Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoscoTN is offline Training Camp

Weak ESPN Coverage

ESPN sucked yesterday. Espcially if you're a Vikings fan.

Sure we got the obligatory spiel on our first round pick. But after that no mention at all - unless you want to count the oh-so-funny and certainly-not-dated jokes about the clock.

Round Two: Thomas is only included in a list of "Let's get you caught up". No highlight. No mention of good or bad pick.

Round Three: Scott isn't even included on the "Let's get you caught up" list. Six picks had passed and only the most recent 5 were displayed!

I watch the draft to hear about the picks. Half of them are washed over because they feel an interview with a scout or the fact it's been 10 minutes and they haven't discussed QBs. Remember, these are QB's of the crappiest teams in the league! They're still going to suck next year and a rookie QB isn't going to be a star for a while!

Far too many mouths clocked in for ESPN yesterday. Especially the Hoge/Salisbury group. Notice how we had to listen to them ramble on about Jackson and the Cowboys for 5+ minutes - while in real life - the Cowboys had traded out of the spot? Blah Blah BLah. But hey, it's SUnday now and they're all bowing down to an idol of Parcells somewhere.

and the ESPN website is even worse. CLick on draft update and see that "Joe Player" was selected. Oh, let's see who this player is.....click on his name - and they want you to freaking subscribe to read a bio!

CBS Sportsline has far surpassed espn in my opinion for coverage of sports. Not only is it the same information, but you're never rolling the dice to see if a link you select is going to require subscription or not.

Anyway, Great draft for the Vikings! Just glad I didn't have to depend on espn to tell me about it.

Weak ESPN Coverage

i agree rosco. the draft coverage has been mediocre at best this year. i don't even go to espn.com anymore. you get more info faster at cbs or nfl. here's looking at 5 more great picks!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Weak ESPN Coverage

I also agree, it is by far teh worst coverage I have ever seen, they didn't even talk about our 2nd round pick, they would rather talk about that whiney little bastard Eli Manning 10 minutes because that is just EVER so interesting, I wish that no team would ever sign him, and have the chargers as the only team that will so he has to be on the Chargers

jmiller1 is offline Rookie

Weak ESPN Coverage

I hope the chargers go to the superbowl in the next 5 years to show the little whiny bastard that they were going to go and i hope the giants only are 5-11every year cause I hate that guy and i hate archy to espn hasn't been the greatest coverage on the vikings.

Weak ESPN Coverage

i liked eli until all this stuff came out. i hope he has a carreer like his dad. wallowing in obscurity. as for espn, let's find a couple of dead horses and beat them...

yay for me! i'm a coordinator!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Weak ESPN Coverage

Now that i think about it, is ESPN ever nice to the vikings, whenever they talk about the packers or the "RAYDAS" its always something good and cheery, and how they want to make love to Brett Favre, but with te Vikings they all of a sudden turn into Eeore and everything is negative

ksvikesfan is offline Rookie

Weak ESPN Coverage

Hey at least Denny Green wasn't on there this year. He really annoyed the crap out of me last year.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Weak ESPN Coverage

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Now that i think about it, is ESPN ever nice to the vikings, whenever they talk about the packers or the "RAYDAS" its always something good and cheery, and how they want to make love to Brett Favre, but with te Vikings they all of a sudden turn into Eeore and everything is negative
    I totally agree, I can't remember the last time they said anything good about the Viks. And I to was watching to try to get info on our picks and was pissed when they didn't say anything about them.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Weak ESPN Coverage

"ksvikesfan" wrote:
    Hey at least Denny Green wasn't on there this year. He really annoyed the crap out of me last year.
    Denny was on........
    I also think ESPN could improve on their draft coverage. I was sick of hearing about Eli Manning......he deserved all those boos he got at the start of the draft. He will be a bust, mark my words.
    Also, I AM SICK OF SEEING MIKE IRVIN ON ESPN!!!!!!!! The guy knows nothing about football! He should just go home and take his crack. I'm sick of him being on ESPN..........go CBS!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Weak ESPN Coverage

What exactly did they say about our pick of Udeze? you would think they would be congragulating us . Personally I don't think we get much credit for our drafting, everyone seems to think that if you trade away your life for first round selections, that you had a good draft, ie: Detroit or NY this year, or Baltimore last year.

Hey look they got 2 good players! Uh yah, but what about next year? It isn't like detroit is going to win it all this year. Their D still blows.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast