Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Like it or not, the Vikings are riding Ponder for at least this next season. Whether that means the Vikings have a losing season or not, they are sticking with him.

The Vikings were a 10 win team this year, and a playoff team this year because of Adrian Peterson. Had AD not had that kind of season, the Vikings were at best a 6-7 win team. Ponder had more bad games than good this year, and certainly didn't win this team games with his arm.

I am not sold on Ponder one bit, but in order to see what he really has, the Vikings ABSOLUTELY need to get some playmakers in at WR next year and beyond. You can't continue to stick a young QB who makes a lot of mistakes out on the field when the best WR option is Michael Jenkins. The Vikings probably had one of the worst WR groups in the entire NFL, yet they were still a 10 win team, and a playoff team because of their stud RB.

Sign/trade for 1-2 WR's, draft another one, and lets see what he has. I would love to see both Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings here along with Harvin. If that happens, we have some nice options. Or if you want a big WR, a slot WR, and a burner WR, keep Harvin, and sign Bowe and Jennings. All I know is that the Vikings need to get off their asses and bring in some real WR's, these Simpson's, Jenkins, and Armoshudo's shit just ain't working.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Better yet, seeing as though Harvin is disgruntled here, trade him to the highest bidder (preferably in the AFC) and sign 2 of Bowe/Jennings/Wallace and keep Wright for the slot. Either way, they need to bring in talent. If they resign Simpson, Jenkins, or Armoshudo, they will clearly send a direct message to this guy, they don't really care much for winning.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That probably has something to do with the fact that 26% of Ponder's passes were thrown behind the LOS. His average pass at that time thru the air was 5 yards.
    You still harping that stat. Guess what, as I've repeatedly told you, that's because his most reliable receiver runs those routes.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Like it or not, the Vikings are riding Ponder for at least this next season. Whether that means the Vikings have a losing season or not, they are sticking with him.

The Vikings were a 10 win team this year, and a playoff team this year because of Adrian Peterson. Had AD not had that kind of season, the Vikings were at best a 6-7 win team. Ponder had more bad games than good this year, and certainly didn't win this team games with his arm.

I am not sold on Ponder one bit, but in order to see what he really has, the Vikings ABSOLUTELY need to get some playmakers in at WR next year and beyond. You can't continue to stick a young QB who makes a lot of mistakes out on the field when the best WR option is Michael Jenkins. The Vikings probably had one of the worst WR groups in the entire NFL, yet they were still a 10 win team, and a playoff team because of their stud RB.

Sign/trade for 1-2 WR's, draft another one, and lets see what he has. I would love to see both Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings here along with Harvin. If that happens, we have some nice options. Or if you want a big WR, a slot WR, and a burner WR, keep Harvin, and sign Bowe and Jennings. All I know is that the Vikings need to get off their asses and bring in some real WR's, these Simpson's, Jenkins, and Armoshudo's shit just ain't working.
    I wanted to add this poster to the "Someone who has a clue" spreadsheet but I couldn't, because he was already on it.

Great post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Purple shades are a bitch....so are stat monkeys who pour over number after number looking for comparisons to HOF players to justify their support of a player who simply isn't performing.

I'm not a big Ponder fan. But, to be fair, I don't know if anyone can succeed with the crap WR corps we have. My personal feeling on this is that until we have some worthwhile receivers, there really isn't a lot of point in tearing up the draft or FA in search of the next QB.

Of course, we'll also need an OC who isn't retarded...

Caine
    OK, I'm getting tired of this.....On my "Those that have a clue" spreadsheet you've been lined out and added 3 times.

Lets get a little more consistency in your posts so I don't have to keep adding and deleting you.

Seriously though, taking Ponder completely out of the discussion for a minute, why oh why is everyone now so fired up about Smith?

If he is as great as our good friend Kevon says he is, why didn't he do well under the other coaches? If its because he needs time to get used to them, doesn't/shouldn't that apply to most young QB's?

Truth is, he has had some pretty good O-coords that couldn't get squat out of him. Why does anyone think our staff can do better than what they've done with a QB that is pretty much the same?

My vote, if I had one is to stick with a QB like Ponder. Get some better weapons around him. That will promote stability that is key to team building and quit all the "He made a bad throw or two" or "He doesn't throw it deep enough for me" crap and let the kid learn. Like it or not, we did win 10 games with him and even though AD should get alot of the credit, young Ponder was looking pretty good when Harvin was tied or leading the league in catches before he went down.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I think our QB prayers have just been answered. I say we step up and grab him before someone else does:

Jamarcus Russell wants to make a comeback | ProFootballTalk

Jamarcus Russell wants to make a comeback

Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Jamarcus Russell is hoping to make a return to the NFL.Seriously.
    Despite still weighing 308 pounds, the former first round pick believes he can make a return to the league. Russell has been working out for the last six weeks in an attempt to get back in shape and return to the football field for the first time since 2009.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think our QB prayers have just been answered. I say we step up and grab him before someone else does:

Jamarcus Russell wants to make a comeback | ProFootballTalk

Jamarcus Russell wants to make a comeback
    Serenity now........

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    With all this talk about FA WR's, we all need to realize that we (we being our front office) can want them all we want, but THEY have to WANT to come to us. Are we that intriguing with Ponder at QB? Just a thought.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Serenity now........
    I think he might be better than Webb

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Serenity now........
    I think he might be better than Webb
    Ah, not with ya there Kevon. Unless he's matured, lost 40 lbs, and miraculously grew credibility and leadership skills... Although, I do get your point!
    Last edited by MaxVike; 01-25-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast