Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Won

fanfrom69 is offline Training Camp

We Won

We won. Go Vikes... a few observations...
    Our offense is awsome... but like last year...,
    1. we're negating a whole lot with fumbles and penalties- especially penalties(we gotta be headed for a record this early in the year)

2. Defence is still bad- like last year, the year before and so on... Grossman and co. lit us up those last two drives

We're a 1/4 into the year almost and 3 QB's have had great games against us... last Ilooked we were back to @ 28th in the league on D.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

We Won

at least collins foesnt play us this year. i am not happy so far but 2-1 is a good start, we just need more discipline and should have blown out chicago w/o Urlacher, Mike Brown, and some other CB.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We Won

But the D is young. Just hope that it matures as the season goes along. If not, you can be sure that the D will be better for next year (but that is looking too far ahead). I would prefer the former, so the Vikes can go deep into the playoffs and maybe even surprise everyone by winning it all. GO VIKES!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

We Won

the bears played a very good game and were on the crap end of some calls or this game could have been different
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

We Won

we did not have e.j and claiborne so they were a little banged up
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

We Won

That may be true, dart, but the same could be true re: the Monday nite game vs. the Iggles. I don't know if I wouldn't prefer to be able to swap the Bears win with the Iggles loss. We would still be 2-1 (and in first in the division), but we wouldn't have lost to McCrab. Wishful thinking.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

We Won

I'd rather have the Bears win. This game was more important. If we had lost today but beaten the Eagles, Chicago would be 2-1 in the division. We need to win these divisional games.

As far as the defense I did not see the game today but I watched the tapes from the last two games and it seems to me that the youth and inexperience of these guys really shows when they play against the WCO or short passing game. Our guys have done a poor job covering the TE or the RB when he goes out for a short pass. In the Eagles game, I noticed many times when LJ Smith or Brian Westbrook would run a short route to the middle and were wide open. Looking at the stats from today it would seem the same thing happened with THomas Jones...5 catches for 50 yards, like I say I didn't see the game but seems like coverage of Jones was probably piss poor when he went out for a pass.

So that seems like one of our biggest problems on defense right now and it will continue to be a problem until these young guys get more experience, and Cottrell needs to speed up that process.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

We Won

True sd. I let my dislike for McCrab, T-Ho and the rest of the Iggles blind me to the divisional record consequence. My bad. GO VIKES!!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

We Won

Tice needs to start to fine players for fumbling the ball....

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

We Won

Tice need to get this team to play with thier heads 12 penalities are way to much and if the Vikings keep playing thie poorly they will not make the play-offs in any way shape or form! As for leadership so far I only see Moss doing that. I really liked the way he got in that Bears face for the cheap shot late in the game!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast