Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Norseman Webb to Quarterback

Id say anything is possible, Musgrave said, via quotes distributed by the team. Thats a lot of speculation here in August.
    Musgrave is always looking

Joe has played quarterback, Joe has played wide receiver. You know wed have to go to our contingency plans if we ever got into that state of affairs.
    Musgrave doesnt rule out a return by Webb to quarterback

To be honest I was hoping they might keep MBT around as a #3 project but may be they're going to start a new project with Vandenberg on the practise squad

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I would like us to stop developing crap college Qbs and start developing legit Qbs. The eagles Development QB is Barkley. Our Development QB is a guy that was a URFA from San Fran. Why lord are these people allowed to run this team? They treat the QB position like other teams treat the Punter position.

I don't think Barkley is a development player, he isn't hitting the practise squad, he's insurance Vick isn't going to last a whole season, Barkley is Foles backup

I forgot, f**k the Eagles we already had there qb guru here and Mcflabb....the Eagles the dream team
    Last edited by vikinggreg; 08-22-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    I don't think Barkley is a development player, he isn't hitting the practise squad, he's insurance Vick isn't going to last a whole season, Barkley is Foles backup

I forgot, f**k the Eagles we already had there qb guru here and Mcflabb....the Eagles the dream team
    MBT is hitting the Practice Team?
    That's kinda the point. MBT can go to the practice team because the risk that some one takes him due to his lack of talent is low. Barkley has Talent something we should be looking for in our QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    MBT is hitting the Practice Team?
    That's kinda the point. MBT can go to the practice team because the risk that some one takes him due to his lack of talent is low. Barkley has Talent something we should be looking for in our QBs.
    If Webb stays MBT is gone, don't think he can go to the practice squad he was our 3 last year on the 53 man roster. As for Barkley may be he's a talent but is he the Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Tarvaris Jackson, Kevin Kolb, Kyle Orton, Kurt Cousins, Ryan Mallet, Tyrod Taylor...or Mike Glennon taken the round earlier or the other 3 taken in the 4th like Ryan Nassib, wasn't Nassib projected as going to the Bills at some point.

Any way my point was we keep Webb as our 3, MBT more than likely is gone and Vandenberg hits the practice squad as a 4th QB

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I don't want Webb as a QB any more period. We all saw what he can do and it is not good. There is no benefit to having him on the team when we know he is not QB material and we would be much better off cutting him and finding a player we can develop rather than just keeping him and hoping the time never comes that we need him.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Webb to Quarterback

Serenity now.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Not good enough to play QB, just barley good enough to play WR. I'd rather have a guy good (with Potential) on the roster than one that is OK at two positions.

I know that he would give the staff flexibility in the "Emergency QB" area, but if it comes to that, things are pretty bad.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I will be surprised if Webb makes the team. There's no benefit in keeping him as an emergency quarterback when we already know he can't play that position well.
    Better to keep MBT. Besides, MBT is the only QB on the roster with a live arm and occasional accuracy. Too bad he's so inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    If Webb stays MBT is gone, don't think he can go to the practice squad he was our 3 last year on the 53 man roster. As for Barkley may be he's a talent but is he the Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Tarvaris Jackson, Kevin Kolb, Kyle Orton, Kurt Cousins, Ryan Mallet, Tyrod Taylor...or Mike Glennon taken the round earlier or the other 3 taken in the 4th like Ryan Nassib, wasn't Nassib projected as going to the Bills at some point.

Any way my point was we keep Webb as our 3, MBT more than likely is gone and Vandenberg hits the practice squad as a 4th QB
    Humm, you might be right. I thought the QB rule kept him inactive as he didn't count? I have to go back over the rule change from last year ( i forget).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast