Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Webb impresses new coordinator

"I started with Jeff George years ago with the Oakland Raiders. I already mentioned Steve Beuerlein. Rodney Peete, of course; Koy Detmer there in Philadelphia for a time. Byron Leftwich, Mark Brunell, David Garrard, had a good time with Patrick Ramsey there with the Washington Redskins along with Mark Brunell. It's been fun to be around a bunch of good people, that's for sure

Pretty stellar group. I wonder what his initial thoughts were of those cats?

Wait.....

Musgrave talked more about Ramsey, who joined the Vikings at the end of the year when Brett Favre was injured and is still on the roster.

"Patrick has had a super career after coming out of Tulane. He's a sharp kid," Musgrave said. "He really started football a little bit late, he was a javelin thrower in high school, competed in the Pan-Am Games and he evolved to playing quarterback, so he did a good job in all sports."
    Are there any javelin throwers in this draft? If not, my guess, we are gonna see Ramsey on the roster again this year.

Sure makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. :sick:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Webb impresses new coordinator

Lol. I read this article on my phone last night and thought, Wow, we sure are lucky to have this guy. He's coached some of the great QBs of all time... :/
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1090715
    Lol. I read this article on my phone last night and thought, Wow, we sure are lucky to have this guy. He's coached some of the great QBs of all time... :/
    LOL, your attempt at humor was not lost on my my friend. :laugh:

On a side note, I'm gonna hope my good friend Mars is right when he said in another thread that he is gonna hold his most recent achievements as a good sign instead of looking at his complete body of work.

I mean seriously, its the only way you can take this turd and polish it into looking like a gem. He was successful with Ryan. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Any chance we can get Steve Loney back?

Seriously, I was hesitant when Frazier hired this guy...I thought, "Why?"

This guy has been an OC twice in the NFL. The first time he resigned after only four games (Carolina Panthers, 2000), and the second time he lead the Jaguars to a 5-11 season ('03)then a 9-7 season ('04), after which he was let go....

Well....we'll see. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Caine

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well maybe there is a chance for Jeff George to come out of retirement and play for the Vikings again after all.

And we can bring in Rodney Peete as a backup as long as we are at it.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090711
    "I started with Jeff George years ago with the Oakland Raiders. I already mentioned Steve Beuerlein. Rodney Peete, of course; Koy Detmer there in Philadelphia for a time. Byron Leftwich, Mark Brunell, David Garrard, had a good time with Patrick Ramsey there with the Washington Redskins along with Mark Brunell. It's been fun to be around a bunch of good people, that's for sure

Wait.....

Musgrave talked more about Ramsey, who joined the Vikings at the end of the year when Brett Favre was injured and is still on the roster.

"Patrick has had a super career after coming out of Tulane. He's a sharp kid," Musgrave said. "He really started football a little bit late, he was a javelin thrower in high school, competed in the Pan-Am Games and he evolved to playing quarterback, so he did a good job in all sports."
    Are there any javelin throwers in this draft? If not, my guess, we are gonna see Ramsey on the roster again this year.

Terry Bradshaw was the National High School Record holder in the javelin for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090720
    Well maybe there is a chance for Jeff George to come out of retirement and play for the Vikings again after all.

And we can bring in Rodney Peete as a backup as long as we are at it.
    Alright. Big test. That was humor right? :laugh:

Well played my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1090719

This guy has been an OC twice in the NFL. The first time he resigned after only four games (Carolina Panthers, 2000), and the second time he lead the Jaguars to a 5-11 season ('03)then a 9-7 season ('04), after which he was let go....

Caine
    I, much to my suprise, have been pretty happy with what Coach Frazier has been doing, with a couple of exceptions.......

A. The hiring of Musgrove.
    B. Keeping DL coaches.

Lets see what players Speilman gets in the draft and how they approach FA in an effort to fix a few wholes before I judge his ability to work FO pukes to fix his roster.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1090721
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090711

Wait.....

Terry Bradshaw was the National High School Record holder in the javelin for over 20 years.
    LOL. Well played my friend, well played indeed. :laugh:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090726
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1090719

Caine
    I, much to my suprise, have been pretty happy with what Coach Frazier has been doing, with a couple of exceptions.......

A. The hiring of Musgrove.
    B. Keeping DL coaches.

Lets see what players Speilman gets in the draft and how they approach FA in an effort to fix a few wholes before I judge his ability to work FO pukes to fix his roster.
    Still waiting to see what Musgrave plans to roll out for an Offense. As I said, I wasn't wowed by the hire, but I wasn't impressed by McCarthy when Green Bay hired him, either.

We'll see...

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast