Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Are We Turning The Corner

What does everyone think??? Are we finally turning the corner ..... a good team on the rise.
    Week 14 Rankings
    1. New York Giants - Could Plaxico play for Giants again? Sure, but it’d be a shot in the dark.
    2. Tennessee Titans - Titans can clinch division and beat up Browns in the process.
    3. Indianapolis Colts - Don’t confuse playing Cover-2 with covering the spread.
    4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bucs dominated Carolina at home earlier in season.
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers - No sloppy seconds here: Heinz Field voted league’s worst playing surface.
    6. Dallas Cowboys - Wonder if Tony Romo thinks what Sean Avery actually says about his exes?
    7. Carolina Panthers - Teams in NFC South are something like 22-2 at home (info provided for recreational use only).
    8. Baltimore Ravens - Football’s Beltway Battle has a little more cachet than, say, Orioles-Nationals.
    9. New York Jets - Will the other side of Bay Area be as unkind as last visit?
    10. Minnesota Vikings - Federal judge’s ruling returns 700 pounds of beef to defensive line.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Are We Turning The Corner

Our last 6 wins have come against teams who have only won 6, 0, 5, 5, 4 & 6 wins respectively. Two .500 teams, 3 sub .500 teams & 1 team still looking for their first win.

Of our 5 loses, we split with GB & Chicago & have lost to teams who have won 8, 11 & 9 wins respectively.

Beating teams that are .500 or worse hardly constitutes "turning the corner".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Our last 6 wins have come against teams who have only won 6, 0, 5, 5, 4 & 6 wins respectively. Two .500 teams, 3 sub .500 teams & 1 team still looking for their first win.

Of our 5 loses, we split with GB & Chicago & have lost to teams who have won 8, 11 & 9 wins respectively.

Boy you are negative lately. We will see what we are made of in the next 4 weeks.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Well considering we could have won each and every one of our games and we are now winning these ones I would say yes

I don't care about the schedule.. We also lost to some bad teams and beat some decent or good ones

We will see what happens from now on.. I look one week a time

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I'm just afraid that we are peaking to soon. It sounds stupid but we could get into a slump after winning 7 out of last 10. We'll see what happens next, we beat the Lions today we are one step closer to the playoffs. We shouldn't be thinking easy.

I agree with Singer, we beat some mediocre teams but those are games you also have to win. It's the NFL where anybody could win from anybody.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"thorshammer" wrote:
    What does everyone think??? Are we finally turning the corner ..... a good team on the rise.
    Week 14 Rankings
    1. New York Giants - Could Plaxico play for Giants again? Sure, but it’d be a shot in the dark.
    2. Tennessee Titans - Titans can clinch division and beat up Browns in the process.
    3. Indianapolis Colts - Don’t confuse playing Cover-2 with covering the spread.
    4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bucs dominated Carolina at home earlier in season.
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers - No sloppy seconds here: Heinz Field voted league’s worst playing surface.
    6. Dallas Cowboys - Wonder if Tony Romo thinks what Sean Avery actually says about his exes?
    7. Carolina Panthers - Teams in NFC South are something like 22-2 at home (info provided for recreational use only).
    8. Baltimore Ravens - Football’s Beltway Battle has a little more cachet than, say, Orioles-Nationals.
    9. New York Jets - Will the other side of Bay Area be as unkind as last visit?
    10. Minnesota Vikings - Federal judge’s ruling returns 700 pounds of beef to defensive line.

Quite possibly.
    But just remember, this team could also get shoved back around that same corner in a heart beat.
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

If we beat a team the 3rd game of the season or whatever, we should look at their record at that time. We have no control over what the opponents record is now, only what it was when we played them.

At the same time, we'll never know what 'could have been' if gus had started all season, so why dwell on it.

To answer your question, i think we are looking at the mirror at the corner, so as not to run into someone coming the other way i.e today that team is detroit. Put the hammer down, hope for the best.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

We will find out just how bad this team wants it these last four games, from coming through adversity to how well the coaching staff gives these guys the best chance to win. We are starting to play better and I believe we galvanize as a team and have a 3-1 finish to this season.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

Boy you are negative lately. We will see what we are made of in the next 4 weeks.
    It's not being negative, it's looking at things from a realistic point of view.

Our defense might be playing quite well, but our offense is no where near the caliber it needs to be to contend with some of the better teams in the league.

I'm not going to kid myself & think this is a great team because we beat some mediocre/poor teams. IMO the best victory we had all year was the Carolina game. When we can beat teams of that caliber more often than not, then we might be of playoff caliber.

A good passing team is going to pick our LB corp apart. It is our weak link on defense. Both Tennessee & Tampa Bay did it.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

We will find out just how bad this team wants it these last four games, from coming through adversity to how well the coaching staff gives these guys the best chance to win. We are starting to play better and I believe we galvanize as a team and have a 3-1 finish to this season.
    2-2 is a more likely scenario IMO.

Cardinals are 7-5, but are atop a weak division.

Atlanta is 8-4, but are from a strong division.

IMO, we will lose 1 of the above two games & to the Giants if they play their starters and are they playing to win & have something to play for. If they play their starters & are taking it easy in a meaningless game just to keep them in shape for the playoffs or they rest many of their starters in a meaningless game, that would be the chance we would have to beat them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast