Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Texas Viking is offline Starter

Re:Webb Stay, TJack Out

I also have tried to be in the T-Jack corner, but honestly right now Id keep Sage and Webb over him.

After watching Webb, for some reason I see him as a young Daunte Culpepper by the way he can run the ball. Hes definitely a keeper!

Purple Mk1 is offline Rookie

I think that even Chilly will have to recognize that its time for TJack to move on. His play has been lousy in the preseason and pretty much every game he's played in (with the exception of the Arizona game a few years ago). To see that he doesn't care is the final nail. I can get how disappointed he must be to have been replaced by Gus and then have the team basically beg Favre to come back the last 2 years after saying the team was his. The problem is his play has dictated their decisions.

His time ran out a couple of years ago when he was benched for Gus after a couple of games after being anointed the starter for the 2nd year in a row only to fail.

Webb is still really raw but he has shown flashes that he could really be good and I don't think he'll make it to the practice squad. One project ends and another begins!

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

Texas Viking wrote:
    I also have tried to be in the T-Jack corner, but honestly right now Id keep Sage and Webb over him.

After watching Webb, for some reason I see him as a young Daunte Culpepper by the way he can run the ball. Hes definitely a keeper!
    Webb definitely has the best legs since Culpepper was our QB. He had a pretty nice TD pass tonight, it would be stupid not to keep him.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

JuddZulgad
    Tarvaris Jackson remains the top backup to Brett Favre. Brad Childress made that official tonight.

Here's another gem from our retarded coach. He is the downfall of this team. I am so pissed at him right now I can't describe it. We will never win a super bowl with this moron "leading" us.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    JuddZulgad
    Tarvaris Jackson remains the top backup to Brett Favre. Brad Childress made that official tonight.

Here's another gem from our retarded coach. He is the downfall of this team. I am so pissed at him right now I can't describe it. We will never win a super bowl with this moron "leading" us.
    Just read that. What a shame.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't agree with that decision, but it's Childress' call.

Actually...I really don't care who gets cut between Sage or T-Jack, as long as Webb STAYS! One of them is a FA after this year anyway...I just can't recall which one.

Webb can learn a lot from Favre this year. Then next year, Defenses won't know what to do once he starts taking snaps with Peterson and Harvin in the same formation.

As always, JMO

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion

"Regardless of the situation, regardless of why they're booing ... I can't do nothing about it," Jackson said.
    Well, you could start playing like a real QB. It's not impressive when your QB rating is the lowest on the team.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

ndnorseman wrote:
    One of them is a FA after this year anyway...I just can't recall which one.
    TJ

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

On one hand you have a no brainer with regard to the future of TJ which is he needs a fresh start at a lower profile team where he can start again. TJ has no place in Minnesota.

On the other you have a beligerent coach who refuses to admit that his "project" hasn't worked out. I didn't like Childress from the start but we have progressed since he's been here and that's a fact. However, if Tjack is a roster player come season start then he should hang his head in shame.
    Purple till i die

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

God, could he be anymore stubborn???? WHY, WHY, WHY can't he just admit that its time to move on? TJack isn't and never was the answer. Cut his sorry ass, we can't keep 4 QB's, or at least we shouldn't, no way Webb would make it onto the practice squad and I'll be pissed if we let him go.

We have such talent on this team, cutting a non talented tjack would let another guy make the team and help with depth at a different position.

This makes me a very unhappy girl.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast