NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: We should trade for Deangelo Hall

"douginc" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Yeah, god forbid we get a talented player with a little 'attitude'. Moss and his 'attitude' are going to help the patsies to a 16-0 season and SB win. I prefer the lackluster, sub par,
    non talented players childress is so fond of.
    Cheers to that. I am so sick of that angle.
    It seems to me, Childress's worse crime is that he suffers from some sort of superiority complex and will promote players who placate to his ego.
    Marcus Robinson questioned the ability and wisdom of Childress's plan, and our leading receiver was cut on Christmas Eve.
    Jeff Dugan stays on the team.
    Artis Hicks comes over from the Eagles and nearly immediately lands the starting job.
    Then, Brooks Bollinger comes over, who has personal ties to Childress.
    Last year, it was Mike McMahon who spent time with BC with the Eagles.
    Then it was Drew Henson, who had personal ties to the Childress family.
    You cannot run a football team with your best friends.
    You simply cannot.

So, I highly doubt the Vikings will trade for Deaangelo Hall, even though the move would make a hell of a lot of sense.
    He could possibly be had for a third or second round pick.
    It's very doubtful you'll find that kind of talent, especially ready to play talent, in the second or third round - the odds just aren't there.
    We have the cap room, a veteran and respectable mentor in Antoine who very well could keep D Hall in check (like Carter did to Moss), and we would be massively improved on pass coverage.
    So, it's logical, worth the risk, but goes against Childress's policy of bringing in players who might question his authority.
    He does not want anyone to expose him for the intellectual fraud he is.
    I am going to throw the kaka del rio flag out here on the three points bolded above.

1) What on earth does any of that have to do with a superiority complex or any kind of ego?
    Marcus Robinson didn't "question the wisdom" to anything.
    He skipped practices by saying he was injured, and then bitched and moaned when he couldn't play in the game as a result.
    You want to see someone who truly questioned Childress's plan? Look at Winfield.
    He professionally made some of his complaints known, and a lot of what he said was taken to heart by Childress.
    Instead of bitching and whining about it and playing the victim, he effected change.
    Robinson btw only averaged 38.1 yards per game last year.
    Four games in and Wade is already doing better.

2) Why would this move make sense?
    CB is not our weak spot.
    QB and OT are.

3) Hall was a first round draft pick in 2004, and he has lived up to the pick in terms of ability.
    Why in the hell do you think the Falcons would trade him for a "third or second round pick".
    We would have to give up a lot more than that to bring him.
    And even if it was just a second round pick, we have been pretty gol 'darnit good with our second round picks lately.
    Especially when you consider the fact that with or without Hall we will likely be a high draft pick in 2008.
    Robinson seemed to be the only player catching touchdowns.
    Sure, I agree, Marcus had a bad attitude, perhaps he didn't even deserve a spot on the team, but he was at least worthy of a roster spot until the end of the year.
    Corner is still a weak spot.
    Whether or not you think Griffin is a highly talented corner, the depth and improvement would still be extremely helpful.
    Should Griffin or McCaulley be injured at any time, then a lot of people would be very worried about our CB positions.
    No one is going to trade a talented QB or O-lineman, but true, those are much weaker spots, and I would love to obtain either over CB.
    However, here is an opportunity to have two amazing corners next to one another.
    It'd be the Pat/Kevin Williams duo of the backfield.

The reason D Hall might be given up for cheap is other teams may be worried about his attitude.
    Plus, according to the reports from ProFootballTalk, D Hall was physically attacked in the locker room by his fellow teammates.
    If that were true, there's no way he would be willing to give his all to his team.
    There would be a trememdous rift in the lockerroom.

And, in my opinion, B Childress does suffer from a complex and does want to surround himself with his supporters.
    OK, I am with you on your first two points.
    I didn't like the timing of the Robinson cut either, and you are right in that Atlanta might be willing to unload him for cheap given the circumstances.

You still lose me on the ego point.
    I just don't see Childress doing anything different than any other coach.
    Coaches will always bring in people that they are familiar with, it has nothing to do with ego.
    You can question his evaluation of talent at certain positions, but I just really don't see any evidence that it is done because of some kind of superiority complex.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

douginc is offline Starter

"Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Yeah, god forbid we get a talented player with a little 'attitude'. Moss and his 'attitude' are going to help the patsies to a 16-0 season and SB win. I prefer the lackluster, sub par,
    Randy's attitude was so good in Oakland that they ended up with the #1 pick.
    Do you think that Randy would be playing at a high level if he were struggling along with this offense?

=Z=
    I'm not a Moss apologist.
    I'm really not.
    I'm a bad coach apologist.
    I apologize to players who have to deal with terrible coaching.

My condolenses to Moss of the last two years, and especially to Ladanian Tomlinson of this year.
    Norv Turner destroyed both offenses, Oakland and now San Diego.
    The year before, it was Art Shell.
    I don't think He-Man and Superman could have success in their systems.
    I don't think anyone is going to say LT is a bad character person, or all of a sudden is terrible this year.
    It's clearly the Norv that's destroyed that offense, the same one that couldn't score with 2 terrific WR in Moss and Porter in Oakland.
    Before that, it was Art Shell, who looks like he wandered out of an old person's home in bunny slippers looking for his lost dog.

But, I agree, is Moss were struggling, he very well might not overcome it, but rather complain.
    But you could see why.
    If you were terrific at your job and your boss had absolutely no clue what he's doing, you'd be extremely frustrated as well.
    But, true character is shutting your mouth and doing what you can (see Cris Carter).

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"douginc" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    Randy's attitude was so good in Oakland that they ended up with the #1 pick.
    Do you think that Randy would be playing at a high level if he were struggling along with this offense?

=Z=
    I'm not a Moss apologist.
    I'm really not.
    I'm a bad coach apologist.
    I apologize to players who have to deal with terrible coaching.

My condolenses to Moss of the last two years, and especially to Ladanian Tomlinson of this year.
    Norv Turner destroyed both offenses, Oakland and now San Diego.
    The year before, it was Art Shell.
    I don't think He-Man and Superman could have success in their systems.
    I don't think anyone is going to say LT is a bad character person, or all of a sudden is terrible this year.
    It's clearly the Norv that's destroyed that offense, the same one that could score with 2 terrific WR in Moss and Porter in Oakland.
    Before that, it was Art Shell, who looks like he wandered out of an old person's home in bunny slippers looking for his lost dog.

But, I agree, is Moss were struggling, he very well might not overcome it, but rather complain.
    But you could see why.
    If you were terrific at your job and your boss had absolutely no clue what he's doing, you'd be extremely frustrated as well.
    Everyone who is good at what they do thinks their boss has no clue at some point, regardless of how much truth is in it.
    What separates good employees or players
    fro the bad ones isn't just their ability, but also how they deal with situations like that.
    I refer back to my earlier post about Winfield for an example of a good player addressing the situation.
    Moss would not have addressed it that way.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Fumble return for a TD. Wouldn't mind him being opposite Winfield. He will be expensive when he hits free agency.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567