Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We need Alex Smith

Not that My vote counts for anything but I believe the biggest move this team can do in the offseason is to trade for Alex Smith. He was "benched" this season, not because of anything he personally did but because the other QB simply had an ability to put more pressure on a defense. I think Smith has finally gotten it and is a blossoming star at QB.

His stats this season were....

QB rating: 104.1 ( would have put him at 3rd best QB rating in the league)
    Td/Int: 34 tds and 10 ints ( or 3/1 ratio)
    Yards/Attempt: 8.0 yards a pop (Tied for 2nd)
    Completion %: 70% ( 1st in the league)

I know many of you think that these numbers are unusual but last season he had a 90 QB rating, and was pretty consistent except for the TDs. I think he is a better QB than Ponder and possible just as athletic!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Not that My vote counts for anything but I believe the biggest move this team can do in the offseason is to trade for Alex Smith. He was "benched" this season, not because of anything he personally did but because the other QB simply had an ability to put more pressure on a defense. I think Smith has finally gotten it and is a blossoming star at QB.

His stats this season were....

QB rating: 104.1 ( would have put him at 3rd best QB rating in the league)
    Td/Int: 34 tds and 10 ints ( or 3/1 ratio)
    Yards/Attempt: 8.0 yards a pop (Tied for 2nd)
    Completion %: 70% ( 1st in the league)

I know many of you think that these numbers are unusual but last season he had a 90 QB rating, and was pretty consistent except for the TDs. I think he is a better QB than Ponder and possible just as athletic!
    I think you had a typo on the TD number, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I think you had a typo on the TD number, man.
    No... sorry... took his numbers and spread them out over a season.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We need Alex Smith

I think we needed Kaepernick instead of Ponder. Smith gets us only marginally better if at all.

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I don't know about Alex Smith. Compare the numbers from Smith's 16 starts in 2011 (his 6th season) and Ponder's 16 starts this season (his 2nd season) and they're not that different. I think Ponder is turning into someone like Alex Smith. We'd be adding one more "just don't screw it up" quarterback imo.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    No... sorry... took his numbers and spread them out over a season.
    How does 12 TDs in 8 complete games played convert to 34 TDs in a 16 game season

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We need Alex Smith

It does take some liberties. Of course it also might take Ginn,Manningham, Moss and company to get there too.

PutSmith in there throwing to our group and you probably won't be any happier.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I think we needed Kaepernick instead of Ponder. Smith gets us only marginally better if at all.
    They need a guy like Kaepernick but would settle for a guy like Smith.
    Sounds like a formula for eternal mediocracy.

Once your team gets behind, can your QB bring you back to win the game ?
    Right now it doesn't appear so and I don't see Smith as that type of QB either.

Spielman will only be looking for a back up to Ponder so I doubt he will spend much money on a QB.

If Smith is the back up, ok. But I wouldn't be too excited about it improving the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    It does take some liberties. Of course it also might take Ginn,Manningham, Moss and company to get there too.

PutSmith in there throwing to our group and you probably won't be any happier.
    He didn't have Manningham or Moss when he threw for 17 and 5 last season. So if you think Ginn and Crabtree are better than Harvin and Simpson I would have to say its a push. You can then add Gore and Davis and I would take Peterson and Dolph. The true seperation is their OLine and their 3 first rounders. I would say our Oline is steps behind but is getting better.

Smith can hit a down field WR with regularity. He is what we hope Ponder turns into.

Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    How does 12 TDs in 8 complete games played convert to 34 TDs in a 16 game season
    Sorry... I realized my mistake... mixed up my 2011 numbers. He had 13 by the way.
    So its 26 not 34... Sorry.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast