Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: We need a Wr

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We need a Wr

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    I know I waited a while to say this but no, we don't need a WR.
    We need a QB with the nads to air the ball out more than once or twice a game.
    Johnson doesn't have many turnovers but that's because he won't take the needed risks to win a game.
    I've always thought that and that's why I've never been a huge BJ supporter.
    Yea, we went 7-2 with him last year but we were playing crappy teams.
    Special teams beat the Giants.
    Our offense this year has made me feel even stronger about this.
    If you stuck someone back there behind center that wasn't afraid to throw some deep balls then we might be 3-1 or better right now and scoring some offensive TD's.
    Not sure what games you've been watching but maybe if the WRs catch the ball he'd go deep more often.
    The only place I would criticize is not throwing into the endzone when we are in the redzone.
    Other than that he does take chances down the field.
    Unfortunately the balls have been dropped at times.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    All i have to say is that I would love to have Randy back, but it's been said a million times, he's not coming back, Zygi has been doing some great things but i doubt he can pull that off, anyway as far as drafting a receiver my choice is Sydney Rice, i don't really watch a ton of college ball, but i do watch the occasion South Carolina games and the ones i've watched have proved to me that Sydney is a great player with a lot of potential, but i haven't really seen some of those other mentioned guys play to much, but once again i don't watch a ton of college ball. I would've loved for us to take a shot at Brance, he's a great receiver, Stallworth aswell, but they're both gone, and Jerry Porter is definetly not the answer this guy is not that great it would be a waste of trade. I do think Troy will step up, but in good time, and my guess is when it really counts more than ever he will, so all we can do is wait and see.
    What has Porter done to make yuou think he's not a good WR?
    In my opinion, he's better than anyone we have right now.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"ejmat" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    Johnson doesn't have many turnovers but that's because he won't take the needed risks to win a game.
    If you stuck someone back there behind center that wasn't afraid to throw some deep balls then we might be 3-1 or better right now and scoring some offensive TD's.
    Not sure what games you've been watching but maybe if the WRs catch the ball he'd go deep more often.
    The only place I would criticize is not throwing into the endzone when we are in the redzone.
    i've been disappointed by how little we've used wiggins. he was obviously used alot by culpepper, but he is a postive adition that can catch reasonably. in the redzone, it seems our only jump ball threat is marcus robinson. if im not mistaken im pretty sure he's our only receiver with a TD. correct me if im wrong.

and luckyvike, its not the "nads" to throw the deep ball (i'm assuming you think culpepper had), but the conservative throws brad has thrown (or not thrown in this case) that have accounted for our 2 wins IMO. granted its not flashy, but the guilt lies more on the linemen and their pass protection. they need to step it up, especially against the lions.\

although i agree, a stud WR couldnt hurt.
    ;D

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"vikes09" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    i've been disappointed by how little we've used wiggins. he was obviously used alot by culpepper, but he is a postive adition that can catch reasonably. in the redzone, it seems our only jump ball threat is marcus robinson. if im not mistaken im pretty sure he's our only receiver with a TD. correct me if im wrong.

and luckyvike, its not the "nads" to throw the deep ball (i'm assuming you think culpepper had), but the conservative throws brad has thrown (or not thrown in this case) that have accounted for our 2 wins IMO. granted its not flashy, but the guilt lies more on the linemen and their pass protection. they need to step it up, especially against the lions.\

although i agree, a stud WR couldnt hurt.
    ;D
    Guys, don't give me that shit.
    Johnson has thrown very few deep balls this season and even if the recievers do drop a couple, you still have to throw the ball deep just to keep the defense back and playing it.
    Also, lets be honest here, Johnson hasn't been putting the ball in the most catchable of all places.

Johnson lack of "nads" did NOT win us the first two games, it kept us in the game.
    With the style he plays with now, he WILL NOT win you a game but he isn't going to lose the game for you either.
    I can respect that to a point but as the QB, you have to keep the defense back a little bit and I have to question his ability to do so.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

We DO have a deep threat.

He just has a problem holding onto the ball.

Then it is not a threat I like T.Will as much as the next viking fan but he is no threat if he cant catch the ball.
    If he was a threat then they would do moer to cover him on 3rd and long... he's no threat he's a speedy medicore recieverhe has the potential but someone needs to work with him.......

Give up a first round pick for moss, whats one thing we need on this team? a legit reciever and id rather have moss then a prospect that wont do shit, and be a bust like so many other 1st round picks

Thanks josdin00

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"tb04512" wrote:

Then it is not a threat I like T.Will as much as the next viking fan but he is no threat if he cant catch the ball.
    If he was a threat then they would do moer to cover him on 3rd and long... he's no threat he's a speedy medicore recieverhe has the potential but someone needs to work with him.......

Give up a first round pick for moss, whats one thing we need on this team? a legit reciever and id rather have moss then a prospect that wont do pooh, and be a bust like so many other 1st round picks
    Then you agree, he is a deep threat.
    But just has other problems.
    Don't lump it all together.
    Catching the ball is...well...catching the ball.
    He is still a deep threat and teams are not going to risk getting beat deep just because he had some problems.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

it meant to be a quote from a different reply new and dont know how to do it..... the answer is no not a deep threat. no threat when 90% of the long balls thrown to him are either too far or he drops, or completly misses (redskins game)

Thanks josdin00

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"tb04512" wrote:
    it meant to be a quote from a different reply new and dont know how to do it..... the answer is no not a deep threat. no threat when 90% of the long balls thrown to him are either too far or he drops, or completly misses (redskins game)
    Simply go to that persons post & click the "Quote" botton at the top right of their post.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    All I'm hearing about is long ball receivers & checkdown receivers. What about our medium range guys?

Travis Taylor has some of the best hands of our receiver corps. We need to have some plays that will get these guys open for more catches across the middle.
    Exactly! Travis is the answer. I've been saying this all year long. In my mind the most underrated player on offense.
    I think that Travis is a good option with sure hands...and so is Jermaine...but we DO need that DEEP THREAT to keep the defenses honest...and to get that homerun ball every once in awhile!

The offense just needs to close out drives with TOUCHDOWNS...like Alex Baldwin said in Glengarry Glen Ross...ABC...ALWAYS BE CLOSING!!!

Soooo true....
    8)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    If you can tell me one thing that is different about him I will be absolutely shocked.

He's still 6'4
    He's still the fastest WR in the game
    His hands are the same
    He can still jump
    He still can't block
    and He's still lazy
    *cough*

Steve Smith

*cough*

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast