Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Not good enough to play QB, just barley good enough to play WR. I'd rather have a guy good (with Potential) on the roster than one that is OK at two positions.

I know that he would give the staff flexibility in the "Emergency QB" area, but if it comes to that, things are pretty bad.
    Right... what team loses 3 Qbs in a season?
    I think the guy's personality outshines his talent and the staff is trying to find a way to get him on this team. Only problem is are they doing what's best for the team?

iowa is offline Rookie
    Webb as an NFL QB should be a subject that needs no further discussion, he was given a chance, it didn't work out, end of story. I'd still like to see more of him at WR, hopefully he gets a good long look in the last two preseason games. Everyone assumes Burton is going to be the last WR we keep but I'm not sold on him, he's shown some flashes but I still think Webb has more upside, size, speed and leaping ability. Too bad Chilly didn't keep him at WR instead of wasting time with the QB experiment.
    None

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I think the guy's personality outshines his talent and the staff is trying to find a way to get him on this team. Only problem is are they doing what's best for the team?
    the Bears are the team that comes to mind, a few years ago (2010 or was it 11) they lost Cutler, Collins or was it Hanie/ McCown then Lovie was checking out the peanut vendors in the stands during games late in the season to see how well they could fling them....think it was Martz offense, the turnstyle oline and no run game that equalled several hurt qbs

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Not good enough to play QB, just barley good enough to play WR. I'd rather have a guy good (with Potential) on the roster than one that is OK at two positions.
    He's already caught twice as many passes as Carlson has this year in limited play, which is as many as it took Carlson 8 games to amass last year, yet you are already predicting Carlson to be the big difference play maker this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro
    I still say that Wright and Carlson will be the difference makers this year

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Favre, Webb & Jackson all got injured in 2010 & had to be pulled out of games, didn't they?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He's already caught twice as many passes as Carlson has this year in limited play, which is as many as it took Carlson 8 games to amass last year, yet you are already predicting Carlson to be the big difference play maker this year.
    Webb's also rushed for more yards in his first 2 season than Felton has in his career still don't think that earns Webb a roster spot this year

I guess when making prediction we just have to fall back on the this earlier posted rating system that's out there and Carlson is a 67 and Webb is a 63

NFL player rating

Felton is a 62 so Webb gets his roster spot
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 08-24-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12