Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a QB

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: We need a QB

"vikingivan" wrote:
    We have to play TJack the rest of the way.
    Let's see what the kid can do.
    The Vikings starting QB is Tarvaris Jackson.
    That hasn't changed.
    He has been unable to play because of injury.
    Nothing can be done about that.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Passing game non-existent: Ownership finally has to answer for this !!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I have had enough. No more excuses. I just can't hold this in anymore.

The Vikings used to be a PASSING team. We used to have QBs like Culpepper, Moon, Tarkenton, Cunningham, Kramer.

Where are we now ? In the modern NFL, if you can't pass, what are you ? (the answer is, 1-3, and looking at a season that is maybe 3-13). If you can't pass, you can't win. Plain and simple. What we did today was pathetic.

The ownership of this team first sent Moss away, then Culpepper. Then Brad. Then Marcus Robinson (the final guy who could make a passing game work).

What is left ? This is a disaster. I can't hold this back anymore.
    You were soooo close to forming a decent argument.
    Then you completely lose it with that sentence.

Moss was traded under Red.
    NOT Zygi.
    CP forced himself out of town.
    NOT Zygi.
    Brad was given the opportunity to stay as a backup (and would have started the past two games).
    He asked to be cut so he could try and be a starter elsewhere.
    Plus, did you miss last season? BJ wasn't exactly lighting them up...
    Robinson had his own issues, and was not really an asset to the team last year.
    I think we are better with Rice this year, we just need to utilize him as such.

You are right in saying that you cannot win if you cannot pass.
    We need to fix our offense, or we won't win.
    That does NOT mean, however, that the only answer is to go back to the Randy Ratio type of offense.
    That didn't win anything for us either...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I read this on nfl.com
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29248&displayPage=tab_gamecente r&season=2007&week=REG4
    Daunte Culpepper scored his second rushing touchdown of the day, scrambling left for 5 yards and lunging into the pylon to give the Raiders a 21-10 third-quarter lead. Afterwards, Culpeppper pointed to his surgically repaired knee and gave the "OK" signal to the Miami crowd.
    OK, that was pretty funny. ;D
    By the way, the funniest part - the spelling mistake in CP's name was theirs, not mine...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Brooks Bollinger should not even by on this team.
    Kelly Holcomb could not hit Randy Moss for a TD. He is garbage.
    TJ please get well soon so we can at least see if you have what it takes to improve and lead this team.

Purple D is offline Starter

So my whole opinion on this subject is, not many quaterbacks have a very good first go around when they are put in before they are ready.
    Nobody in the front office of the vikings said TJ would be ready right away when they drafted him.
    I believe that childress even said that TJ would probably need two years before he would be ready.
    Am I a TJ fan? Not really.
    Am I ready to say he will never be good?
    Not really.
    Do I think we should have drafted Brady Quinn?
    Only if he would have
    made it to the second round.
    I still am Glad to have AD and Rice rather than Quinn.

I feel alot of the blame for this season's horrible start all comes down to coaching.
    That and maybe spending too much on our Offensive Line.
    I have seen teams that are doing very well with rookie LT tackles this year, that weren't suppose to be as good as Mount Mckinnie was supposed to be.
    The packers have a fairly young Offensive line that outperforms our offensive line.
    Is it the coaching or is it just talent of our players were overrated?

I would like to think that it is neither and we are going to come out of the bye week running our viking mobile on all cylinders.

I can only hope for that though.

Because of things that happened this offseason, we didn't sign Matt Schaub, We named TJ our starter,
    Wilf said he is building for a longterm fix.
    I didn't expect much from this team at the beginning of the season, and I am not going to expect much from them the rest of the season,
    I am still going to put my purple jersey on every Sunday morning, and still root our beloved Vikings on, hoping for a win.
    I believe we have the talent to have a better record this year but some things as fans our out of our control.
    We can only come on here and vent our opinions and share our love for the vikings.

Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

The Vikings used to be a PASSING team. We used to have QBs like Culpepper, Moon, Tarkenton, Cunningham, Kramer.

Where are we now ? In the modern NFL, if you can't pass, what are you ? (the answer is, 1-3, and looking at a season that is maybe 3-13). If you can't pass, you can't win. Plain and simple. What we did today was pathetic.

The ownership of this team first sent Moss away, then Culpepper. Then Brad. Then Marcus Robinson (the final guy who could make a passing game work).

