Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gift is offline Coordinator

Are we for real?

6 wins in a row, good stats for that streak, closing in on the bears but I am little worried. Here is why:

• Pack x2 (3-10), Lions X2 (4-9), Browns (4-9), Rams (5-8), G-men (9-4) see below

• The Giants blew us out in every way, cept for the score :lol: . The game was hard to watch & it seemed like it was only a matter of time before the giants woke up & won the game. Just when it looked like they had BJ & crew also woke up & made the 1 & only drive to get points. Kind of a fluke

• We struggled to beat every team on that list & almost lost to Detroit the week they fired the coach.

• We have yet to really put a team away; rams victory was pretty good but still was too close in the 4rth quarter.

• Our offense has not come around but they haven't hurt us either. Is it good enough to compete at a higher level?

• Our D has yet to be tested, weak teams or rookie quarterbacks.

I really want to believe this team is for real & I hope someone can shed some light on what it is I'm missing here.
    So I have two questions for my fellow vikes fans. Can we compete on a level with other playoff teams? and if you answer yes, how did you draw that conclusion?
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Are we for real?

yes not only have we put our selves in the Playoff race our confidence is soaring after all we have been through. Our team thinks they can win. It is also not a fluke because we are winning every game in the same fashon good defence and a balenced offence. If you have that going for you even against easy teams you can compete.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

You have to be pretty good to go on a 6 game winning streak, no matter who you play. I think we'll be fine. We've built up a lot of confidence over this winning streak and that will GREATLY help us. Our offence is efficient and gets the job done so I don't worry about them when they're not committing turnovers. As long as our D shows up, we're fine. Well, even if our D isn't 100% there, I have faith that Brad could put some solid offence together.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

I think if we beat the steelers or stay close to the steelers we are for real.

Articnv is offline Coach

Great teams win agaist the crap teams and win a few games against the tuff teams

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Are we for real? Yes!

Are we a top tier football? NO!

sure if you look at their records it doesnt really make us look that impressive. But to start off 2-5, which was a worse record than a lot of those teams, and put this kind of string together has to mean something. I dont think we are as good as lot of people people on this board think we are. But we are for real!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

pigskinronin is offline Starter

Winning on the road hasn't been a Viking trend for awhile, not to mention playing in outdoor stadiums. Winning on the road in NY, Green Bay, and Detroit has to make you feel better.

We are a different team --- in years past we've collapsed against weak teams. The 03-04 season where we started 6-0 only to go on a slide against sub-par teams (NY Giants 4-12, Chargers 4-12, Raiders 4-12, Bears 7-9, Cardinals 4-12).

The current Vikings team brings consistency; an opportunistic defense and a offense that doesn't turn the ball over. Yes, the offense isn't wow'ing anyone right now --- but if they can improve we are looking at a very good football team.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

our 5 losses are to teams that are pretty good football teams. tampa, carolina, bears, bengals, falcons. all but the falcons have better records. the teams we beat suck, but the giants. and thats what good teams to, beat the crap out of the crap teams. now to be a great team, you must beat the good teams as well. we beat the steelers this week, and hell yes we are for real.
    We're bringing purple back.

pigskinronin is offline Starter

"gregair13" wrote:
    our 5 losses are to teams that are pretty good football teams. tampa, carolina, bears, bengals, falcons. all but the falcons have better records. the teams we beat suck, but the giants. and thats what good teams to, beat the crap out of the crap teams. now to be a great team, you must beat the good teams as well. we beat the steelers this week, and hell yes we are for real.
    I wonder how our current team (gelling defense, BJ, improved o-line) would have done against those teams? Possibly 9-4 or better?

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

Also, we beat the Browns once and Packers twice, and both teams have played very tough every game, they've just come up short more often than not. The Packers have lost their 10 games by a total of 57 points, and their 3 wins have been by a total of 60, and they've been very close in almost every game...I think the most they've lost by is 14. The Browns have lost their 9 by a total of 74, and they have been close in many of their games also, plus they barely lost to the Bengals on Sun, and they beat the Bears. So, I think we're for real, but a win against the Steelers would definitely be a strong statement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast