Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

We should focus on the safety position first in 2005

"vikes09" wrote:
    yeah marlin jackson has some wheels. he ran a 4.4/40. at safety he would be dominate, but i dont know if he would thrive at corner more.

i would love to see him in a vikes uniform and he would be a MAJOR asset to the d.

then go LB in the FA.

He will more than likely play CB with whoever drafts him, but I would like to see him try safety. I think he could be another ed reed back there at safety. I would still want the vikes to draft him, even if he is expected to play CB. Both he and brian williams could try at safety during training camp and preseason, and I know one of them would be a huge upgrade at safety over russell.

We need secondary help however we can get it.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

he would be a huge help. oooh thatd be so nice to have him. i would rather get a secondary in the draft (like marlin) than a LB. theres alot of good secondary players in the draft. in the FA (does nyone know where 2 find a website where it lists all the FA's???) get the top or a top LB.

"vikes09" wrote:
    he would be a huge help. oooh thatd be so nice to have him. i would rather get a secondary in the draft (like marlin) than a LB. theres alot of good secondary players in the draft. in the FA (does nyone know where 2 find a website where it lists all the FA's???) get the top or a top LB.

Yeah, we have enough young LB's, we need a younger FA LB, someone who has been in the league for 3 or 4 years and done well. The only LB I would want us to draft, is derrick johnson from texas. He is an absolute stud Lb and will be an immediate star at LB in the NFL and not a guy who will struggle for a year or 2.

I have been trying to find a site that has the 2005 FA's but have been unsuccessful thus far.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

If I remember correctly, Marlin Jackson struggled when the Wolverines switched him to safety. He is much better suited to play cornerback, and I think that is what he would rather do as well.

On a side note, we could get someone to replace Chavous and use him as a nickel back, because he wanted to remain at the corner and the Vikings coaches still put him at safety.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Letting Claiborne go would be a huge mistake UNLESS we signed Julian Peterson from the 49ers, and only if we got him. There is no other LB with a 3 or 4 year experience who has proved himself in the league, or has had a better carear than claborne. There's only maybe one or two guys that would be worth replacing claiborne.

Here's a site for FA's, lets you know restricted, unrestricted, and all that good stuff: http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/index.asp

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

thanx vikingstw, that site is great. clairborne is good but i like Julian Peterson better and he would be awesome to have. but like u said clairborne is one of the best in the FA overall.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Right now keeping Claiborne would be a safe bet. We don't have alot of depth and he makes plays when he is healthy.

I agree with picking the best defensive player, though I admit I would liek to see us pick a great DB.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LB's, safeties and CB absolutly :thumbleft:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Marlin Jackson is a shutdown corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Letting Claiborne go would be a huge mistake UNLESS we signed Julian Peterson from the 49ers, and only if we got him. There is no other LB with a 3 or 4 year experience who has proved himself in the league, or has had a better carear than claborne. There's only maybe one or two guys that would be worth replacing claiborne.

Here's a site for FA's, lets you know restricted, unrestricted, and all that good stuff: http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/index.asp

Now that I have seen the list of FA LB's I would feel better letting him go. Here is the Lb's I would want us to get to replace him in order: Julian Peterson, Kendrell Bell, Tommy Polley, Edgerton Hartwell, Ronald McKinnon, Mark Fields, and Will Witherspoon.

There is 7 FA LB's that would be awesome to get. Also there will be a bunch of other players who are released due to big contracts, so there will be others to choose from too.

Since everybody is viewing the LB spot as the weak area on our D, why keep all our Lb's then? Why not improve our talent at LB by getting a peterson or bell? Like I said before, we are gonna have to pay some player a huge contract just to get to the minimum team salary. For you guys who want to keep CC, then who do we give that contract to? I would rather have a vet at LB and draft a DB, then draft another young Lb and get another vet DB. We have to spend money somewhere, so why not at our biggest weak spot on D this year?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast