Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Weakest Link: Defence

"vikes09" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    IMO Udeze has no reason to be on the list, he lead the fricken league in tackles for loss last year, and is a monster against the run, and this year on Passing Downs Robison/ James will be in there instead of him, so he should improve moving back to his natural spot
    back to his natural spot? i thought that was defensive end. which is wear hes always been. so you definitly lost me on that one. and just cus hes good against the run says nothing. you cant be good on some downs and horrible on others. youll never get anywhere in the league. he really needs to step it up on passing plays this year.
    Udeze had switched sides to compensate for Erasmus getting hurt, i think.

And I totally agree. I hope with our new D-co. and a few added blitzes that Udeze is able to get to the quarterback more times than like the previous season. But i don't believe he's our weak link, but he certainly belongs up there as one of the weaker ones.
    holy fuck. are you shitting me? switching sides is now considered switching positions? what a load of bull.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Yes, he had to switch from one side to another when EJ went down.
    It seems simple, but the more I read about it; this is not a simple adjustment to make.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "carta4eva" wrote:
    IMO Udeze has no reason to be on the list, he lead the fricken league in tackles for loss last year, and is a monster against the run, and this year on Passing Downs Robison/ James will be in there instead of him, so he should improve moving back to his natural spot
    back to his natural spot? i thought that was defensive end. which is wear hes always been. so you definitly lost me on that one. and just cus hes good against the run says nothing. you cant be good on some downs and horrible on others. youll never get anywhere in the league. he really needs to step it up on passing plays this year.
    Udeze had switched sides to compensate for Erasmus getting hurt, i think.

And I totally agree. I hope with our new D-co. and a few added blitzes that Udeze is able to get to the quarterback more times than like the previous season. But i don't believe he's our weak link, but he certainly belongs up there as one of the weaker ones.
    holy floop. are you poohing me? switching sides is now considered switching positions? what a load of bull.
    well, that's what i was assuming carta4eva meant by "switching positions", Udeze switching from RE to LE.

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    It seems simple, but the more I read about it; this is not a simple adjustment to make.
    whats so different? you switch which hand you put down and you flip all the blitzes. its not like your responsibilites change.
    woo out

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    whats so different? you switch which hand you put down and you flip all the blitzes. its not like your responsibilites change.
    i understand, and agree. I guess there's a certain familiarity with the left side for Udeze?

"vikes09" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    i understand, and agree. I guess there's a certain familiarity with the left side for Udeze?

yeah i play de in high school and while i know there not very comparable by any means you would think he would just cowboy up and do his job. oh well who knows.
    woo out

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    Everybody has a dominate side, and it's harder for some people to get their brain to work to switch tasks.

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

yeah i play de in high school and while i know there not very comparable by any means you would think he would just cowboy up and do his job. oh well who knows.
    I used to play DE as well, last year in fact, and switching sides wasn't a big deal at all.

It all comes down to the fact that NFL Players = wimps.
    ;D

litlharsh is offline Coordinator

According to SI, In the ENEMY LINES part, where "an opposing scout sizes up the vikings"

"The league isn't wise yet to [second-year man] Cedric Griffin, the corner opposite Antoine Winfield. He hits as hard as Winfield, he's three inches taller, and he'll make a lot of plays because no one wants to throw at Winfield. He could be the best young corner in the league.

So moral of story, don't vote for Ced. Udeze/James for sure.

ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

Wimps???
    Not necessarily.
    Prima Donna's......................Definitely!!!
    The league is filled with 'em!!!
    That's why I'd love to see more guys with more attitude like Brian Robison come into the Vikings fold!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast