Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are we a "tough" team ?

Hard to question Coughlin's philosophy. We have some tough guys on our team...EJ, JA, Hutch, AD. But until we win a meaningful game in Dec, or God forbid Jan, we are not tough enough.

When it gets to the end of a long hard season, and you gotta dig down deep into your gut and outplay another team that's gunning for the same goal, toughness really does come into play...and the results show that usually the toughest team will win, because at that point in the season the talent levels are fairly even.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

We will soon find out.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Just wondering about that Vanilla ice video. Do you think that those dancers sleep in separate beds ?

Try to take a rack of ribs from Phat Pat when he's in a feeding frenzy and you will get your answer.
    Nicely played, oh wise one.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think you have to be a tough team in order to lead the league in rush Offense and Defense. With the guys we already had on defense plus Jared Allen its downright vicous. Brad Childress is all about tough teams, Mike Tomlin will tell you same thing. I don't think you have to look far to find hard nosed football players on our roster. Offensivly we have great blocking TE's and we're deep at FB. I think once Bryant McKinnie is back enter John Sullivan we really start seeing results.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

When you lead the league in rushing yards, and stopping the rush, I'd say we're pretty tough and are going to wear down opposing teams. Maulers like Herrera, Kleinsasser, Hutch, and on D we got Kevin and Pat, EJ, Winfield... I mean I could go on, but ya'll get my point. It all starts in the trenches and we have been dominant there these last few season's, and under Chilli's watch I look for that hardnosed style to continue.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

bchill said from day 1.. it all starts in the trenches..

if you don't think we're tuff.. ask any nfc linemen O or D.. we hvae some big guys who like to get mean!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

tough teams run the ball and stop the run, and for the last two seasons no one has done that better than we have. No one is going to come out and call us a finese team. We have corners and backers that like to hit. We have a defensive line thats basically telling the world to expect 50+ sacks, and we have a running back that ran people over in College for fun. Our Offensive line loves to run block... they love to run people over, contrary to the Olines that like to stand up and try and block for the 3-5 seconds it takes to get rid of the ball.

PurplePowerPunch is offline Pro-Bowler

When u lead the league in Rushing, and against the Rush. U r a tough football team! No one does it likes the Vikes baby!!!

ALL DAY!!!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Not yet, but we will gain that reputation as the season wears on.

I think we may lose a few to start the season off... but as long as we finish strong and play tough, I have no worries (other than offensive playcalling).

I still can't believe Childress cut Martin Nance... I'm so glad we still have wade and ferguson.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast