Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

We might be a completely different team next year

The problem now is would you want to come and work for Red? A guy trying to gut and sell the team with a reputation for doing stuff on the cheap. Lack of a full coaching and front office staff. Not spending the money necessary to give you a shot at the ring.

If Red doesn't sell the team before the draft, next season is going to look like this 8/8 season or worse. IMO

WWBGD

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"thepacksux" wrote:
    what makes you think that he will sign with a team that has no chance to win for quite a while, especially when he is one of their very few good players.
    $$$, the chance to be highest paid linebacker ever...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"thepacksux" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Peterson is staying in SF, with their new D coordinater he said that he wants to build D around him and plus julian said he wants to stay in SF.
    Where did u get this information... he was franchised last year and just took a one year contract... what makes you think that he will sign with a team that has no chance to win for quite a while, especially when he is one of their very few good players. They need a complete overhaul on offense starting with the skill positions except rb. right now i think their best player besides rb is newberry at C.
    Can somebody answer this for me: The franchise tag, is it only good for 1 year? Then can they keep applying it every year?

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Peterson is staying in SF, with their new D coordinater he said that he wants to build D around him and plus julian said he wants to stay in SF.
    Where did u get this information... he was franchised last year and just took a one year contract... what makes you think that he will sign with a team that has no chance to win for quite a while, especially when he is one of their very few good players. They need a complete overhaul on offense starting with the skill positions except rb. right now i think their best player besides rb is newberry at C.
    Can somebody answer this for me: The franchise tag, is it only good for 1 year? Then can they keep applying it every year?
    Only good for one year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesFan111" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "thepacksux" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    Only good for one year.
    Actually, I think that they CAN reapply it from year to year, but the salary cap number changes based on what the top five players at the "franchise player's" position make. But don't quote me on this!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

Agree. Let's say we trade Moss for defensive help and draft picks (not that I'm for trading Moss if we don't get a good deal for him). Let Bennett go and have Smith, Moore, and Moe carry the load from the backfield with Smith being the "feature" back. Then, with the FA money sign Plaxico Burress. That way we vastly improve our D, clear up the running back situation and also get a very good deep threat for Pep to throw the ball to, not to mention Nate and Marcus, two very good WR's.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

"wisc vike" wrote:
    not to mention Nate and Marcus, two very good WR's.
    I hate when people say Marcus is a very good WR. I think he is average at best. Gets lucky on deep balls and seems to kind of just not do anything.

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

He did get a bit lost in the shuffle last year.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VikesFan111" wrote:
    "wisc vike" wrote:
    not to mention Nate and Marcus, two very good WR's.
    I hate when people say Marcus is a very good WR. I think he is average at best. Gets lucky on deep balls and seems to kind of just not do anything.
    Agreed, not very impressed last year.

Calmwind is offline Starter

I agree about Marcus. As far as Plaxico goes, i'm not impressed, he had an average year at best! Randy is a deep threat because of speed not his height or catching ability, Burress has minimal speed and catching ability. So if Moss is taken from us Kelly Campbell will have to be that threat untill we land another Moss type in the future.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast