Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Re: Are we really building championship team?

"sabatajh" wrote:
    I know I'm probably going to get blasted for this. But i'm not sold on the whole "win at any cost mentality that wilf claim's he has. I just feel like we haven't really signed any one who is considered a upgrade with the exception of Hutchinson. I think Chester has a legitimate shot at being sucessful, but to have 31 million in cap space and let key FA sign with other teams is insane. Why are we satisfied with Ben Leber when there were three pro bowl linbackers available, same thing with Chester Taylor, I just feel like there was better players available and we didn't even make a run at them. why aren't we in the mix for Brees? Am I the only one who thinks handing over the franchise to a 37 year old quarter back is insane?

Whew I fell better know :cussing:
    I'll agree with you on the quarterback position. We have some veterans here who don't have time to wait a year to get another quarterback in the draft and then wait for him to develop. If we want a championship NOW, we need to get a quarterback who can give us a larger window of opportunity. If we're just going to stick with Johnson, we might as well surround him with young, raw, and talented players, because if we don't get Brees, we're basically conceding that we aren't REALLY going for a Super Bowl now - MAYBE sometime in the future.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

why don't you and all the other general managers just let the team do their job? they are the professionals none of you get paid to draft or get the right free agent.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

PurpleElf Guest

I feel your frustration, it seems like we are banking so much on Hutchinson it makes me think we might be putting to many eggs in one basket. Leber sounds to me like a good fit but Im just not sure, even if he is the answer on the strong side, who are they gonna put at weak side? Napo (AHAhahAha), D.Thomas (bad move), I still beleive we need an upgrade here, but I guess im in the minority on this one.. Taylor, now this is the signing I love speed, power, and elusiveness (money extremely well spent). Longwell I also agree is a DEFINITE upgrade.

Del Rio Guest

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    why don't you and all the other general managers just let the team do their job? they are the professionals none of you get paid to draft or get the right free agent.
    Relax, if it annoys you enough to post stuff like that then just ignore it.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jviking" wrote:
    I understand where you are comming from. Yet I have faith that they are picking the right payers for the new system. Throwing big names in the mix does not mean championship. I'll agree that I would rather have had James than taylor, but with hutch in there my fat butt could probally pick up a few first downs. Having said that I have my concerns as well. I am looking forward to the season though!!!
    I do still think that James was the answer...but time will tell...and I hope for once that I am wrong! :lol:
    I think Edge (James) and Drew Rosenhaus were immediately courted by Arizona, and offered them a deal they couldn't refuse. They didn't even visit with other teams, so it doesn't look like anybody else had a chance to bid really. Although, it doesn't seem like Edge was gonna be our choice anyway. I think that Taylor will do well in Minnesota.

I've only read a few things about Leber, so I'm kind of in the dark with him. Will he be the "fit" we were looking for at Mike (I'm assuming he'll be playing there)? I'm pretty excited about who we've picked up so far, and I think we'll be heading to playoffs at least with this squad.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I seem to think Wilf and Childress are building a sub .500 team myself.

But thats just me.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleElf" wrote:
    I feel your frustration, it seems like we are banking so much on Hutchinson it makes me think we might be putting to many eggs in one basket. Leber sounds to me like a good fit but Im just not sure, even if he is the answer on the strong side, who are they gonna put at weak side? Napo (AHAhahAha), D.Thomas (bad move), I still beleive we need an upgrade here, but I guess im in the minority on this one.. Taylor, now this is the signing I love speed, power, and elusiveness (money extremely well spent). Longwell I also agree is a DEFINITE upgrade.

I heard this on Kfan today! Paul Allen said that he had found out recently that Napo had a knee injury in training camp and that he was playing the whole season on a bad knee and that it limited his speed considerable.

This is the only place that I have heard this info, it comes from but Paul Allen who is the voice of the Vikings and has access to information that might give him more insight than most reporters probably get.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

We will not know if we are building a great team until we are ready to begin to play games that count because we are not done adding to the team yet.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "PurpleElf" wrote:

I heard this on Kfan today! Paul Allen said that he had found out recently that Napo had a knee injury in training camp and that he was playing the whole season on a bad knee and that it limited his speed considerable.

This is the only place that I have heard this info, it comes from but Paul Allen who is the voice of the Vikings and has access to information that might give him more insight than most reporters probably get.

I heard that as well too somewhere..

I always thought Napo should have gotten another shot later in the season anyway.. I think he will actually be one of the better LB's we have

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I seem to think Wilf and Childress are building a sub .500 team myself.

But thats just me.
    Nope. Not just you. I'm with you.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast