Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Are we for real?

chavous i dont doubt you you have over 2000 posts i hope to some day have 2000 but i doubt people like gift who started this forum!! I would never doubt the vikings i will just say we need to improve but even Indy has room to improve!!

HELL YEAH WE ARE FOR REAL!!!! If we win the last three, especially Steelers, we are going to the BIG GAME BABY!!!
    Get Your Roll On!!!!!
    I hate the moldy cheeseheads!

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"Gift" wrote:
    6 wins in a row, good stats for that streak, closing in on the bears but I am little worried. Here is why:

• Pack x2 (3-10), Lions X2 (4-9), Browns (4-9), Rams (5-8), G-men (9-4) see below

• The Giants blew us out in every way, cept for the score :lol: . The game was hard to watch & it seemed like it was only a matter of time before the giants woke up & won the game. Just when it looked like they had BJ & crew also woke up & made the 1 & only drive to get points. Kind of a fluke

• We struggled to beat every team on that list & almost lost to Detroit the week they fired the coach.

• We have yet to really put a team away; rams victory was pretty good but still was too close in the 4rth quarter.

• Our offense has not come around but they haven't hurt us either. Is it good enough to compete at a higher level?

• Our D has yet to be tested, weak teams or rookie quarterbacks.

I really want to believe this team is for real & I hope someone can shed some light on what it is I'm missing here.
    So I have two questions for my fellow vikes fans. Can we compete on a level with other playoff teams? and if you answer yes, how did you draw that conclusion?
    • Pack x2 (3-10), Lions X2 (4-9), Browns (4-9), Rams (5-8), G-men (9-4) see below

along with most others have said, good teams need to beat the crappy ones too. we could've easily blown the "easy" games as we have in the past, but we haven't. gb has played a lot of close games this season (but they still suck), the browns beat chi and almost cinn. g-men are a division leader and we handed them one of their loses.

• The Giants blew us out in every way, cept for the score :lol: . The game was hard to watch & it seemed like it was only a matter of time before the giants woke up & won the game. Just when it looked like they had BJ & crew also woke up & made the 1 & only drive to get points. Kind of a fluke

i'm am also sick and tired of people saying that game was luck. our defense stepped up and made some huge plays as did our special teams. the offense stepped their game up when it mattered most. i actually kinda thought it was funny how we drove the ball down the field and won the game in the final seconds, it's almost like we had it planned that way. that game was not a fluke, we busted our tails out there and deserved that win.

• We struggled to beat every team on that list & almost lost to Detroit the week they fired the coach.

what is your definition of "struggling"? the only two teams we beat by 3 points or less. one of the teams, the giants, the other was a come-from-behind victory at home against gb, and then a win at lambau which is always hard to do. hell in the past 4 games, our defense has only allowed 5 tds. doesn't sound like struggling to me.

• We have yet to really put a team away; rams victory was pretty good but still was too close in the 4rth quarter.

i think we did against st louis, det the first time, and also cle. just my opinion though

• Our offense has not come around but they haven't hurt us either. Is it good enough to compete at a higher level?

they are good enough to play mistake-free football and can put up points when it matters. i say yes they can, but there is much room for improvement.

• Our D has yet to be tested, weak teams or rookie quarterbacks.

eli manning has been getting a lot of hype this season, how many times did we pick him off?

hell yeah we are for real, what other teams have overcome all the bs the vikes have this season? when it was really easy for us to roll over and die, be cleaned the blood off our nose, brushed our shoulder off, and buckled down and turned this season around. we are one of the hottest teams in the league right now. i'm not sayin we are a sb team by no means, but if the d continues to improve and our offense gets more lethal, than sh!t, anything is possible. this game against the steelers will be a measuring stick for us. if we beat the steelers, then i think we will win out the rest of them, and we have the talent, momentum, and home field advantage to beat them. it'll be a really good game on sunday, i can't wait.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

"I give credit to the D, special teams & the O for the last drive but... The giants should have won that game."-Gift

I get what your saying, but the truth of the matter is the better team won. We out played them and when it mattered drove the ball down field and got the win.If the Giants should have won...well why didnt they? Becuase we out played them with ST and Defense.

This team is for real...I dont think our defense gets ENOUGH credit honestly...cuz they have played phemonal the last 6 games.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Gift is offline Coordinator

"K-Rob18" wrote:
    chavous i dont doubt you you have over 2000 posts i hope to some day have 2000 but i doubt people like gift who started this forum!! I would never doubt the vikings i will just say we need to improve but even Indy has room to improve!!
    You doubt me because I don't just assume the team I root for is the best just because I root for them?
    We have a HUGE test come sunday & I was curious if other had the same questions that I do, and it appears some do.

and another thing, I came to this community when we were losing, infact at our low (2-5)
    "Hello Thread" not after a 6 game win streak & playoff run... but welcome anyway
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Gift is offline Coordinator

"midgensa" wrote:
    what the hell do we have to do to get OUR OWN FANS to stop doubting us every week.
    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    If we beat the Steelers, then there is no doubt in my mind that we are for real.
    exactly my thoughts
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Gift" wrote:
    "K-Rob18" wrote:
    You doubt me because I don't just assume the team I root for is the best just because I root for them?
    We have a HUGE test come sunday & I was curious if other had the same questions that I do, and it appears some do.

and another thing, I came to this community when we were losing, infact at thier our low (2-5)
    "Hello Thread" not after a 6 game win streak & playoff run... but welcome anyway
    Sweet. If a member with 2000 posts is believable...then you must trust me with your life.

Send me some money! :lol:

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    Winning on the road hasn't been a Viking trend for awhile, not to mention playing in outdoor stadiums. Winning on the road in NY, Green Bay, and Detroit has to make you feel better.

We are a different team --- in years past we've collapsed against weak teams. The 03-04 season where we started 6-0 only to go on a slide against sub-par teams (NY Giants 4-12, Chargers 4-12, Raiders 4-12, Bears 7-9, Cardinals 4-12).

The current Vikings team brings consistency; an opportunistic defense and a offense that doesn't turn the ball over. Yes, the offense isn't wow'ing anyone right now --- but if they can improve we are looking at a very good football team.
    Nice post pigskin, couldn't have said it any better myself!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

modena11 is offline Rookie

i want tougher tests for the vikings because it will help us improve. sorry to break anyones bubble but at this point but i am all for team development and the great improvement of our defence. the playoffs dont really matter to me. if we make them, awesome but if we don't, i wont lose any sleep over it.

i'm ecstatic that we are winning games, proving all of those doubters wrong is awesome. shows what kind of character we have. but in a way i'm already looking forward to next year. if we can keep this chemistry together i can only imagine the output. something reminiscent of the colts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123