Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: We have dishonesty among our ranks

Green went to the Cards not a top notch operation lately, if Tice went to the Saints (another goof ball owner) who do have an opening it could spell his doom.

I hope that doesn't happen, it would be nice if Mike got a OC position with a strong contender and got to learn a little more before moving on to a new head coaching job.

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not real excited about the whole rebuilding idea now either.
    i bet the bucs were thinking the same thing when they canned Dungy then won the super bowl the next year...man that musta been horrible...^^

peace...
    Gruden took a team that Dungy built, added a little more offense & won the superbowl.

I give a lot of credit to Dungy for building that team. Just as he is doing with the Colts.
    uh..i'd be happy with a Super Bowl win...i could care less if the current coach or previous coach "built" the team...unless your a new team every coach that has won a super bowl has inherated some players from past coaches...last i checked dungy didnt draft peyton or edgerin or harrison...

peace...
    peace...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    i bet the bucs were thinking the same thing when they canned Dungy then won the super bowl the next year...man that musta been horrible...^^

peace...
    Gruden took a team that Dungy built, added a little more offense & won the superbowl.

I give a lot of credit to Dungy for building that team. Just as he is doing with the Colts.
    uh..i'd be happy with a Super Bowl win...i could care less if the current coach or previous coach "built" the team...unless your a new team every coach that has won a super bowl has inherated some players from past coaches...last i checked dungy didnt draft peyton or edgerin or harrison...

peace...
    But Indy wasn't winning with them either. Dungy bolstered the "O", then put ina "D" to go with it.

Yes, all coaches get a few players from the previous guy...but Gruden got an ENTIRE TEAM!!!. Big difference.

Caine

SWAYZE74 is offline Starter

"Caine" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "SWAYZE74" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:

peace...

peace...
    But Indy wasn't winning with them either. Dungy bolstered the "O", then put ina "D" to go with it.

Yes, all coaches get a few players from the previous guy...but Gruden got an ENTIRE TEAM!!!. Big difference.

Caine
    who cares how gruden won the super bowl...gruden has a ring right? i doubt the bucs fans sit around and argue about "Dungy this..and Gruden that..." they probably just say they won the big one..would you be all sad if the next coach came in and won the SB in his first year here? i doubt it...

peace...
    peace...

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Swayze74, I have no idea how the buc's fans feel, but, personally I cringe that Gruden won a superbowl with a team that Tony built. Will Gruden do well? Hard to say. The team Gruden "built" in Oakland has tanked hard.

Tony has no worries, he is a great coach, and was all along. Similar to Tice. Someone can come in and win the superbowl with the team that Mike built....but the odds are far away against it.

I love this thread for one reason only. It has caused Caine to name our past owner by name, several times...heheheheheheh. When Caine has concerns with our owner, it raises red flags with me also. He is sharp on seeing what is there and happens. I hope Wilf hires a GM (Why not Brzenzky[sp]??) and leaves well enough alone. I am scared, atm.

How about name some coaches that sucked and do good now? Parcells, Belicheck, Caroll, Shanahan. The list goes on and on and on. Any bets that Tice becomes our Shannahan? The Raider's must love getting their butts handed to them by Denver and their X-Coach almost every year. Hmmmmm, does Al Davis = Wilf? I hope not.

How will our new GM draft? Tice was AWESOME, mind you he had help. Brezinsky and staff rule. Will they now? Time will tell. The only bet I have on this is that if they draft who they should, winter park will boo. If everyone cheers, ....look out.

I am positive that Fassel will be Zygi's man. That really scares me. If we have a new OC (we didn't have one last year), DC, Special teams coach, GM, QB (judging from the rumors that are far too persistant...just like with Randy), and head coach, we are looking at an 8-8 season being overachieving.

Long run? Well, as I see things now, thats what we have to look forwards to. I hope not. I hope the new coach can take the team that Mike built to the 'bowl. Optimism out of the way, guess we getta wait and see who it is, what they do in the offseason and draft, and hope from there. I am in a way glad the offseason is here, gonna be a fun and wild ride again, it appears.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910