Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dlw23 is offline Waterboy

We need to give Koren a shot! ... and my other rants ...

When Koren is playing, he is a legitimate #1 reciever. A 3 wideout set of KRob, Burleson, and Taylor would be great ... providing KRob is ready to play. Bring in Williamson as a situational reciever to provide a deep threat. Although I think he still looks a little uncomfortable, I saw glimpses of this speed we have all been hearing about.

I think 99% of our problems can be attributed to our shoddy o-line. RB's have no lanes to hit, CPep is under CONSTANT pressure, and because of them we can't sustain a drive, which keeps our D on the field WAY too long, tiring them out and making them vulnerable

I now finally realize how much Birk meant to our team. I knew he was good, but it's night and day with him off the field.

I also agree with those of you who said we should bring Dixon back.

We should also play that center we traded Nat Dorsey for, 'cause I don't think any changes would be a downgrade from what we have had out there.

If our o-line gets settled and consistant, we need to establish the running game better, which will open up things for CPep and our WR's.

Our punter is a stud

I think our defense will be fine, I think fatigue was much to blame

Man I miss the days of Mitch Berger and his guaranteed touchback kickoffs.

Still waiting for Udeze to break out.

I could go on and on, but I just get frusterated thinking about it ...

Thoughts??

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: We need to give Koren a shot! ... and my other rants ...

dont get me wrong i dont like bennett or anything but our o-line needs to start blocking that is where it all starts would that have made daunte not throw 100ints today maybe a couple of them we need protection why dont we bring back dixon he is pretty solid yes birk is huge i did not realize he was that big of a difference though....i also miss the touchbacks....our punter and all other special teams are playing great..........on another positive note has any one else noticed the quality of us tackling players this year

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"dlw23" wrote:
    When Koren is playing, he is a legitimate #1 reciever. A 3 wideout set of KRob, Burleson, and Taylor would be great ... providing KRob is ready to play. Bring in Williamson as a situational reciever to provide a deep threat. Although I think he still looks a little uncomfortable, I saw glimpses of this speed we have all been hearing about.

I think 99% of our problems can be attributed to our shoddy o-line. RB's have no lanes to hit, CPep is under CONSTANT pressure, and because of them we can't sustain a drive, which keeps our D on the field WAY too long, tiring them out and making them vulnerable

I now finally realize how much Birk meant to our team. I knew he was good, but it's night and day with him off the field.

We should also play that center we traded Nat Dorsey for, 'cause I don't think any changes would be a downgrade from what we have had out there.

If our o-line gets settled and consistant, we need to establish the running game better, which will open up things for CPep and our WR's.

Our punter is a stud

Thoughts??

I feel your pain i dont want to even start myt own rant posts, you could publish it it would be so long, GOD!!!!!!!
    grrrrr
    I think you are right though are O-Line is the problem and GRRRRRRRR>>

I cant even type right now im so mad........

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

KRobinson does not know the offense. Give him a week or 2. We are alright. A lot of new pieces.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

K-rob has been learning the offense.. Next week he should be slowly entered into the offense.. I was one of the very few supporters on him so I hope he can do something for us

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

We need this D to gel. We need this O to get its act together. We need this o-line to protect. We need a SPARK! the spark starts with you tice.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"dlw23" wrote:

Your as drunk as KRob is if you think he's the difference maker, mark it down ... and by the way, Tice STILL wants to pound the ball, so wont be that many 3 WR sets. We need to go to a pro set with a fullback to lead and keep kleiny and Wiggi on the field at the same time.

Agree with it all.

Many do miss this fact.

Tice has looked at him, he's 35lbs. over playing weight and way out of shape. I thought he was an option also, but now is not.

He is currently learning the system and recovering from some minor injury, escapes me now.

Still need a feature back that can stay healthy and there isn't always going to be a "huge hole" to run through, so they need to sometimes make their own, or as i said go to the pro set with a full back.

Our punter is a stud

One of the few good moves by Tice and co.

To some degree, i agree with you. But still, 504 yds to the Bengals. There is still lots of work to be done.

We have what we have, need to deal with it i guess.

Hasn't showen me much, he's having a tough time seperating from the o-lineman on him and that is a must.

Thoughts??

donjen95 is offline Rookie

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "dlw23" wrote:

Your as drunk as KRob is if you think he's the difference maker, mark it down ... and by the way, Tice STILL wants to pound the ball, so wont be that many 3 WR sets. We need to go to a pro set with a fullback to lead and keep kleiny and Wiggi on the field at the same time.

Agree with it all.

Many do miss this fact.

Tice has looked at him, he's 35lbs. over playing weight and way out of shape. I thought he was an option also, but now is not.

He is currently learning the system and recovering from some minor injury, escapes me now.

Still need a feature back that can stay healthy and there isn't always going to be a "huge hole" to run through, so they need to sometimes make their own, or as i said go to the pro set with a full back.

Our punter is a stud

One of the few good moves by Tice and co.

To some degree, i agree with you. But still, 504 yds to the Bengals. There is still lots of work to be done.

We have what we have, need to deal with it i guess.

Hasn't showen me much, he's having a tough time seperating from the o-lineman on him and that is a must.

Thoughts??
    If we can't run the ball, it doesn't matter who the receivers are.

dlw23 is offline Waterboy

I don't think KRob is THE difference maker, but I think he can be A difference maker. At times today I was wondering if we even had recievers on the field.

And this isn't a personal attack, but I think the Vikings are trying to give KRob a second chance, so us as fans should refrain from alcohol comments ("Your as drunk as KRob ...") . . . there are more tasteful ways to get the point across. I hope he comes through, which I think he can, and I think he can be a legitimate #1 reciever to take some of that pressure of Burleson, who is more like a solid #2.

And I think even the Baltimore D would give up 504 yards to the Bengals (who impressed me a lot today) if they were on the field as much as we were today.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Atleast K-rob will get open for us constintly and maybe give us a number 1 WR.. K-rob and Burly will be a good tandem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast