Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

We were ready, the Vikes were not.

They shot themselves in the foot. Three tries into the endzone and on fourth and one they don't go for it, Culpepper fumbles inches from the endzone, Birk gets called for a holding penalty when Culpepper runs into the endzone, no challenge on the Owens touchdown, and multiple penalties to top it off. I so want to blame the conservative playcalling on the part of Tice and Linehan yet even though they didn't go deep to any of their recievers, they still moved the ball well. I'll always and forever back the Vikings but what a disappointment.

It's still early in the season however, and this is just a learning experience. Can't win every game, unless you're the Dolphins.

Vikes 1-1
    Bears 1-1
    Packers 1-1
    The Lions 2-0, SAY WHAT?

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

I really don't think that the Vikes not going deep had much to do with conservative play calling. Daunte rarely had enough time to complete the short passes, let alone any long ones. The offensive line deserves alot of the blame for the loss, although nobody on the team played very well in my opinion.

Shot ourself in the foot, Crappy line and those refs were horrible. I'm so pissed off right now, i cant even explain it

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"Claiborne55" wrote:
    I really don't think that the Vikes not going deep had much to do with conservative play calling. Daunte rarely had enough time to complete the short passes, let alone any long ones. The offensive line deserves alot of the blame for the loss, although nobody on the team played very well in my opinion.
    Exactly. We would have seen more deep throws with better pass protection.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Again, without the miscues and phantom call on Winfield, the Vikes probably win. That call certainly changed the complexion of the game. I think the refs were intimidated by the Philly crowd.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

I agree that the pass protection was horrible, I can't put all the blame on the refs though. They did make some awful calls but the Vikings had several chance to overcome those calls and failed to do so. They played a very good team on their home field, take the loss and move on with a valuable lesson learned.

At least we didn't lose to the Bears.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

loosing Rosenthal (sp) really hurt our pass protection. Bottom line is they gave us every chance to win this game but we just pissed our oppertunities down our leg. We could be 2-0 but we are 1-1 and have a big game against the Bears next week.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Where in CA are you at SoCal? I used to live in Ventura some years ago. Back when the 'Boys (ugh) first practiced in TO and the Raiders (ugh) practiced in Oxnard over at the Radisson or something.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Where in CA are you at SoCal? I used to live in Ventura some years ago. Back when the 'Boys (ugh) first practiced in TO and the Raiders (ugh) practiced in Oxnard over at the Radisson or something.
    I've lived all over so-cal, currently I'm in the area.

Cool, I have not been back there since 1997 (specifically in El Segundo) but I sure do miss all of my LA fast food restaurants (In-N-Out, El Pollo Loco, Fatburger, Tommy's, even Pink's). Just thinking of those places makes me hungry...likes the Vikes better be next week when they play the Bears or us Viking fans will be getting a huge dose of what we served up to the Puker fans this past week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast