RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

We need to trade up and get Udeze :(

Even NFL.Com is giving this kid rave reviews. If we got him it would be absolutely fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

crookshanks is offline Waterboy

I'll be interested in the response Vikings fans have on this one. The Giants are talking about trading up for Eli Manning. Some fans are worried about losing draft choices while others think its worth it because Manning will be the second coming.

I always feel a team should do what they need to grab the player that best fits their need in the first round.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

I would love to have Udeze, but I'm not sure what I'd give up for him.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Depends on what we have to trade...but I think if we could just trade our seconds up to get him it'd be worth it.

Sounds like the real deal...and not only talented, it sounds like he is a very hard worker and a student.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/7250877

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by crookshanks

I'll be interested in the response Vikings fans have on this one. The Giants are talking about trading up for Eli Manning. Some fans are worried about losing draft choices while others think its worth it because Manning will be the second coming.

I always feel a team should do what they need to grab the player that best fits their need in the first round.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The way it looks to me, based on last year's performances, is that trading up would be a better move for the Vikings than for the Giants. The Vikings have had one of the best offenses in the league the past couple of years, but their defense has struggled. We've signed some free agents that fill some of our needs, but are still one or two players away from filling all of our needs. That seems like a situation taylor made for trading up to get "our guy" in the draft.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of the Giants in recent years, but I don't ever remember thinking that they're only one or two players away from being a perennial playoff contender. I know the giants are only a few years removed from that 2000 superbowl team. However, most of the talking heads regard that team as a team that played above its ability. That is a mark of a good team, but it can not usually be sustained. Ex. Look at the 2001 Bears. Under that situation, It would seem to me that keeping your draft picks would be more important. I know that with his pedigree, that Manning is considered to be as close to a guaranteed franchise QB as you will ever find in the draft. I jsut don't think that the difference between a first pick and a forth pick is large enough to make up for the draft pick you'd be giving away to get him. Not when you have a lot of needs to fill.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

First off, no one is saying that Udeze isn't the best DE in the draft. And if the Vikings picked 1st overall (and couldn't trade down), we would pick him. Do you have any idea how much it would cost to move up to get him though.If he isn't picked by washington or someone else who moves up, he will be picked by either Jacksonville or Houston. Meaning that we would have to move up into a top 8 spot. 19 to 8 is a big jump, and would cost us at least our second and third this year with our 2nd next year (if players are not involved in the trade). You guys are assuming DE is our only need, we can't afford to do that and skip on the chance of picking up a good OLB, CB, WR, OG in the 2nd and third.

If the vikes could find a way to move up on draft day and get him cuz he fell a little (past 10) I would be all for it. Moving into the top 10 is hard as hell though when you got the 19 pick.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

We should also be able to pick up Rashaun Woods somewhere along the line imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Hes the real deal i hope we can get him but I doubt it.

Reshaun Woods likely won't be there in the second round, and I don't think a wide receiver would be a wise draft choice in the first.