Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

We might be a completely different team next year

Wow what a way we are starting off our offseason. Possible new ownership, maybe a new head coach if the new ownership thinks it's right, possible blockbuster moss trade, possible bennett trade, lots of cap space to sign any FA we want.

I for one am excited about the possibilties of what could happen this offseason(even if I like some players that might be leaving), and who we might have on the field in purple next season. It could be an entirely new D and a new offensive scheme, with a new O-coordinator and possibly no moss.

Buckle up guys, this could be a very bumpy offseason for us. Lets just stay away from the alcohol and bars please!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Re: We might be a completely different team next year

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    . Lets just stay away from the alcohol and bars please!
    [size=7px][/size]

:shock:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

definitely true, which is either really good or really bad

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

"ADubya26" wrote:
    definitely true, which is either really good or really bad

Honestly though, what could all this change hurt?? Right now we are in a rut, of being an average team, year after year, that always seems to underacheive.

Sure, the bad might be a crappy record next year, but is that really worse than winning 9 games and losing in the playoffs again and getting heartbroken? If you don't win the super bowl, the season really doesn't mean anything, especially in todays NFL, where a team can go from worst to 1st in a season.

I for one am looking at a bunch of change as a good thing. Lets get out of this rut of being average all the time, and try to do something to become a super bowl champ, however drastic it is.

true muchluv..sometimes you have to get worse before you get better. It would just be too painful to have to watch us struggle all season!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

I think this offseason stuff is exciting.

"ADubya26" wrote:
    true muchluv..sometimes you have to get worse before you get better. It would just be too painful to have to watch us struggle all season!

Yeah. I am a lakers fan and also agreed that it was time to start over and do something drastic there. This season hasn't been too bad though. They are 21-15 right now, but it will be in the next few years that getting rid of shaq pays off for them.

The question to me becomes, are we willing to possibly suffer through a bad season, to have a shot at be a super bowl caliber team down the road, or will we be happy being average all the time and maybe getting lucky and making it to the super bowl? I don't even neccessarily think we would be that bad nezt season, if all this happened, but I would be willing to take that bad season, if it meant we will become a great team down the road.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "ADubya26" wrote:

Yeah. I am a lakers fan and also agreed that it was time to start over and do something drastic there. This season hasn't been too bad though. They are 21-15 right now, but it will be in the next few years that getting rid of shaq pays off for them.

The question to me becomes, are we willing to possibly suffer through a bad season, to have a shot at be a super bowl caliber team down the road, or will we be happy being average all the time and maybe getting lucky and making it to the super bowl? I don't even neccessarily think we would be that bad nezt season, if all this happened, but I would be willing to take that bad season, if it meant we will become a great team down the road.
    ONLY if it pays off will I be pleased with major changes (e.g., Super Bowl titles, yes plural, ala the Cowboys after the steal they got from us)...if we trade Moss, we have to get a deal similar to what we gave to Dallas for the deal to be palatable...I know that we won't get as sweet a deal, BUT it needs to be pretty sweet at least. Otherwise, we need to go out in FA and buy a Defense and stand pat on offense (remember we get both Kleinsasser and Rosenthal back AND all the RBs healthy for the new season). I don't like thinking that we are in a rebuilding mode...I think with a few upgrades on defense and some better playcalling, we have a shot at the Super Bowl...the only reason for delaying that would be that those who advocate this just want to see a new coaching staff in there in addition to the major change in our personnel that all these moves would mean.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

blackstarz18 is offline Coordinator

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Wow what a way we are starting off our offseason. I for one am excited about the possibilties of what could happen this offseason(even if I like some players that might be leaving), and who we might have on the field in purple next season. It could be an entirely new D and a new offensive scheme, with a new O-coordinator and possibly no moss.

Buckle up guys, this could be a very bumpy offseason for us. Lets just stay away from the alcohol and bars please!
    possibly some new sideline purple cheerers
    "one thing about a birthday suit, it s always in style.
    And if it loses its shape it can be altered"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"blackstarz18" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Wow what a way we are starting off our offseason. I for one am excited about the possibilties of what could happen this offseason(even if I like some players that might be leaving), and who we might have on the field in purple next season. It could be an entirely new D and a new offensive scheme, with a new O-coordinator and possibly no moss.

possibly some new sideline purple cheerers
    In their birthday suits?!?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast