Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

We should focus on the safety position first in 2005

Look im a Va tech fan too, i say get Jimmy Williams.
    "The Minnesota Vikings select Antrell Rolle from Miami (FL)". I say we dont draft another RB this draft. Get Derrick Johnson.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Shaun Ellis and John Abraham are both FA's after the season, they are both unrestricted and they both get to the QB. Our week spot is Mixon, he's one dementional and has a problem with getting to the QB. Sign a FA DE who can get to the QB. It all starts up front, they get pressure fast everybody will benifit from it.

Chike Okeafer from the seahawks is also a beast.

Most of the LB's you mentioned are MLB's and we need OLB's. EJ will be in the middle. Witherspoon, Peterson and Polley would probably be the best fits. Hartwell may be able to play OLB. If we keep Claiborne who plays week side and left side, We would be looking at EJ, CC, fill in the blank. We got the money why let CC go. He's 26 years old, we have 30 million to spend, what is there to loose?

Most I mentioned are MLB's??? I mentioned 7 LB's and only McKinnon is a MLB. Hartwell and bell play inside in a 3-4, but could both very easily play outside in a 4-3. Polley, witherspoon, fields, and peterson are all great outside LB's and better than claiborne. Also I didn't mention larry foote, another good FA LB. He is another inside guy in the 3-4, that is better suited as a outside guy in a 4-3.

Fact is the LB spot has been the weakest part of our D all year long, tice has even said this. We have $30 million to spend, so why not upgrade our LB corp? Also, how much more will it actually cost to get one of the FA LB's I mentioned, then it would to resign CC? Probably not much. When was the last time CC played a whole season too? If bennett is injury prone, then CC is too.

Hey, I'd take john abraham or shaun rogers, but it seems more likely that we will go after a LB, since that has been the dissappointing spot on our D this year, according to tice. And since LB is the deepest position in FA this year, it would make sense too.

zeppelin4534 is offline Rookie

why dont we instead of paying huge numbers for julian peterson, why dont we get someone like david thornton or kendrell bell, we will still pay some good amount of money, but they are both great lb's and that leaves us with more space to get a db or safety? just a thought.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

It all starts with Red, the owner. If he would open the pockets and let the Vikes spend to the cap level, we could add premium players on defense. Not just one player like Winfield.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

zeppelin4534 is offline Rookie

its a shame that we are so far below the cap that we have a minimum that we have to spend, normally its wow, we need to cut some people to make room for another player. Red needs to wake up and spend money on more than one player.

john fleming is offline Training Camp

Listen..The Problem with the Vikes D is lack of leadershp & accountability....That starts with the head coach...He needs to be more of a hard Ass...#2..He then needs to hold his Defensive Coordinater accountable...#3..The defense needs a player to step up & lead...A player who will get in the face of another player for not performing...ie..Ray Lewis..Or...Reggie White!!! I seen an interview with Hovan on the NFL Channel & he was saying all the right things but you could just tell by his body language that he has no confidence & from what he was saying the entire defense has no confindence & when you watch them play they really have no clue!!!!! If i could have one wish..it would be that Red would go & get a free agent the likes of a ray lewis..spend the money & give him bonuses on how the entire defense performs...A real in your face, kick ass, love to hit mean son of a bitch WINNER!!!!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

uhm..... yeah thatd be great, but who is in the FA that is like that???

go vikes!!! :salute:

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"Viking_Spirit" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    Question: Why so many INT's last year and so little this year? Russell looked great last season. What? New defensive scheme? If so, hopefully next year we see big improvement.
    Answer: O'leary called agressive schemes. Cotrell's schemes are conservative.
    I agree. Chavous and Winfield are good. Our LB's suck. Another CB would be nice. Cottrell sucks major wang. End of story.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

yeah. if we blitz that will be the answer to ALOT of problems. and contrell can leave. i dont like tice but it seems hes going 2 be w/ us for another year. maybe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345