Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We are winning the superbowl this year boys!

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    ..."I have never lost a game because of one player. I have never won because of one player either."...
    There should be a three-strike rule on pp.o.
    If you get three strikes for excessive man-love for someone or man-hate for someone and blame everything on them regarding a loss or give them all the credit for a win you get a strike.
    Once you get three strikes Webby pays a visit to your home with a tatoo guy and they tatoo that quote in a mirror image on your forehead.
    Every time you look in the mirror the rest of your life you are reminded that this is a team game.
    Man law.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    ..."I have never lost a game because of one player. I have never won because of one player either."...
    There should be a three-strike rule on pp.o.
    If you get three strikes for excessive man-love for someone or man-hate for someone and blame everything on them regarding a loss or give them all the credit for a win you get a strike.
    Once you get three strikes Webby pays a visit to your home with a tatoo guy and they tatoo that quote in a mirror image on your forehead.
    Every time you look in the mirror the rest of your life you are reminded that this is a team game.
    Man law.
    he would have to make a lot of visits because of smoot.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"laujesse" wrote:
    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    He had three starts last year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133400
    In case you just moved here from WI and didn’t notice, he has been starting here for YEARS.
    Games Played
    Year Team G GS
    1999 New York Giants 9 7
    2000 New York Giants 8 2
    2001 New York Giants 7 0
    2002 New York Giants 16 16
    2003 Minnesota Vikings 16 16
    2004 Minnesota Vikings 2 2
    2005 Minnesota Vikings 16 12
    2006 Minnesota Vikings 15 3
    TOTAL
    89 58

So - "FOR YEARS" means 33 starts out of 64 (52%) possible regular season games over 4 seasons?

I don't have a problem with anyone who is happy or sad over any particular personnel move made by the Vikes - but it is nice when things are kept in perspective.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"laujesse" wrote:
    My signature sayes it all.
    Rosenthal is finally gone.

For years I have watched this CFL washout start for my team. Over the course of his tenure here he single handedly lost about 5 games for us. That is hard to do from the RT position but he did it. If he had a bad game watch out because whoever he is playing against turns into Reggie White for a day.

I was so happy last year when Tice got fired (I liked Tice) because I knew his pet project Rosenthal would not be far behind him. It took alot longer than I expected but the day is finally here.

Thats it!

This year we win it all!

My 29 years of disapointment are over, and now, in 10 years from now I can be living in the past like a mid 90's Packer fan.
    I take this post for it's intent of a little sarcasm and humor. I'm surprised by the response.

I'm not sorry to see Rosie go, but find it ironic that he was the only right tackle that played worth a crap for us last year!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:

For years I have watched this CFL washout start for my team. Over the course of his tenure here he single handedly lost about 5 games for us. That is hard to do from the RT position but he did it. If he had a bad game watch out because whoever he is playing against turns into Reggie White for a day.

I was so happy last year when Tice got fired (I liked Tice) because I knew his pet project Rosenthal would not be far behind him. It took alot longer than I expected but the day is finally here.

Thats it!

This year we win it all!

My 29 years of disapointment are over, and now, in 10 years from now I can be living in the past like a mid 90's Packer fan.
    I take this post for it's intent of a little sarcasm and humor. I'm surprised by the response.

I'm not sorry to see Rosie go, but find it ironic that he was the only right tackle that played worth a crap for us last year!
    Thank God someone besides me was paying attention to Rosies play this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:

In case you just moved here from WI and didn’t notice, he has been starting here for YEARS.
    Games Played
    Year Team G GS
    1999 New York Giants 9 7
    2000 New York Giants 8 2
    2001 New York Giants 7 0
    TOTAL

89 58

So - "FOR YEARS" means 33 starts out of 64 (52%) possible regular season games over 4 seasons?

I don't have a problem with anyone who is happy or sad over any particular personnel move made by the Vikes - but it is nice when things are kept in perspective.

=Z=
    Just for the record, I gave up debating with this guy "laujesse". That's why I haven't responded to his drivel. I'd rather thrash my head with a blunt object.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:

Games Played
    Year Team G GS
    1999 New York Giants 9 7
    2000 New York Giants 8 2
    2001 New York Giants 7 0
    TOTAL

89 58

=Z=
    Just for the record, I gave up debating with this guy "laujesse". That's why I haven't responded to his drivel. [b[I'd rather thrash my head with a blunt object.[/b]
    here you go

[img width=150 height=113]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:F1z4AWezeebyCM:http://www.coosbayfirefightersmemorial.com/images/Brick.JPG[/img]

Come on guys. At least it was a positive thread. Cut the guy some slack, I too believe we're gonna take it all the way next year. Just gotta think positive and it will happen ;D

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Take a chill pill, this thread isn't meant to be serious. TP is just joking around. Unless of course, jokes aren't tolerated =)
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

vIker44 is offline Rookie

"laujesse" wrote:

Thats it!

This year we win it all!

Great news, Plus even better we improved the team by cutting Smoot da Poot... Super Bowl for sho now.....
    Rosey, Big Bad Brad, and Smoot da Poot GREAT improvement of the Vikings team by subtraction!!!!!

No love lost with Brad, he got his chance so no whining either way....

Smoot da Poot???
    Well let's just say the Vikings have had their fair share of the WorLd uV the BeeZar the past several years and Poot was one of the strangest....
    Normally good judges of talent, for some reason people put blinders on concerning this outright trash talking PUNK....
    Good freakin' riddance, and pleez DO let de door hit cha where dee good Lord split cha!!!!
    Other than the rare lucky play, Smoot outright sucked as a supposed "cover" corner, was weak, injury prone, and a whimp when it came to uhhh tackling....
    Buh Bye, I won't cry.......
    it's tarv time............

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast