Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

We have dishonesty among our ranks

Sorry I got to rant...

I thought the action towards Coach Tice by Wilf were completely classless act. I still feel that our word is the greatest bond we have, because its personal, so by that way of thinking. If you state your going to meet with the man on monday to talk about his job, you do that regardless of what thoughts you've had. I don't know what the rules of etiquette are in the big apple, but that crap doesn't fly here in the midwest.

I think that people lead by example. This means that if you wish to have a class organization, that class needs to start at the top. The dishonest actions perhaps showed a real glimpse of your persona. If this is the kind of leadership you have, then I have one statement.
    Kettle = black Mr. Owner

Thanks everyone for listening Rant off

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: We have dishonesty among our ranks

Sorry you feel this way.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

LJOHNSON26 is offline Training Camp

From a Viking Update article dated 12/12/05:

“The indications are what he’s communicated to you (media) people that he’s going to make the decision after the season,� Tice said of Wilf. “Hopefully, it’s sooner than later because of the nature of the beast.�

“I don’t know what Mr. Wilf is basing his decision on,� said Tice, whose team will close the regular season Sunday against Chicago. “He might have already made his decision. I don’t know. I would be a liar if I said the only thing on my plate right now is beating the Bears. I have children, a life and a wife, and it also is my job to make sure everyone doesn’t walk around depressed in this building including coaches and their families. ... The reality of it is the season for us officially ends Sunday.�

Wilf gave Tice what he requested...a speedy resolution to the issue. I commend Wilf for not leaving Tice hanging. Wilf is trying to improve his property...not damage it. And getting rid of Tice was a very smart move and done very appropriately...except in the eyes of the Tice apologists who somehow think 9-7 was an acceptable season.
    Packers Suck.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think this was a malicious act by Zygi. Tice said in his interview that Wilf was very emotional when he told him of the decision too, so you know that Zygi cares. I just think that it was a genuine, rookie mistake by a brand new owner.

SJHILL is offline Starter

Well, like some people have stated already: Tice wanted to know after the game, because he probably just wanted to get the weight off his shoulders.

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

"LJOHNSON26" wrote:
    From a Viking Update article dated 12/12/05:

“The indications are what he’s communicated to you (media) people that he’s going to make the decision after the season,� Tice said of Wilf. “Hopefully, it’s sooner than later because of the nature of the beast.�

“I don’t know what Mr. Wilf is basing his decision on,� said Tice, whose team will close the regular season Sunday against Chicago. “He might have already made his decision. I don’t know. I would be a liar if I said the only thing on my plate right now is beating the Bears. I have children, a life and a wife, and it also is my job to make sure everyone doesn’t walk around depressed in this building including coaches and their families. ... The reality of it is the season for us officially ends Sunday.�

Wilf gave Tice what he requested...a speedy resolution to the issue. I commend Wilf for not leaving Tice hanging. Wilf is trying to improve his property...not damage it. And getting rid of Tice was a very smart move and done very appropriately...except in the eyes of the Tice apologists who somehow think 9-7 was an acceptable season.
    true, right on point. i still think the media leaked it though, i don't think zygi would do something like that. either way, tice leaving the team is in its best interest.

mikecarter81 - sorry you feel that way, we're all in for a wild off season

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I saw a live interview of tice saying he would've liked more time to enjoy the victory and that it was surprising to get the news so soon. He had to call his wife on the phone and tell her rather than being able to talk about it to his family in person. You could see that he was upset over it.
    ;-)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i guess tice will be able to sleep knowing that he doesnt have anywhere to go in the morning. i dont think he would ahve slept at all if he had to wait till the morning.

but i do agree in the fact that he should have waited till that morning meeting.
    We're bringing purple back.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

While I agree with Mikecarter81 that the timing was horrible and in VERY poor taste, I find that I am more shocked by the decision itself than by the timing.

As I've said before, I don't see anyone out there - either now or "on the bubble" - that I like better than Tice (so long as he was given an new staff)...

...however,

ESPN Radio (I had to listen to SOMETHING on the 4 1/2 hour drive home from the game) brought up an interesting idea. They speculated that the firing had less to do with Tice's performance and capability, and more to do with Wilf's desire to have HIS guy in place. And this got me to thinking, what if Wilf turns out to be more of a Jerry Jones owner than we anticipated? What if instead of simply signing checks and bringing in talent, Zygi actually wants to dip his fingers into the TEAM itself?

After all, if you owned a race car, wouldn't you want to drive it? Just once or twice?

What we DON'T need is a "Yes Sir" Coach brought in (ala Barry Switzer was in Dallas). We need a guy who can run the team...and who is allowed to do so.

Needless to say, a bunch of warning flags just went up, and I will pay very close attention to what happensin the ensuing 9 months.

Caine

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

You know you all make good points. I guess my thought was, hey give the dude a little time to collect his thoughts, enjoy the victory, and let the season sink in. I'm also upset because I liked Tice and figured if you give 13 years for an organzation it should mean you have a little time to settle up things before being shown the door.

Ok, that being said I think this is the right move for the vikings. Tice is a good guy, but he might not be the answer here in Minnesota.

thanks all for listening and giving your opinion.

Mike

P.s. Caine you just scared me!
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast