Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a Wr

We need a Wr

I don't care what anyone says, we need a big player WR.....Randy Moss wouldn't have dropped the passes Williamson and Robinson dropped.

Trade for Jerry Porter already....

Prophet Guest

Re: We need a Wr

If you don't care what anyone says, why do you start the 137th thread on this topic?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I agree 100%, I am sick of hearing about how smoot sucks.
    It is not our D here.
    No team has scored more than 19 points on us.
    Hello? the Bears just destroyed the Seahawks. Our O is terrible and the real problem here. Way too many passes not even on target, way too many drop passes, and the penalties are making me sick. We need to do something now before Detroit decides to play and beat us.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"Minnesota" wrote:
    I don't care what anyone says, we need a big player WR.....Randy Moss wouldn't have dropped the passes Williamson and Robinson dropped.

I agree we need a WR but Id ont think Jerry Porter is the answer at all

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I argued through preseason our need for another (number 1,number 2) type WR.The only thing that sucks is there was really noone out there.I think we should have taken a shot at Branch.Our WR's have done better then I expected, but imagine if we lose one of our top 3?THEN how weak do they look?(Knock on wood)So this is just my opinion, becuz I think our WR play is hurting us right now.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Why on earth dont we activate Carter from the practice squad is beyond me

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Minnesota" wrote:

Take off Purple Tinted glasses here.......

Yes, we need a solid WR.
    But, I will say this about Randy, even though you don't care.
    Granted Randy had a nice TD catch, but he dropped 2 passes and wouldn't stretchout for another.
    The ones that he dropped were not TD passes, they were possession passes.
    The one he didn't stretchout for, was one that if he caught, he wanted to run for a TD.
    If the catch isn't going to result in a TD, I don't think he wants to be part of it.
    That is my take and I am sticking to it.

I love Randy, he is a great WR, but he is not the saviour for the Vikes.

Put Purple Tinted glasses back on here.

Our WRs aren't cutting it.
    Are the WRs getting open?
    Is BJ seeing the WRs?

Apparently, they aren't getting enough separation to be considered open or we wouldn't be checking down so much.

I wouldn't mind Porter and I don't care what anyone says.
    He is the only guy out there that has the experience and the hands.
    He has made many big catches in the NFL.
    I would consider him a better WR than KROB, JMHO.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Minnesota" wrote:

yeah thats always that answer...."get a big time WR" "we should have never traded moss :'(", well i think that alot of our problems on offense is in the line and in the penalties, yeah our WR have dropped some passes but i think they are doing better then alot of ppl expected. i think that if our line would really start to work together and dominate like they were supposed to and give BJ some time things would start to work better. so stop with the moss and big time WR crap we are prob not going to trade or get one this year so might as well learn to like what we have.
    i will go through our recievers, let me know what you think.

TROY WILLIAMSON: 16 rec, 245 yards with a average of 15.3 ypc. he hasn't been the playmaker we have been hoping for yet this year, but he is still young and inexperienced, give him some time and i think he should do extremely well. he has some easy drops and some good catches, hasn't preformed well under pressure so far. he will continue to develop into the starting WR we have been looking for since moss left.

TRAVIS TAYLOR: 14 rec, 199 yards with a 14.2 ypc average. has been a good pickup in my opinion, he has stepped up and made plays when he needed to, he has made some mistakes but has overall been fairly consistent. i like TT and i think he should continue to be a key part in this offense.

MARCUS ROBINSON: 6 rec, 98 yards with an average of 16.3 per carry. was one of the few bright spots in yesterdays game on the vikes offense. has good endzone skills and uses his size to his advantage. hopefully he will see more play after yesterdays game. has the only 2 touchdown receptions this year for the vikes.

BILLY MCMULLEN: 6 rec, 78 yards, 13 ypc. has been out to prove that it was not a mistake to trade for him. personally i liked baskett because he was young and would give us years of use. mcmullen should give us at least a few years as a back up WR. he has been doing fairly well this year, i have been pleasantly surprised with his play.

MAURICE MANN: has not gotten a catch and hasn't gotten a chance yet. i have seen him on 1 play so far (he might have gotten more plays but i didn't see) and he was penalized for holding.

JASON CARTER: hasn't played, i am hoping he will see playing time this year and prove to be a good WR

MARTIN NANCE: hasn't played, don't know anything really about him if anyone knows anything fill me in.

i won't even go into the TE's or RB's but i would grade the WR's play according to their skill level at a B

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Json is offline GM

The receivers need to get kicked in the gonads.
    These guys have got to figure out how to get open and more importantly catch the dang ball(WILLIAMNSON!!!).
    I hate Joey Porter so I don't see him being the answer and for a #1 pick next draft is just a silly, silly, silly, request from Oakland.
    Why do you think NOBODY else in the NFL has traded for him?...BECAUSE HE"S NOT WORTH A # 1 PICK!
    As for Moss that was 2 years ago so lets just move on from Moss.

K. Rob is proving to be a bigger lose then expected.
    I know everyone is going to come out of the woodworks on this one and say that K. Rob did squat last year as a reciever and I understand that but he really threw a wrench into the mix for the Vikings this offseason.
    He would have helped and he atleast knows how to catch the dang ball 90% of the time.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "Minnesota" wrote:

yeah thats always that answer...."get a big time WR" "we should have never traded moss :'(", well i think that alot of our problems on offense is in the line and in the penalties, yeah our WR have dropped some passes but i think they are doing better then alot of ppl expected. i think that if our line would really start to work together and dominate like they were supposed to and give BJ some time things would start to work better. so stop with the moss and big time WR crap we are prob not going to trade or get one this year so might as well learn to like what we have.
    i will go through our recievers, let me know what you think.

TROY WILLIAMSON: 16 rec, 245 yards with a average of 15.3 ypc. he hasn't been the playmaker we have been hoping for yet this year, but he is still young and inexperienced, give him some time and i think he should do extremely well. he has some easy drops and some good catches, hasn't preformed well under pressure so far. he will continue to develop into the starting WR we have been looking for since moss left.

TRAVIS TAYLOR: 14 rec, 199 yards with a 14.2 ypc average. has been a good pickup in my opinion, he has stepped up and made plays when he needed to, he has made some mistakes but has overall been fairly consistent. i like TT and i think he should continue to be a key part in this offense.

MARCUS ROBINSON: 6 rec, 98 yards with an average of 16.3 per carry. was one of the few bright spots in yesterdays game on the vikes offense. has good endzone skills and uses his size to his advantage. hopefully he will see more play after yesterdays game. has the only 2 touchdown receptions this year for the vikes.

BILLY MCMULLEN: 6 rec, 78 yards, 13 ypc. has been out to prove that it was not a mistake to trade for him. personally i liked baskett because he was young and would give us years of use. mcmullen should give us at least a few years as a back up WR. he has been doing fairly well this year, i have been pleasantly surprised with his play.

MAURICE MANN: has not gotten a catch and hasn't gotten a chance yet. i have seen him on 1 play so far (he might have gotten more plays but i didn't see) and he was penalized for holding.

JASON CARTER: hasn't played, i am hoping he will see playing time this year and prove to be a good WR

MARTIN NANCE: hasn't played, don't know anything really about him if anyone knows anything fill me in.

i won't even go into the TE's or RB's but i would grade the WR's play according to their skill level at a B
    Good post!
    The one thing that I would say about this is that the stats don't show the drops.
    It doesn't take into account playmaking ability.

I agree, the big name WR may not be the answer.
    We really just need these guys to step it up.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast