) stubbornly sticking with him well after he shows that he can't hack it as a starting QB, and thereby passing up good opportunities to actually GET a franchise guy (what Childress DOES)

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't let the failed T-Jack experiment keep us from having hope for another guy just because he's raw and wasn't a first-round pick. Brady was a 6th rounder too, wasn't he? Does anyone remember why? Was he from a small school or something?

JMO
    He was a Michigan and broke some records there and was expected to be a 3rd or 4th, but just like guy's who thought they were 1st rounders, Clausen and McCoy, they drop.

They also probably though he didn't have a good QB build like everyone said Ryan Leaf had a great QB build.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

gagarr wrote:
    ndnorseman wrote:

A ) giving him a roster spot and a chance to see what he can do with a year of learning under Favre, and then another year of experience under his belt (what most of us WANT)

vs.

B ) stubbornly sticking with him well after he shows that he can't hack it as a starting QB, and thereby passing up good opportunities to actually GET a franchise guy (what Childress DOES)

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't let the failed T-Jack experiment keep us from having hope for another guy just because he's raw and wasn't a first-round pick. Brady was a 6th rounder too, wasn't he? Does anyone remember why? Was he from a small school or something?

JMO
    He was a Michigan and broke some records there and was expected to be a 3rd or 4th, but just like guy's who thought they were 1st rounders, Clausen and McCoy, they drop.

They also probably though he didn't have a good QB build like everyone said Ryan Leaf had a great QB build.
    There's a general prejudice (I've read in the past) against Big-10 QBs. You have to be something really special to get be highly drafted out of the Big-10.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ndnorseman wrote:

vs.

JMO
    Brady went to Michigan and had a great senior year. If you want to know why he was a sixth round pick all you have to do is get a picture of him at the NFL draft. He was a tall skinny weak tit with an above average arm. The three things that separate him from TJ and Webb are:

1. Big time competition-Coming out of the big ten he played in a major conference and played well going against some of the better defenses in the college ranks.

2. Accuracy- Brady- may not have the strongest arm but he is very accurate. A strong arm does not make a hall of famer, nor does a weak arm sentence you to second string, just ask Joe Montana, or Ryan Leaf.

3. Read defenses-Brady understands defenses and can go to the right guy, I don't think TJ can do that, and we shall have to see if Webb is capable of doing that.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Big Matt wrote:
    trade him to the Steelers, they could be looking for a QB!
    I was looking at that Leftwich is out which leaves Dixon as the Steelers QB for the duration. Think TJ may have some trade value and out of the three backups to Favre he's bottom of my list.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

AngloVike wrote:
    Big Matt wrote:
    I was looking at that Leftwich is out which leaves Dixon as the Steelers QB for the duration. Think TJ may have some trade value and out of the three backups to Favre he's bottom of my list.
    The Steelers won't make a trade before cut down time. Why trade for someone before you see who might be available for free?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Zeus wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Big Matt wrote:
    The Steelers won't make a trade before cut down time. Why trade for someone before you see who might be available for free?

=Z=
    Steelers allow veteran center Hartwig to explore trade options

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a3fcef/article/steelers-allow-veteran-center-hartwig-to-explore-trade-options?module=HP_headlines

BOOM!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Zeus wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Big Matt wrote:

=Z=
    maybe they see him as a starting calibre QB *cough cough* in which case they might not want to chance losing him.. :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

AngloVike wrote:
    Big Matt wrote:
    I wish you were our coach; unfortunately it is the chiller and he some man love for TJ. Which means Sage is the odd man out,too bad I think we are an average team behind Favre if we get rid of Sage. Even with Sage we are not going to the super bowl so what does it really matter anyway. :S

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

I just can't help but think that there has to be some reason other than pure stubbornness. Childress may have an ego and may be stubborn, but even he can't possibly be so far gone that he would put his ego above the best interests of the team, simply for one backup QB.

The staff has to heve seen something else there that most of us don't. I still strongly suspect that TJ was deliberately held back this preseason. Whether that be about him, or more about testing the guys around him, I don't know and wouldn't care to guess, but one thins that TJ has certainly proven is that he can follow directions and do what he is told.

Once again, it's preseason, and I am loathe to believe anything, seen or heard. We'll find out this weekend who stays and who goes.

So, here's where it falls for me. I have no control over what decisions get made, so I won't concern myself. It's not worth getting an ulcer over. I choose to accept whatever happens and hope for the best. If TJ is really our #2, I'll accept that there is a good reason and deal with it. If he's released, so be it, thanks and good luck.

As for Webb... I like his potential as much as anyone, but it won't truly be that great a loss if he's not retained. He won't be ready to be a regular contributor for a couple of years yet anyway, IMO. Let him go if we can't afford the roster slot.

No matter who is the #2 QB, or #3 for that matter, there will still be a significant dropoff from Favre if he goes down. So just hope he doesn't, and accept the rest with good grace.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast