Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Are we making a statement?

How about teams expect us to run the ball.
    these trick plays help to keep them off us.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I hate to disagree with all of you.
    There is only one reason the coaching staff (not just the Chiller) made that call and it wasn't because they are trying to making a statement nor are they trying to give other teams something to think about.........

With the Wildcard race as close as it is there could be some pretty complex tie breaker scenarios.
    In this case, Points come to play someplace in there.

He, just like any team in that position will try to get as many points as they can so that they have the potential to come out on top if possible.
    I disagree with all of you including you too Marrdro but you're close to what I was thinking.

IMO it was the perfect time to try it. No t to win the game or be classless, but just to try it.

Let's say you have this trick play up your sleeve, but don't know how well it will work. What better time to experiment with it & give it a shot when you have a comfortable lead. If it works.......great. If it fails, well no harm is done.

What you have done by trying this, is to prove to yourself that the play will indeed work or it will fail.

Since it was successful, it's another gadget play they can toss in the ole playbook to use at a more critical time in another game.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

The statement they made today was that the Lions can't hang

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    There is only one reason the coaching staff (not just the Chiller) made that call and it wasn't because they are trying to making a statement nor are they trying to give other teams something to think about.........

With the Wildcard race as close as it is there could be some pretty complex tie breaker scenarios.

He, just like any team in that position will try to get as many points as they can so that they have the potential to come out on top if possible.
    I disagree with all of you including you too Marrdro but you're close to wahat I was thinking.

IMO it was the perfect time to try it. No t to win the game or be classless, but just to try it.

Let's say you have this trick play up your sleeve, but don't know how well it will work. What better time to experiment with it & give it a shot when you have a comfortable lead. If it works.......great. If it fails, well no harm is done.

What you have done by trying this, is to prove to yourself that the play will indeed work or it will fail.

Since it was successful, it's another gadget play they can toss in the ole playbook to use at a more critical time in another game.
    and by running that play the other team is now going to have to spend time and practice how to stop it, when they could be practicing other things

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I disagree with all of you including you too Marrdro but you're close to wahat I was thinking.

and by running that play the other team is now going to have to spend time and practice how to stop it, when they could be practicing other things
    And if it works and you score points you are helping your case in a very complex tie breaker scenario.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V4L" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    [quote author=ultravikingfan link=topic=40220.msg683771#msg683771 date=1196638221]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=40220.msg683640#msg683640 date=1196632474]
    Yes we are.. 3 straight

Where's the T-jack haters? 100 plus QB rating the last 3 games

Where's the people saying lets tank the season?

Where's the people saying lets sit AP for the season?
    Mr. Broken Record,

I think most were saying if our season is a wash (as in we lost the last 2 games) that we sit him.
    It's kinda important that you do not leave key details out.

I saw people saying it lately my friend..

Cheers!

Even some of the analysts

Get off my case
    :

Who gives a pooh what analysts think?
    I was talking about people here.

I was talkin about both.. Sorry I didn't specify

Sorry im not ur perfect poster

Sorry ur so on top of everything and are always right

All I was saying is 75 percent of people were saying shut him down for the season

Relax a bit man
    Puleaz.
    Perfect poster retort?
    LOL!

I doubt it was near 75%, more like 50/50.
    And so what if they wanted to sit him.
    I was merely saying you left out a chunk of info and made it sound like people wanted to flat-out sit him when it was if we had lost the 2 while he was out...then sit him.

Carry on son.
    [/quote]

U jump all over everyone when someone leaves out a lil piece of information or a link

No one is perfect around here

I didn't do anything wrong and u come at me calling me a broken record and stuff for no reason when all I said was that AP thing 1 time.. Then I talked about T-jack twice and was carrying on a conversation about it one of the times

No need to call me that

Real cool man.. Real cool

[/quote]

Is it really fair to call out people who thought it would be good benching AD for the rest of the season after he was injured?
    We were looking really bad back then, and some just thought it would be a good idea.
    Just thought you could add some clarification instead of adding them in with the TJ haters; puts such a negative spin on what was a genuine idea to sit him so he does not risk serious injury.

A few weeks ago some members were posting the same darn thing in every thread: Chilly sucks, TJ sucks, Fire Brad, etc.
    So I come on here and read some threads and I see 3 different posts with the TJ haters theme (and yes there were 3 because I just checked).
    The first thing that comes to mind is the people who all they did was repeat the same stuff in every thread; that is why I brought it up.

Are you perfect?
    Hell no.
    Am I?
    Hell no.
    I just think you are better than that bro.
    IMO posting multiple times "Where's the T-Jack haters" is kind of childish.
    While some may be (and probably are) TJ haters, some people have been unfairly labeled as a hater because they were a little harsh in criticizing him.
    I was one of them, but I want him to do good.
    I do not want him to fail and have us suck just so I can be right.
    I want to be wrong.

So, that's all.
    You are a very well spoken individual and your faith in this team is impressive.
    Would just hate to see you sound like some others around here.

And the analyst comment, that was aimed at saying analysts are douche bags (except for Jaws).

Peace.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345