Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LJOHNSON26 is offline Training Camp

Re: We have dishonesty among our ranks

Even Tice said:

"I didn't get a chance to savor the victory very long, but I'm the one that's been saying, 'Sooner than later,' so I guess (Zygi) took that as 'As Soon As Possible.'"

Tice is ok with Wilf giving him what he asked for. So should we be. Go Ziggy! Keep up the extraordinary work. Hopefully he'll be just as decisive on additional team upgrades. After being mired in the world of Red McComb's indecision, it is refreshing to find an owner who seems to actually care about the good of the team. I don't consider his actions a mistake by a rookie owner. It was done professionally, one on one with Tice as even Tice commented on it.

If Wilf can continue to strengthen the team by shoring up the defense, and getting a better O-line, along with a first rate coach, I think we'll all be happy with him. Not to mention, due to his real estate development prowess, he's the first owner to propose an idea for a stadium that didn't feel like a pure hand-out. By developing the property around the stadium,he can get his benefits in revenue sources that do not directly require as much state subsidization.

This feels like an owner with a long term plan for keeping the team in Minnesota...profitably with a better chance to get to the Super Bowl.

I for one am crossing my fingers and wishing him good luck.
    Packers Suck.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"LJOHNSON26" wrote:
    Even Tice said:

"I didn't get a chance to savor the victory very long, but I'm the one that's been saying, 'Sooner than later,' so I guess (Zygi) took that as 'As Soon As Possible.'"

Tice is ok with Wilf giving him what he asked for. So should we be. Go Ziggy! Keep up the extraordinary work. Hopefully he'll be just as decisive on additional team upgrades. After being mired in the world of Red McComb's indecision, it is refreshing to find an owner who seems to actually care about the good of the team. I don't consider his actions a mistake by a rookie owner. It was done professionally, one on one with Tice as even Tice commented on it.

If Wilf can continue to strengthen the team by shoring up the defense, and getting a better O-line, along with a first rate coach, I think we'll all be happy with him. Not to mention, due to his real estate development prowess, he's the first owner to propose an idea for a stadium that didn't feel like a pure hand-out. By developing the property around the stadium,he can get his benefits in revenue sources that do not directly require as much state subsidization.

This feels like an owner with a long term plan for keeping the team in Minnesota...profitably with a better chance to get to the Super Bowl.

I for one am crossing my fingers and wishing him good luck.
    Please take a look at this situation a little more closely. You should be congratulating Tice on handling this whole situation so well whether you like the guy or not. No matter how "fast" Tice wanted to know the answer this couldnt mean before he got out of the locker room after the game. Why are you praising the owners for going against their word of handling this situation on monday. And what did the team miss out on if Wilf would have waited 18 hours? This was completely uncalled for.

What Wilf's next hiring going to be like? Will he meet them at mid field while the teams are shaking hands right after the game so Wilf can fire him infront of both teams and the media. Why not it will save him time on having to address the team and the media seperately?!

I like Wilf and do think he is going to make this one of the best orgainzations in football. But this is what I am afraid of in getting rid of Tice. If we bring in someone with out NFL head coaching experience we are going to have a "growing" peroid just like we experienced on sunday with our new owner. But with where this team is at right now we have a window to get this group to their full potential and a new HC with zero experience is going to have a hard time doing that.

I really want to chalk this up to him being a new owner and just making a "rookie" mistake. I'm really scared to see what else is going to happen if this is really the way he intends on doing business. :???:

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Thank God it's over. I don't care how Ziggy delivered it.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

"midgensa" wrote:
    Hey Jerry Jones has three rings on his fingers, if Zygi wants to dip his hands and comes away with three rings I am more than happy with that.
    nice post mid.

Go vikes!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't agree with the way Wilf went about the firing, but why beat around the bush I guess. I really don't like the way he did it, through a press release and the timing wasn't the greatest but I guess it had to be done.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Please take a look at this situation a little more closely. You should be congratulating Tice on handling this whole situation so well whether you like the guy or not. No matter how "fast" Tice wanted to know the answer this couldnt mean before he got out of the locker room after the game. Why are you praising the owners for going against their word of handling this situation on monday. And what did the team miss out on if Wilf would have waited 18 hours? This was completely uncalled for.
    Show us the quote where Wilf said it would be on Monday. My impression is that it is the press that assumed it would happen Monday and they are surprised that they got it wrong like the press so often does. :razz:

WWBGD

LJOHNSON26 is offline Training Camp

We are very lucky to have a new owner that gives a crap about the team's success versus the previous one who just wanted to save money, line his pockets with profit and sell the team for a substantial gain. Everyone should be appaluding Wilf for being decisive, cutting lose a crummy coach and moving forward. Thank you Wilf for doing the right thing.

And one more thing. If you want to pay me $1,000,000/year for being a .500 coach, I will gladly take it. And you won't see me crying when I deservedly get canned for being a crappy coach. That's why I find it difficult to whine over Tice. He was playing with the big boys. He failed miserably. He walked away with around $2.5 million for his 3 years.

Poor baby.
    Packers Suck.

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

I love it. Start the transformation process now - immediately. Clean out the crap. Quick making excuses. Get down to work.

We are getting a jump on the other teams. Burn up the phones and get in touch with all your "A" list guys NOW before someone else grabs or resigns them.

Tice learned a lot and will probably be a top flight coach in the future - who knows maybe even back at Minnesota - but we want a Championship NOW!!

No more excuses. We've waited since day one. Let's finally close the deal!!!!!!!!!!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Do you think Tice will get a chance to be a head coach somewhere else in the NFL? Even though I like the guy I don't think he will be.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LJOHNSON26" wrote:
    And one more thing. If you want to pay me $1,000,000/year for being a .500 coach, I will gladly take it. And you won't see me crying when I deservedly get canned for being a crappy coach. That's why I find it difficult to whine over Tice. He was playing with the big boys. He failed miserably. He walked away with around $2.5 million for his 3 years.

Poor baby.
    There are 15 teams that finished with less than a .500 record. 14 of them finished with a 6-10 record or worse.

And I'll bet damn near everyone of those HC's, if not all, made more than Tice did.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast