Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: We need to give Koren a shot! ... and my other rants ...

"dlw23" wrote:
    I don't think KRob is THE difference maker, but I think he can be A difference maker. At times today I was wondering if we even had recievers on the field.

We had receivers, CPep didn't find them or was running for his life.

And this isn't a personal attack, but I think the Vikings are trying to give KRob a second chance, so us as fans should refrain from alcohol comments ("Your as drunk as KRob ...") . . . there are more tasteful ways to get the point across. I hope he comes through, which I think he can, and I think he can be a legitimate #1 reciever to take some of that pressure of Burleson, who is more like a solid #2.

You are a wishfull thinker if you think K-Rob will come in and be anything more than our #4 WR at best. He showed up to court drunk. I just think the coaching staff has a lot of other issues to deal with other than a "average" WR with stone hands, sloppy route running, and a degenitive eye. I'm all for 2nd chances, but please pick one that is worth our time.

2nd chances are okay in my book. But when you show up to Court drunk, You have a serious problem that I dont think the coaching staff doesnt have the time to bring him along, you have to admitt they have enough on their plate right now. Now to mention, I watched a lot of Seahags games last year, the guy is not that good. Sloppy routes and bad hands. Come back here and discuss with me after he gets his chance, you will be cussing him out more than I will be.

And I think even the Baltimore D would give up 504 yards to the Bengals (who impressed me a lot today) if they were on the field as much as we were today.
    Being on the field alot is one thing, 504 yds is something all together different. Bad schemeing by cotrell (the "D" looked lost the first half and unprepaired), linebackers out of position and not a presence, blowen coverage by "Vetern" safeties ... I could go on and on. So dont' think the Baltimore "D" would have given up this much yardage if on the field that long, it just wouldn't have happened.

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    K-rob has been learning the offense.. Next week he should be slowly entered into the offense.. I was one of the very few supporters on him so I hope he can do something for us
    I sure hope so. Burleson and K-Rob will be a great set, then bring in T-Tay on 3rd downs, M-Rob in the red-zone (that 2 point conversion TD was nice), and Williamson when we need a deep threat.

Now, it is all on the O-line giving Pep more than 1 second to throw the ball. Not any QB in NFL histroy can do good with a crappy O-line. If they can step it up, expect to see the 04 Culpepper.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Sounds good to me Burley!! And yah the o-line comment couldn't be more true..

dlw23 is offline Waterboy

yeah, I agree we had receivers out there, but CPep was so flustered 'cause our leaky o-line couldn't hold up ... again where I think our o-line is the cause of our probs.

and yes, the Baltimore D comment was a little sarcastic, but I think the fatigue factor was more to blame than being out of position or poor defensive alignments.

On a side note, Winfield can sure tackle and lay on quite a hit.

I'm not throwing in the towel by all means ... I think we will still win the division ... Pack and Lions look terrible, and Orton isn't going to QB the Bears to the division title that's for sure ...

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"dlw23" wrote:
    yeah, I agree we had receivers out there, but CPep was so flustered 'cause our leaky o-line couldn't hold up ... again where I think our o-line is the cause of our probs.

and yes, the Baltimore D comment was a little sarcastic, but I think the fatigue factor was more to blame than being out of position or poor defensive alignments.

On a side note, Winfield can sure tackle and lay on quite a hit.

But not as advertised, his coverage needs some work. Have not been impressed by it that much this year.

I'm not throwing in the towel by all means ... I think we will still win the division ... Pack and Lions look terrible, and Orton isn't going to QB the Bears to the division title that's for sure ...

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

I wanna see what K-Rob can do and although i do miss Dixon, there is one problem with bringing him back. There is word going around that Dave is extremely over weight and im talking about more then before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12