Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We SUCK

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: "Official Post Game Thread"

"DesertPurple" wrote:
    "Justin311" wrote:
    In the saints game there at least 3-4 designed running plays for Daunte and a few more that he scrambled on once he felt pressure. Were there any plays for daunte today? Is it because Daunte wants to prove something or is it because the coaching staff doens't want him to run.
    I alluded to this in a thread that was summarily executed by the webmaster....so I don't wish to rewrite it now....but I believe this to be a big part of DC's problem...whether it is because he has been forbidden from scramble-passing or has lost a step, teams no longer have to "spy" on him and that allows for more downfield coverage. AND...DC is a very ordinary pocket QB IMHO. Non-mobile QBs have made considerable bread and butter over the years because they know how to time their moves in a collapsing pocket....Brady, Brad Johnson, Bledsoe (in his prime), Warner (in his prime) come to mind. But DC...if he is destined for pocket passing has a LOT to learn!
    Don't pick a fight, DP. I didn't execute anything of yours.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Official Post Game Thread"

-ugh, this is gonna be ugly.

Articnv is offline Coach

A wb is not running when he should be

B the offinive calling on thrid downs. You now there goingf tp blitz run a draw

C the defsinse couldnt stop the run

D were was teh blitz????

E why wasnt there LB shadpowing the QB?

F we need to take out the rookie on the offinsive line.

G Coaching - as much as i hate to say it but we need a new staff

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"webmaster" wrote:
    "DesertPurple" wrote:
    "Justin311" wrote:
    In the saints game there at least 3-4 designed running plays for Daunte and a few more that he scrambled on once he felt pressure. Were there any plays for daunte today? Is it because Daunte wants to prove something or is it because the coaching staff doens't want him to run.
    I alluded to this in a thread that was summarily executed by the webmaster....so I don't wish to rewrite it now....but I believe this to be a big part of DC's problem...whether it is because he has been forbidden from scramble-passing or has lost a step, teams no longer have to "spy" on him and that allows for more downfield coverage. AND...DC is a very ordinary pocket QB IMHO. Non-mobile QBs have made considerable bread and butter over the years because they know how to time their moves in a collapsing pocket....Brady, Brad Johnson, Bledsoe (in his prime), Warner (in his prime) come to mind. But DC...if he is destined for pocket passing has a LOT to learn!
    If it was anybody, it was me. Do not remember executing any of your threads. Relax.

Rookie444 is offline Starter

what do we need to do to get rid of tice and better play calling?????????? im tired of seeing draws and screens when we are so far behind. and what is up with this crap not throwing the ball further than 10 yds???? and if culpepper doesnt produce, he needs to ride the damn bench!!!!!! i know we have a lot of injuries to our d, but we shouldve played a lot better; especially with vick out. this was horrible!!!! i expect to see a new coach at our next game...chicago??

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Well we played a real bad game. Offense couldnt do a thing and defense couldnt stop a thing.

On the positive side though we did drive the ball pretty good in the end there, I really like the way Troy got involved.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Problems with the game.

A. Daunte, Daunte, Daunte. Taking way too much time in the pocket even when the O-line does protect.. which leads me to my next point.

B. O-line... Very bad performance. Did well a few times but then Daunte screwed up. We need a real spark there. I saw that Fowler was in a bit but he didn't do much.

C. D-line- What happened to the D-line that we thought was so good? It was very bad today against two good running QB's and two good RB's.

D. Injuries- We are injured at almost every position. Sad that this has to happen again.

E. LB Spy/shadow- We had Pat Williams and Darrion Scott on the shadow of Vick. We needed to have EJ doing that not someone who ways 350 lbs.

F. Coaching- Coaching was horrible. Offensive, defensive... both disgusting. hard to watch.

G. Wide Recievers- Other than Troy, none of them are getting open well... Plus we don't have nate.

Man we need a spark EVERYWHERE. I keep saying this... I actually think we need a fire rather than a spark.. a forest fire... *sigh*

the only way we drived the ball is because atl just quit playing. im glad troy got the plays and td (nice one at that), but we need to play more than 5 damn minutes. its sad if our two best players right now are kickers.

we need to trade rosenthal. im tired of hearing his damn # every game for a stupid penalty.

Not intending to....but I got irritated after composing a thoughtful post, posting it, and having the thread suddenly disappear! (((((((
    Randomness: Exhibiting faith in Purple Chaos Theory!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast