Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re:Webb Stay, TJack Out

Next year TJ will be a FA. If they let Sage go they then have:

1. Sign TJ to a multi-year contract, one year maybe if he doesn't get any other offers.

2. Sign a old vet or 2 and have them compete against Webb again (what Chilly did with TJ), which may keep Chilly's job intact if the Vikes make the playoff or Webb shows some real promise. i.e. Wilf cuts Chilly some slack, post Favre.

3. Land or trade for a good vet QB that still has alot in the tank.

4. Do something to land a good prospect in the draft. Which will be hard drafting #32

This is all base on there not being a lockout. If there is who knows what will develop after that, with a salary cap and FA rules.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Big Matt is offline Starter

trade him to the Steelers, they could be looking for a QB!

NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Webb is fun to watch, and obviously a fan favorite. But let's be a little real here. He stared down his recievers and wasn't accurate AT ALL.

I like him, I want him to be the #3 on our team. But let's not be silly about the boy's skills. He is more raw that TJack ever was (but has more potential too IMHO).

Anyone remember back to TJack's rookie year, all the love we had for him then? I don't want to make that mistake twice...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purpledoom is offline Starter

One of the things I like about Webb is that he dosn't seem to ever panic. While TJ seems to get that deer in the headlights thing sometimes. I know he's raw but sure hate to see him slip through.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

NodakPaul wrote:
    Webb is fun to watch, and obviously a fan favorite. But let's be a little real here. He stared down his recievers and wasn't accurate AT ALL.

I like him, I want him to be the #3 on our team. But let's not be silly about the boy's skills. He is more raw that TJack ever was (but has more potential too IMHO).

Anyone remember back to TJack's rookie year, all the love we had for him then? I don't want to make that mistake twice...

You summed up everything I was going to say about him

He is very athlete and seems to make alot more plays then Jackson.. But he still needs to learn how to play at this level.. He did pretty good against 3rd 4th and 5th stringers trying to tackle him.. He will outrun them anyday

He can make some throws.. But is still unaccurate, he can't stare down WRs like he has done all preseason against real NFL talent.. He would be a pick throwing machine

As for Jackson, i'm starting to look like a real idiot thinking he will ammount to anything.. I would love to keep him around.. I'll support him until he is gone.. But from the looks of it he hasn't learned a thing.. I hope that's not the case, but I just have a hard time saying anything good about him

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

NodakPaul wrote:

I agree with this, and though I would hope we find a way to keep Webb, it would not surprise me if he is cut.
    Placing him on the practice squad would be the same as cutting him.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    I love his athleticism, we just have to find out where to put him. What is his position on the team going to be? People automatically think that because he was moved to QB he failed at WR.
    Who said that? Any place I've read - here or otherwise - has been that what the team has said - that the coaching staff saw how good his arm was in mini-camp and decided to put him BACK to the position he played in college, QB.

=Z=
    People have said in other htreads that he was at WR and was moved so he must not be that good. I haven't heard one way or the other about his WR skills; I am just intrigued by them. I do not want another three years of debates on him like TJ.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    I love his athleticism, we just have to find out where to put him. What is his position on the team going to be? People automatically think that because he was moved to QB he failed at WR.
    Who said that? Any place I've read - here or otherwise - has been that what the team has said - that the coaching staff saw how good his arm was in mini-camp and decided to put him BACK to the position he played in college, QB.

=Z=
    People have said in other htreads that he was at WR and was moved so he must not be that good. I haven't heard one way or the other about his WR skills; I am just intrigued by them. I do not want another three years of debates on him like TJ.
    Vikes need a QB, for next year and beyond, they don't need another WR. Thus, if you have a tweener which way would you go? Neither are going to matter this year or are guarenteed to pan out, so go with the need of the future which is QB.

BTW, I, like Favre, think they have to find some way to get the guy on the field... i.e. wildcat. He's so far shown he's a play maker, whether he can do it consistantly has yet to be seen.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

gagarr wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

=Z=
    Vikes need a QB, for next year and beyond, they don't need another WR. Thus, if you have a tweener which way would you go? Neither are going to matter this year or are guarenteed to pan out, so go with the need of the future which is QB.

BTW, I, like Favre, think they have to find some way to get the guy on the field... i.e. wildcat. He's so far shown he's a play maker, whether he can do it consistantly has yet to be seen.
    I just think he has special skills to be WR. I think he won't be a special QB IMO. Accuracy is a hard thing to teach; You can teach him to read defenses, Philophy and progressions but you really can't teach a QB to be accurate. Who says we don't need WRs; Why did we sign a retread like Walker, trade for Camarillo? We need help at that position too.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

There's a difference between:

A ) giving him a roster spot and a chance to see what he can do with a year of learning under Favre, and then another year of experience under his belt (what most of us WANT)

vs.

B ) stubbornly sticking with him well after he shows that he can't hack it as a starting QB, and thereby passing up good opportunities to actually GET a franchise guy (what Childress DOES)

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't let the failed T-Jack experiment keep us from having hope for another guy just because he's raw and wasn't a first-round pick. Brady was a 6th rounder too, wasn't he? Does anyone remember why? Was he from a small school or something?

JMO

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast