marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Webb not moving to WR

The head coach also said that rookie Joe Webb, a college quarterback drafted to be a receiver then moved back to quarterback, won't be moved to receiver. Childress said the team discussed it but decided against it. "We'd have been working with a rough piece of clay there," Childress said. "Obviously, he's a superb athlete, but he needs work in what he's doing right now."
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/24/childress-wont-rule-our-ir-for-sidney-rice-wont-move-joe-webb-to-wideout/

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:Webb not moving to WR

And with that goes Webb's shot at an NFL career. Thanks Chilly.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Hahahaha hes good at that

But I do think he can be a productive QB.. IFFFFF groomed and trained properly

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Wasn't it that crazy cat named Marrdro who tried to tell you guys/gals not to believe anything you hear from Coaches, players, GMs etc?

If it gets that bad that we need a body out there at WR, Joe will be run out there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Wasn't it that crazy cat named Marrdro who tried to tell you guys/gals not to believe anything you hear from Coaches, players, GMs etc?

If it gets that bad that we need a body out there at WR, Joe will be run out there.
    Ummm why wouldn't they? Still does not make the coaches liars. He is not moving to WR. He will continue to develop as a QB.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Kinda obvious we want to groom him

Hopefully Chilly ful fuckin fills his fuckin QB groomin talents

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

He is a rookie... why would any one believe he would be a starter. Is he going to be our starting QB? No..... Why would he be a starting WR with no NFL experience?

WWBGD

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

V4L wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Hahahaha hes good at that

But I do think he can be a productive QB.. IFFFFF groomed and trained properly
    Agree, but we know that 'IF' is bigger than any text we have available to type here!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I just have zero faith in Childress' ability to groom a raw QB. I think if we've learned anything in the past 5 years it is that Childress is not going to improve the play of any QB. Furthermore that task doesn't even seem like the responsibility of a HC. I would think that task would lay with the QB coach, who also must suck for the Vikings.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I mean Jackson does look like twice the QB he was coming out of college. He did come from a D2 school and lacked some serious skills. Fact of the matter though is that he still doesn't appear to be a serviceable starting NFL QB.

Webb's skills look even more raw than Jackson's did which makes it hard to believe that in the next few years Webb is going to be QBing for us.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    I just have zero faith in Childress' ability to groom a raw QB. I think if we've learned anything in the past 5 years it is that Childress is not going to improve the play of any QB. Furthermore that task doesn't even seem like the responsibility of a HC. I would think that task would lay with the QB coach, who also must suck for the Vikings.

Maybe I'm wrong though. I mean Jackson does look like twice the QB he was coming out of college. He did come from a D2 school and lacked some serious skills. Fact of the matter though is that he still doesn't appear to be a serviceable starting NFL QB.

Webb's skills look even more raw than Jackson's did which makes it hard to believe that in the next few years Webb is going to be QBing for us.
    When it comes to grooming Jackson how much falls back to Tarvaris, there is also a QB coach and Bevell (lol, makes me laugh too) that works with him, Rich Gannon came in and worked with Jackson during last years camp, Gannon worked with Jackson again this year at Fitz's camp. Gannon has stated on sirius radio Jackson knows the playbook from cover to cover but has problems reading defenses, blitz's and making quick decisions on the field. Jackson also worked with Brad Johnson, Gus Frerotte (who supposedly helped Culpepper) and now Favre. Its not like Childress has been the only one around Jackson.