Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Are we making a statement?

    With that last FG fake, I think it's safe to say Chilly is making a statement to the other teams.

    We're back and we are playing on a roll.

    Even attempting a RB pass is showing that we aren't taking any prisoners. What do you guys think? Is this about sending a message now?

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    Of course.
    We are saying we are not going to back down and you'd better watch out because the Vikings will rip you a new asshole.

  3. #3
    tke0933's Avatar
    tke0933 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    402

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    We are giving the rest of the league something to think about.
    Something else to prepare for.
    I like the aggressive style.

  4. #4
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    The trickery was great f*ck 'em they beat us in overtime, and now we are kicking some a'hole
    We are showing we will take a shot at an NFC playoff spot
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  5. #5
    Mikecarter81's Avatar
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    823

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    I agree lets take it too them!
    Lets dictate to other teams for a while.

    Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

  6. #6
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    I don't like it, we were up by 32 there was no need.

  7. #7
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    I don't like it, we were up by 32 there was no need.
    No need?
    Normally, in a regular season i'd agree with you 100%.

    However, not this year.
    This was our 6th home game of the season, even a division game with playoff implications, it was the FOURTH game that we've needed help from our sponsors to avoid a blackout.

    How do you increase ticket sales?
    Make the game exciting.

    Expect the final two games (vs Redskins & Bears) to be sold out, great call by Childress


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  8. #8
    vikingTurf's Avatar
    vikingTurf is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    134

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    "tke0933" wrote:
    We are giving the rest of the league something to think about.
    Something else to prepare for.
    I like the aggressive style.
    Its funny, when pats do it, it's classless, when we do it, we are being aggressive.

  9. #9
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    We are giving the rest of the league something to think about.
    Something else to prepare for.
    I like the aggressive style.
    Its funny, when pats do it, it's classless, when we do it, we are being aggressive.
    Count me among the folks who universally supports this kind of thing - regardless of which team is doing it.
    We've seen a lot of teams come back against teams with big leads - and usually, it's because the team with the big lead gets comfortable and plays too conservatively.
    They abandon the playing style that got them the lead in the first place.

    I'm not saying that you need to play a hurry-up offense when you're up by 4+ scores, but I can see why Childress would go for the fake in that situation - it was a long field goal.
    Sure, you should continue to run the ball, but you have to keep your eyes on the prize and finish the other team off.
    That's not classlessness.
    It's killer instinct.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  10. #10
    vikingTurf's Avatar
    vikingTurf is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    134

    Re: Are we making a statement?

    "BBQ" wrote:
    "vikingTurf" wrote:
    "tke0933" wrote:
    We are giving the rest of the league something to think about.
    Something else to prepare for.
    I like the aggressive style.
    Its funny, when pats do it, it's classless, when we do it, we are being aggressive.
    Count me among the folks who universally supports this kind of thing - regardless of which team is doing it.
    We've seen a lot of teams come back against teams with big leads - and usually, it's because the team with the big lead gets comfortable and plays too conservatively.
    They abandon the playing style that got them the lead in the first place.

    I'm not saying that you need to play a hurry-up offense when you're up by 4+ scores, but I can see why Childress would go for the fake in that situation - it was a long field goal.
    Sure, you should continue to run the ball, but you have to keep your eyes on the prize and finish the other team off.
    That's not classlessness.
    It's killer instinct.
    I am not saying its classless either, I love it. I just want to reach out to hypocrits who said pats were classless and what not for running up the score.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings Make A Statement
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
  2. Linebacker Henderson making a definitive statement
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 12:13 PM
  3. Kick azz Vikings statement!
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 09:30 AM
  4. Official Red Statement
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 01:57 PM
  5. vikings need to make a statement............
    By vikingtim in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 09:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •