Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    alberta_vike is offline Starter

Re: We Will Still Make the Playoffs

ABSOLUTLEY NOT, OUR DEFENSE GOT EXPOSED TONIGHT FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. GOOD LINE, BAD LINEBACKERS, AND A HORRIBLE SECONDARY MAN I NEVER SEEN A SECONDARY THAT IS SO BAD AT COVERING PEOPLE. ALL TEAMS HAVE TO DO IS PUT THE QB IN THE SHOTGUN AND PICK APART OUR SECONDARY. ALL WE HAD WAS OUR DEFENSE AND NOW? OH AND BRAD JOHNSON IS NOT AN ACCURATE PASSER I DONT CARE WHAT HIS COMP PERC. IS. HIS PASSES ARE ALWAYS
    BEHIND OR UNDER THROWN AND EVERY TIME HE THROWS DEEP HE OVER THROWS THE RECIEVER BY 5 YARDS. OUR SEVENTH RANKED DEFENSE WILL BE IN THE 20S BY THE END OF THE SEASON. Angry
    I personally thought the line was the worst part of the defense in this game. Even though it was obvious they were throwing most of the time there was no pass rush whatsoever. I don't think the DBs and LBs played that bad, but if you give a QB like Brady that much time in the pocket, he will pick anybody apart.

Hopefully Brad remembers how to be a QB between then and now.

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Hopefully the NFC will turn into the "Not for Contenders" conference a la 2004.
    :-
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

TRAMBIA is offline Waterboy

not bad? i would say 4 touchdowns and 372 yards passing is pretty bad. i know our
    line didnt get the pressure. the pats have good protecting line, but the secondary has to really improve for them to have a chance.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"alberta_vike" wrote:
    ABSOLUTLEY NOT, OUR DEFENSE GOT EXPOSED TONIGHT FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. GOOD LINE, BAD LINEBACKERS, AND A HORRIBLE SECONDARY MAN I NEVER SEEN A SECONDARY THAT IS SO BAD AT COVERING PEOPLE. ALL TEAMS HAVE TO DO IS PUT THE QB IN THE SHOTGUN AND PICK APART OUR SECONDARY. ALL WE HAD WAS OUR DEFENSE AND NOW? OH AND BRAD JOHNSON IS NOT AN ACCURATE PASSER I DONT CARE WHAT HIS COMP PERC. IS. HIS PASSES ARE ALWAYS
    BEHIND OR UNDER THROWN AND EVERY TIME HE THROWS DEEP HE OVER THROWS THE RECIEVER BY 5 YARDS. OUR SEVENTH RANKED DEFENSE WILL BE IN THE 20S BY THE END OF THE SEASON. Angry
    I personally thought the line was the worst part of the defense in this game. Even though it was obvious they were throwing most of the time there was no pass rush whatsoever. I don't think the DBs and LBs played that bad, but if you give a QB like Brady that much time in the pocket, he will pick anybody apart.
    Spread it 5 WR and he found the magic mix.
    Bellicheck is a genius at it.
    We will adjust.
    But there are other folks not holding their new baby right now that can explain to you why the 5 WR set was so effective for NE, and why we weren't positioned to counter it.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    I'm going to say no..

If we did it would be wildcard.. I think Cowboys Giants Panthers or Eagles will nab those spots up

One Love
    DUDE...have you seen the Eagles and Panthers play lately...they SUCK!!!

AND their schedules are MUCH HARDER than ours down the stretch...I don't see more than one team coming out of the NFC East or West...and only two teams out of the South...that leaves one wild card spot left coming out of the North and since it looks like the BORES will probably win the division (ugh...but that's life), we will end up with the other wild card spot if we win all of the games that we are SUPPOSED to win!

That is the simple formula...beat the teams that we are SUPPOSED to beat...THEN worry about who we are playing in the playoffs.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    That is the simple formula...beat the teams that we are SUPPOSED to beat...THEN worry about who we are playing in the playoffs.
    The problem is, without an effective offense, we may have trouble doing that...

Caine

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Let's face it, I'm pretty sure Minnesota isn't going to the Super Bowl this year. I mean I love the Vikings and all there fans, but this year probobly isn't the year. I mean look at the teams who are favored for a Super Bowl victory. Colts, Bears,Broncos. I don't think Minnesota has the power to beat such a high caliber team.

I think we should put in Tarvaris Jackson so that he can get the feel of a real NFL game. Not a fake pre-season one.

It's got to be on most of our minds.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

well its definitly in there somewhere. after watching the game last night i cant seem to believe that that was really brad johnson ou there. he lokked incredibly crappy with some of the worst desicions ive ever seen made. remind me again why hes our qb....oh thats right because he can manage the game. well he didnt do to hot a job last night.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan787" wrote:
    Let's face it, I'm pretty sure Minnesota isn't going to the Super Bowl this year. I mean I love the Vikings and all there fans, but this year probobly isn't the year. I mean look at the teams who are favored for a Super Bowl victory. Colts, Bears,Broncos. I don't think Minnesota has the power to beat such a high caliber team.

I think we should put in Tarvaris Jackson so that he can get the feel of a real NFL game. Not a fake pre-season one.

It's got to be on most of our minds.
    I think you are wrong.

We might not be going to the superbowl this year, but that shouldn't be the first goal either.

We have to focus on competing for a playoff spot. The tough thing is to get in there, then anything can happen.

And we are far from eliminated from the playoff picture yet. But putting in Tarvaris at this point would be like giving up the season IMO

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast