Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: We need a QB

Ranger is offline Coach

Re: We need a QB

You've gotta go with TJ behind center, damnit!
    Lets see what he's got, and let him learn by playing.
    He's had time on the sidelines.
    He has as much time learning BC's method and style of play/coaching as any quarterback we could possibly get.
    Put him out there and let him learn by doing.

If you're worried about his ego, I gotta ask you...do you want a mentally and emotionally fragile quarterback as the face of your franchise?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    YEAH, what's with the TJ haters??? I can understand Childress.. but TJ??? Does anyone remember how Peyton Manning went 3-13 his rookie season??

what about Favre??
    He was in ATL before Greenbay??

Look at Joey Harrington??
    Played crappy in Detroit.. and now he's not playing half bad... He's def. better than the two backups we have... (Not that i want joey on our team, i'm just saying)

Dude has played in about 5 total games in his career and people want to bench/call him a bum..!!!
    Too bad you guys arent GM's for the other 31 teams.. .we'd win super bowls every year...

The jury is still out and will be out atleast another year or two (including this season) before we can come to any type of solid conclusion....
    Although the Colts went 3-13 in his rookie season, Manning's numbers were promising for only a rookie.
    Hell, he threw for over 3,700 yards that year.

What about Favre....what's your point?
    Guy threw 5 passes for Atlanta.
    Have no idea where you are going with this.

I would not jump on the Joey bandwoagon just yet.

So what if people do not like TJack and want him benched, it's a matter of personal opinion.
    After that disasterous last game he played do you blame anybody?
    You are suggesting we give 2 more years at the most?
    And you wanna throw in your little GM analogy on everybody else?
    Funny, really funny.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    YEAH, what's with the TJ haters??? I can understand Childress.. but TJ??? Does anyone remember how Peyton Manning went 3-13 his rookie season??

what about Favre??

Played crappy in Detroit.. and now he's not playing half bad... He's def. better than the two backups we have... (Not that i want joey on our team, i'm just saying)

Dude has played in about 5 total games in his career and people want to bench/call him a bum..!!!
    Too bad you guys arent GM's for the other 31 teams.. .we'd win super bowls every year...

The jury is still out and will be out atleast another year or two (including this season) before we can come to any type of solid conclusion....
    Although the Colts went 3-13 in his rookie season, Manning's numbers were promising for only a rookie.

So what if people do not like TJack and want him benched, it's a matter of personal opinion.
    Funny, really funny.
    i like your little smileys......

This is what is going through all of your mouths......

Pure Jibberish

"bleedpurple" wrote:

what about Favre??

Don't even start this again. Peyton Manning was basically the first over all pick if he wanted to go to SD but he didnt and was a incredibly dominent quarterback in the college level vs TJ a last pick in the second round projected 4th and wasnt even dominent at the I-AA level. Peyton Mannning still put up pretty good numbers. He had 3739 yards and 26 TDs in his rookie year. At TJ's rate he'll get somewhere around 2300 yards (av. 165 yrds*14 games he'll play) and 8 TDs (av. 0.5 TDs*16 games)
    and 35 INTs(av. 2.5INTs *14 games) in his second year. Generous on TD average. I know this doesn't mean much so you dont have to attack me on it but even if he does do substantially better then at this rate its not looking a whole lot like Manning. Manning showed promise to give him more time and you'd take time on this guy. Jackson hasn't showed much promise. I haven't seen any personally. So please seize from trying to compare Peyton Manning to TJ.

http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonmanning/profile?id=MAN515097

And Favre. Very good. He did play for Atlanta before Green Bay. Do you want a cookie? He threw 4 passes there in two games.

http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/careerstats?id=FAV540222

Joey Harrington. YOur not going to have too much luck with that arguement. I can agree with that he looks half decent but 1. no body wants him to looks like Harrington even now. They want him to look 10 times better in a couple years and Harrington took him what six years to get this way. To get half decent. Then why should we start Tarvaris now if we're expecting him to do half decent in 4 years then Im even more angry. Not a very good arguement at all. Im not going to wait 4 years for him to looks like Harrington now and neither is any Tarvaris fan on here. And neither will Wilf.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

what about Favre??

Funny, really funny.
    Perhaps my post could have articulated a little more, but that's all minor details...

MY POINT IS THIS!!!

I'm not saying TJ is Peyton or even close.. but to judge a raw prospect on wins/losses at this point is not fair.. I was comparing in terms of the wins and losses..

The Favre statement comes in where... Do you really think they would have traded Brett if they knew he was going to be that good? or even half as good!!???
    Absolutely not!! He may have thrown 4-5 passes for them, but he was on the team and traded away... So to give up on TJ now, especially with NO better options at QB is stupid!!
    He's going to make mistakes...

SOO, UHH? Didn't ROMO throw 5 picks tho other night?? OK, so I guess by your last game statement if you were a Cowboys fan you'd wanna bench him too?? Keep your day job buddy...

SO to you TJ haters want to go and draft a QB...
    That puts us right back behind the two to three year learning curve again.. That makes no sense...

And the JH comparison, people gave up on him, and he's playing pretty decent... I stated I wouldn't necessarily want him!! But the right type of system and a receiver or two who can catch or get open would help as well...

To throw TJ under the bus after 4 or 5 games is ridiculous..

I'm saying it takes approx. two to three years to find out about a QB in the NFL... roughly...

GM Analogy??? NO!! common sense...

I'm not saying he'll be great.. but alls i'm saying is we just don't know yet... We all knew we were pretty much in a rebuilding year... Let's see what happens...

Would you rather have this guy?

[img width=450 height=578]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/rossela_lita/Milk/2654.jpg[/img]

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718