Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Re: We should trade for Deangelo Hall

"V" wrote:
    This would be a horrible idea.
    Vhy vould it be V?
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"V" wrote:
    Agreed.

Look at this year's draft, four eventual starters and major contributors in year one.
    Why would we give up at least one day one pick (more than likely two), especially how high we are going to be picking.
    Also, McCauley and Griffin can play, they certainly are not Hall...however, they can play; they are young.
    For all of the, "give TJack time" sentiment, this makes absolutley no sense.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Agreed.

Look at this year's draft, four eventual starters and major contributors in year one.
    Why would we give up at least one day one pick (more than likely two), especially how high we are going to be picking.
    Also, McCauley and Griffin can play, they certainly are not Hall...however, they can play; they are young.
    Hall is 23 or 24?
    Winfield is 30+
    Hall an winfield will be great for 2 more years.
    After that transition hall and the better of the 2 CBs...

There is plenty of time to learn since teams love to go 4 wide on us and dink and dunk. Imagine if we had to face cincinnati this year....

"MaxVike" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Agreed.

I get what you're saying but Hall is a special talent. Speaking of young, he's only what...23? McCauley can still take over as the starter in 3 years when Winfield is gone. As for Griffin, lets start of by making him shed all the fat he gained in the offseason and see where to go from there.

Hall would certainly be an upgrade in terms of talent, but I don't think it would be worth it for us.
    First, we're primarily a zone team.
    I doubt he'd be happy in that role.
    That brings us to number two, that he has problems with his ego/mouth/brain.
    I don't know that he fits with the team attitude we're trying to develop.
    Third, he's got two years left on his rookie contract.
    Even if we could get him here, as soon as he became a free agent he would go somewhere else for a ton of money.

With talented players you're always willing to take some risks.
    But the cost here would almost certainly be too much for what we'd get.

Also, unless they're just posturing, the Falcons have said that they will NOT trade him this year.
    With only a few weeks to get anything done, I don't think anyone is going to offer anything to change their minds.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    Hall would certainly be an upgrade in terms of talent, but I don't think it would be worth it for us.
    Even if we could get him here, as soon as he became a free agent he would go somewhere else for a ton of money.

Also, unless they're just posturing, the Falcons have said that they will NOT trade him this year.
    With only a few weeks to get anything done, I don't think anyone is going to offer anything to change their minds.
    What makes you think he will leave. We off the right money and or franchise tag him... Other teams use it, why not us.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

NO!!
    HORRIBLE IDEA!

If we are going to trade for anyone it should be a Olineman and a WR.

The trade I would rather see is Chester Taylor and Dwight Smith plus a second day pick (maybe the extra one we got from Denver) for Levi Jones and TJ Houshmazolli.

This trade would make us instantly better on offense and we would have Doss or Tank step in and play safety for us, which is not too much of a loss of talent.
    Housh would also bring some passion to the offense, something that the Vikes really need.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"Overlord" wrote:

Other then the attitude, I don't see why not. Vikings most certianly would sign him to a new contract as soon as they traded for him (in other words, call him up and see if he'd mind MN).

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I honestly liked Dovonte Edwards myself.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

I still don't buy that our CB's are a problem or even a weakness. Sure, the younger ones will make mistakes from time to time, but when the opponent's QB has all freakin' day to throw on nearly every down, someone is bound to get open. The rush did pretty well against the Falcons, but seems to be regressing ever since.

We just aren't getting enough pressure on QB's, plain and simple. Even if every one of our DB's were probowlers it wouldn't prevent completions from a decent QB that feels no pressure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast