Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a Wr

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Re: We need a Wr

Well since I have my hear broken these past couple weeks I am gonna let out some feelings.
    Although I dont think all is lost I do think I was wrong in having complete faith in the reciever corp. this preseason.
    And since im on a roll...I think we need to activate Jason Carter immediatly.
    He will be the second coming of Chris Carter and will be only known as a collective divine entity known as THE CARTER.
    He is our salvation and will save us.
    Lord Please Save Us.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Please. This is pathetic. Just get it into your head now. Brad Childress went to the super bowl 2 years straight with Fricken Alligator arms Pinkston and Freddie Bitchell. The guy KNOWS that Wide Reciever is not the most important position on the team, especially when you have two running backs that can catch out of the backfield and two stellar recieving tight ends. There is no need whatsover to give up a first round pick (Samarzdija) to get someone like Jerry Porter who would probably hold out in a year or so anyways. Other than Porter, there is no one else out there. I, personally, wanted Branch, and Stallworth for that matter but both of those opportunities have passed. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

Now let's look at our current offense.

Troy Williamson is currently 23rd in the NFL in total recieving yards with 16 for 245. Among the people in the top 10, they respectively have about 15 more receptions than him. The guy will stop dropping the ball. The coaches are working on it with him, believe me. They happen to know a lot more about football and their team than you do. Still, Williamson is on pace for a close to a 1000 yard season in his second year. I don't think that's too shabby.

Travis Taylor is 22nd in the NFC with 14 receptions for 199 yards. He is our second reciever and these are numbers that I would expect. Now, explain this. He has 1 reception less than Williamson and 50 yards less. Why isn't everyone all over him for not getting more YAC or not catching the ball?

Marcus Robinson has 6 receptions for 98 yards and 1 TD in 3 games. Considering that he plays slot that's not terrible. Also considering that he has A. Only played 3 games, and B, only has had the ball thrown to him 8 or 9 times, I like those stats. That's like a full game stat for him.

Jermaine Wiggins has 14 receptions for 121 yards. He, frankly, needs to get the ball more.

Kleinsasser has 3 receptions for 14 yards. We're clearly using him at TE on blocking downs.

Chester Taylor has 12 receptions for 87 yards. Not terrible for a running back. He is also 8th, yes, 8th in the NFL in total rushing yards. Our running game is FINE.

So please, many teams are worse off than us right now. If we lose to the Lions and our offense is terrible, it's time to start thinking about free agents and trades. As of now, we are in good shape. I trust these guys to step up in a big way because i've seen each of them do it already. Please, just have trust in your team. We're only .500 with losses to a mediocre team and the best team in football.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    We need 1 "go to guy".
    A wr that will CATCH the ball on 3rd down & when the game is on the line.
    Wiggy is great but he doesnt have the speed to get down the field.
    We need 1 wr that will make a gol 'darnit play when we need it.

Want to trade - Entire Viking wr core for 1 randy moss/cris carter.
    that would be nice!! i don't see us picking up or trading to get a #1 WR this year though, mabe next year, but i still think that troy williamson should develop into a #1 WR if we give him some time. he just needs to mature and learn to settle down and just CATCH THE STUPID BALL.
    We ALREADY have a "go to guy"...he isn't a WR...but he gets first downs!!!
    His name is Jermaine Wiggins...and Brad Squared (both Childress and Johnson) need to GET HIM THE D-A-M-N BALL

i agree, wiggins is our #1 guy and i am a big fan of wiggins. but i think that the TEs are there to take the pressure off the WRs as far as recieving goes. if we had a solid #1 reciever, it would blow open the run game even more, and also it would take off some pressure on wiggins and keep the D alot more honest. we throw to our #1, if he is covered we throw to wiggins, if he is covered then we throw to our #1. with of course throws to random open guys. i really really want williamson to step into that #1 postion and start playing like it, but like i said, he needs time to develop. i agree with prophet, i don't really like getting a superstar WR usually they want a ton of money and if the team let them go they usually hav attitude probs or off field issues. i like getting young guys and developing them, nothin better then to watch you guys develop in to great players. i would love to get our hands on another marvin harrison or cris carter

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

spikecyrus is offline Rookie

I think the Vikes should activate Jason Cater, let him return the kickoffs to see how explosive he may be.
    This will keep Troy W. a little less banged up as the Vikes #1 WR.
    The team needs to start off with good feild postion, not only for the O, but also for the D.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    We need 1 "go to guy".
    A wr that will CATCH the ball on 3rd down & when the game is on the line.
    Wiggy is great but he doesnt have the speed to get down the field.
    We need 1 wr that will make a gol 'darnit play when we need it.

Want to trade - Entire Viking wr core for 1 randy moss/cris carter.
    that would be nice!! i don't see us picking up or trading to get a #1 WR this year though, mabe next year, but i still think that troy williamson should develop into a #1 WR if we give him some time. he just needs to mature and learn to settle down and just CATCH THE STUPID BALL.
    We ALREADY have a "go to guy"...he isn't a WR...but he gets first downs!!!
    His name is Jermaine Wiggins...and Brad Squared (both Childress and Johnson) need to GET HIM THE D-A-M-N BALL

I agree, wiggins is our go-to guy, and I am a big fan of wiggins, and he should get the ball more, but I think that as far as receiving goes, the TE’s are to take the pressure off the receivers and keep the defenses honest. If we had a #1 reciever he would take off the pressure of wiggins and wiggins could take the pressure off of him, with of course some passes to other random open guys plus that would open up the run game more. I agree with prophet, I don’t like bringing in big superstar receivers, typically they want a ton of money and if the team they were with before got rid of them then they prob have attitude probs or off field issues. I like developing our own guys and watching them develop into top players. That’s why I want Williamson to step up so bad. I would love to get a hold of a marvin Harrison/cris carter type of player, no off field probs typically and plays great on the field

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

We just need to get it going, running the ball.. that will open the coverage.. when the season ends - sadly there are no #1 WR's coming out as Free Agent.. The Best options are Drew Bennett of the Titans and Kevin Curtis of the Rams..

So we need to get some of theese prospects in the first round of the draft..

Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech, Jr.
    Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr.
    Ted Ginn Jr, Ohio St, Jr.
    Sydney Rice, South Carolina
    Jeff Samardzija, Notre Dame

Calvin Johnson reminds me of Moss, he's a playmaker, has amazing speed - size and hands.. But he will go in the top5, no doubt about that..

I also like Ted Ginn Jr out of Ohio St. - however he's only 6'0.. Calvin Johnson is a sick 6'5..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

To Scum

I was wondering what is the "Pull a Randy Moss" supposed to mean?

Be a cancer in the locker room?

Get your headcoach fired?

Hang your QB out to dry?

Play when you want to play?

Straight cash homie?

Run over metermaids?

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

"skum" wrote:
    We just need to get it going, running the ball.. that will open the coverage.. when the season ends - sadly there are no #1 WR's coming out as Free Agent.. The Best options are Drew Bennett of the Titans and Kevin Curtis of the Rams..

Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr.

Calvin Johnson reminds me of Moss, he's a playmaker, has amazing speed - size and hands.. But he will go in the top5, no doubt about that..

I also like Ted Ginn Jr out of Ohio St. - however he's only 6'0.. Calvin Johnson is a sick 6'5..

hopefully if we want calvin johnson and he does go in the top 5, we will have to trade up lets say at least 25 places ;D

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Just draft one, we've discussed this a million times, I agree Moss wouldnt drop those, Moss would be catching TDs left and right, and I want him back mroe than anything else, but it's not gonna happen, so we should jsut draft a good posession receiver.

I really want Dwayne Jarret, he's big, and really good, and he's from NJ.

Porter is not what we need, and is not worth trading for when there will be 5-6 very good receivers to choose from in the first round of the draft this year.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"skum" wrote:

Dwayne Jarrett, USC, Jr.

Calvin Johnson is more like T.O./ Keyshawn/ Mike Williams. Doesn't have even close to that moss blazing speed. I would take Ginn or Samardzija over him. Samarzdija might go to baseball though which means he will drop big time.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast