We need receivers!

If there is anything we need it's a freaking receiver. If Krob would'nt have been dumb we might be doing better. I think that we need to trade for a receiver.
    And in the draft get Anthony Gonzalez from osu. ;D

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We need receivers!

The Vikes for sure need to address that situation.. The only one we can really rely on is M-Rob.. Taylor fumbles alot, and Williamson seems to be dropping easy passes that could be scores for us.. If it is trading for a different reciever, or our current ones stepping up, we need to do something soon..

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

We need someone to step up, I don't know whats wrong with Troy, sometimes he makes a great catch, but other tiems he drops an easy one.

One of the problems could be that every route that our receivers have to run set them up to get absolutely killed, and they're not totally focused on the ball, or they get hit by 3 guys and fumble(Taylor). We need to change the play calling of our passing game, their aren't even any intermediate routes, just short passes, it's stupid, and makes Brad and the receivers look bad, when really it's the playcalling thats bad.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    The Vikes for sure need to address that situation.. The only one we can really rely on is M-Rob.. Taylor fumbles alot, and Williamson seems to be dropping easy passes that could be scores for us.. If it is trading for a different reciever, or our current ones stepping up, we need to do something soon..
    mrob has been a good target all the years he has been with us. but wouldn't say that taylor fumbles alot, he has 2 this year, but if you watched it yesterday you would know that it was pretty much kicked out of his hands as he was diving for the first down. and really he has been a good target as well, he has been very consistent with only a few drops. but i do agree we do need work at the WR postition

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    We need someone to step up, I don't know whats wrong with Troy, sometimes he makes a great catch, but other tiems he drops an easy one.

One of the problems could be that every route that our receivers have to run set them up to get absolutely killed, and they're not totally focused on the ball, or they get hit by 3 guys and fumble(Taylor). We need to change the play calling of our passing game, their aren't even any intermediate routes, just short passes, it's stupid, and makes Brad and the receivers look bad, when really it's the playcalling thats bad.
    umm not saying that i wouldn't like to see more intermediate routes, but BC told us before that his whole system was based on power running and short passes, so thats what we should expect. and i agree with you about williamson, he still has time to develop into our #1, im not saying it will be this year, but i would say that he probably will turn out to be a good starter.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Prophet Guest

I think it may help if we post at least one new thread every day saying we need WRs.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

UGH.

My doctor said I cannot read a new thread a day about new receivers and that perceived need.

He says I can only read receiver threads with something new to say; he thinks ones with the same opinions should go in the other dozen threads.

Doctor's orders!!