What is left ? This is a disaster. I can't hold this back anymore.
    You were soooo close to forming a decent argument.
    Then you completely lose it with that sentence.

Moss was traded under Red.
    NOT Zygi.
    CP forced himself out of town.
    NOT Zygi.
    Brad was given the opportunity to stay as a backup (and would have started the past two games).
    He asked to be cut so he could try and be a starter elsewhere.
    Plus, did you miss last season? BJ wasn't exactly lighting them up...
    Robinson had his own issues, and was not really an asset to the team last year.
    I think we are better with Rice this year, we just need to utilize him as such.

That does NOT mean, however, that the only answer is to go back to the Randy Ratio type of offense.
    I can't believe there are still people on here that blame the whole Moss thing on Zygi.
    :

10 first downs via the pass, 6 first downs via the run, 4 first downs via penalties on the DB's as they held B-wade.

Although I am not 100% happy I did see some improvement.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Purple" wrote:
    So my whole opinion on this subject is, not many quaterbacks have a very good first go around when they are put in before they are ready.
    Nobody in the front office of the vikings said TJ would be ready right away when they drafted him.
    I believe that childress even said that TJ would probably need two years before he would be ready.
    Am I a TJ fan? Not really.
    Am I ready to say he will never be good?
    Not really.
    Do I think we should have drafted Brady Quinn?
    Only if he would have
    made it to the second round.
    I still am Glad to have AD and Rice rather than Quinn.

I feel alot of the blame for this season's horrible start all comes down to coaching.
    That and maybe spending too much on our Offensive Line.
    I have seen teams that are doing very well with rookie LT tackles this year, that weren't suppose to be as good as Mount Mckinnie was supposed to be.
    The packers have a fairly young Offensive line that outperforms our offensive line.
    Is it the coaching or is it just talent of our players were overrated?

I would like to think that it is neither and we are going to come out of the bye week running our viking mobile on all cylinders.

I can only hope for that though.

Because of things that happened this offseason, we didn't sign Matt Schaub, We named TJ our starter,
    Wilf said he is building for a longterm fix.
    I didn't expect much from this team at the beginning of the season, and I am not going to expect much from them the rest of the season,
    I am still going to put my purple jersey on every Sunday morning, and still root our beloved Vikings on, hoping for a win.
    I believe we have the talent to have a better record this year but some things as fans our out of our control.
    We can only come on here and vent our opinions and share our love for the vikings.

Another very nice post.
    Some of you guys are on a roll today.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Purple" wrote:
    Because of things that happened this offseason, we didn't sign Matt Schaub,
    Minor correction, but it's an important one.
    Matt Schaub did not "sign" with Houston.
    They traded to get him.
    It's not as if the Vikings avoided "signing" Schaub.
    Of course, some wiseguy will try to make the point that the Vikings did not try to trade for Schaub, and I supposed that's legitimate, but as far as I can tell, that was never seriously considered.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:

I disagree.
    The Raiders won yesterday running the ball about 40-45 times and throwing it about 10-15 times (and not particularly effectively).
    The Titans are a running team with a strong defense, and they're doing okay.

In my opinion, the problem isn't as much that we can't pass (though that is a pretty big problem), the problem is that we know we can't pass and we try and do it anyway.
    There are some situations that dictate a pass.
    There are also some situations where we should mix it up, espeically with some play action.
    But over the course of the four games I would rather see our stats saying that we ran the ball 150 times and tossed it 100 times than the other way around.
    I think if that were the case, we'd probably be 3-1 right now.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    Because of things that happened this offseason, we didn't sign Matt Schaub,
    Minor correction, but it's an important one.
    Matt Schaub did not "sign" with Houston.
    They traded to get him.
    It's not as if the Vikings avoided "signing" Schaub.
    Of course, some wiseguy will try to make the point that the Vikings did not try to trade for Schaub, and I supposed that's legitimate, but as far as I can tell, that was never seriously considered.

=Z=
    We tried to get him last year, I am not 100% convinced we didn't again this year.
    Just cause the Chiller and Co. don't let us in on it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As with Holcomb I bet we made an offer and it wasn't high enough what with draft picks being a premium to this staff.

On a side note, I bet we got Holcomb for exactly what we offered at the start of Pre-season.
    When the Iggles didn't get a better offer they gave him to us for that.
    Just my opinion of course.
    ;D

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast