Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Weakest Link: Offense

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Why are people so negative?

We don't have Brad my are is dead Johnson this year.

Wade has abilities.

Rice is going to be a good receiver.

Ferguson can fill the 3rd spot if Williamson can't get the job done.

Chester is a good back.

Peterson could be a very special he might be an elite back in a year.

Get out of the negative mode and see what happens as the season goes.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Where's the love? I thought this was a fan website?

Everyone is starting to sound like Cleveland Browns fans... and that scares me.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    A weak unit with a few strengths. Who will opposing teams view as our weak point?

The weakest link is you!

Goodbye!
    Thank you for your insight.

In response to you're other post, every team, no matter how talented, has weaknesses. It has nothing to do with "negative mode".

Good teams are able to hide their weaknesses. We could easily ask this same question about the Colts, Saints, Bears, or Patriots.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    A weak unit with a few strengths. Who will opposing teams view as our weak point?

The weakest link is you!

Goodbye!

In response to you're other post, every team, no matter how talented, has weaknesses. It has nothing to do with "negative mode".

Good teams are able to hide their weaknesses. We could easily ask this same question about the Colts, Saints, Bears, or Patriots.

V if it was coming from Singer or Webby I would understand that it is a question about where we need to hide our weakness and hopefully have somebody step up in that position, but you are not exactly high on Childress and have been pretty negative about the team!
    Which is your right, but you are not exactly biased about this so it does come off as very negative.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

The weakest link is you!
    Goodbye!

V if it was coming from Singer or Webby I would understand that it is a question about where we need to hide our weakness and hopefully have somebody step up in that position, but you are not exactly high on Childress and have been pretty negative about the team!
    Which is your right, but you are not exactly biased about this so it does come off as very negative.
    I thought it was pretty levelheaded,realistic and grounded in deep knowledge of the history of the team

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

The weakest link is you!

Goodbye!

I thought it was pretty levelheaded,realistic and grounded in deep knowledge of the history of the team
    Thank you Uffda. I was not going to respond at first, but after chewing it over it is just a bit out of whack, pun intended.

A joke, which I tried to respond to tactfully to, followed by another response singling me out as negative and therefore not as credible as two veterans of the board.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Everyone hang on.
    Earthquake follows..........

TJack.

I know, I know.
    I haven't given up on him but if anything is gonna hold this offense back it will be him.
    Here's hoping his little hinderances are few and far between my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I think our weakest link is depth, overall, not just on offense, except for the defesive secondary,
    i dont like our backups anywhere except for our db's, im scared someone on the o-line or d-line, or our linebackers gets hurt

dont mean to curse them ibut its bound to happen though in a collision sport

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not understanding why our fan base continues to doubt Tavaris, is it because he came from a small school? He lost two starts last year with WR's dropping his passes and the offensive line playing at a poor level? Comentators and experts are doubting him? Regardless of what others say about TJack i've liked what i've seen and I'm sure its more than these so called experts, he chose a smaller school to get playing time. He's got a very strong work ethic and seems to do all the right things, being a professional and taking things serious. I thought it was cool that he gave Peyton Manning a call, young guys asking veterans for advice is always a good sign. I'm more curious to hear what the guys practing with him have to say, Birk and Sharper (Both Pro-Bowl players) are pretty confident in Jackson's abilities. We all know he will have his downs to go with the bright spots but its a learning prosses and if he's as smart as they say he will progress into a very nice QB.

If the offensive line shores up, our new WR's and TE's catch footballs and our running game continues to do well Tavaris will definitly not be a weak link.

Marcus Johnson has not impressed me and if he where to start i would consider him a weak link untill he proves he can handle the snap count. To many false sarts and defenders blowing right by him. Penalties kill drives and puts even more pressure on the rest of the offense.

I'm fairly confident in our WR core even if Williamson continues to be one dimentional. I like what i've seen from Wade's skill wich fits this offense like a glove. Rice scores TD's, did it in college at a high level and i expect him to provide Tavaris with a Red Zone threat along with Shiancoe. Furgeson was a nice addition, he brings some experience and production, also an ex-packer wanting to prove his worth.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"WINchester" wrote:
    I think our weakest link is depth, overall, not just on offense, except for the defesive secondary,
    i dont like our backups anywhere except for our db's, im scared someone on the o-line or d-line, or our linebackers gets hurt

dont mean to curse them ibut its bound to happen though in a collision sport
    that's a phear of every nfl team.. not just us..

I still say that the Oline followed by Tjack are the weak links in our chain.. But i have faith that they will be much stronger then many of the weak links from other teams!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I'm not understanding why our fan base continues to doubt Tavaris, is it because he came from a small school? He lost two starts last year with WR's dropping his passes and the offensive line playing at a poor level? Comentators and experts are doubting him? Regardless of what others say about TJack i've liked what i've seen and I'm sure its more than these so called experts, he chose a smaller school to get playing time. He's got a very strong work ethic and seems to do all the right things, being a professional and taking things serious. I thought it was cool that he gave Peyton Manning a call, young guys asking veterans for advice is always a good sign. I'm more curious to hear what the guys practing with him have to say, Birk and Sharper (Both Pro-Bowl players) are pretty confident in Jackson's abilities. We all know he will have his downs to go with the bright spots but its a learning prosses and if he's as smart as they say he will progress into a very nice QB.

If the offensive line shores up, our new WR's and TE's catch footballs and our running game continues to do well Tavaris will definitly not be a weak link.

Marcus Johnson has not impressed me and if he where to start i would consider him a weak link untill he proves he can handle the snap count. To many false sarts and defenders blowing right by him. Penalties kill drives and puts even more pressure on the rest of the offense.

I'm fairly confident in our WR core even if Williamson continues to be one dimentional. I like what i've seen from Wade's skill wich fits this offense like a glove. Rice scores TD's, did it in college at a high level and i expect him to provide Tavaris with a Red Zone threat along with Shiancoe. Furgeson was a nice addition, he brings some experience and production, also an ex-packer wanting to prove his worth.

I'm one of his biggest backers on here my friend, and it isn't that I'm doubting him.
    Its that he is basically a rookie.

Plain and simple, rookies make mistakes.
    I no for a fact he will make mistakes.
    I just hope that he keeps them to minimum my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123