Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: We had the game and blew it...twice.

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Bring on TJ please.
    Yes, please.
    Bring on the rookie who has no clue how to play the pro game (and a hurt knee) because he'd do so much more reading the defenses than the 15-year veteran.

Are you frigging kidding me?
    I'm just dumbfounded by how idiotic it is to call for the unproven (AND HURT) rookie from a DIVISION I-AA school.
    Just amazing, really.

=Z=
    No lets just settle on field goals all year once we hit the red zone.
    There is a reason johnson came to mn as a back up.
    I dont want a qb that shys away from making a play.
    Why the hell do you need to call me an idiot for an opinion i make?
    Real big man you are to disallow someones thoughts.
    Maybe i am just like the rest of the world, I am against mn sports because i have a different view.
    idiot, uh-huh-huh thanks for the comp mike tice
    What possible evidence do you have that Tarvaris Jackson would be able to put the ball into the end zone?
    Really.
    Let's hear it.

=Z=
    Our QB has 1 td pass, our O has not scored a TD in 10 quarters.
    Someone brought up a good point to me, if DC was running this O and the results were all the same, same stats, same turnovers, same everything by both QB's, the bench DC rant would be flying.
    But with johnson people talk about good choices.
    Good choices sometimes takes risk for 7 instead of 3.
    We lost because we never even attempted to throw the ball in the end zone.
    Not once in four quarters of football.
    The funny thing about this, the D has made it where the vikings could/should be 3-0, the O has made it to where the vikings could/should be 1-2.
    Johnson is not capible of running this offence to where we score points.
    I do not like watching 30 yard field goals, we will not win many games if all we do is settle for 3.
    The QB needs to take a shot not just dump it off to make sure he completes a certan percentage of his passes.
    You need to take a risk at QB to score points, he is not. He freezes up when we get in the red zone.
    Dont give me thats what the play is because he can change the play.
    My concerns of johnson before the season started are coming true, he is average.
    I hope TJ is coming along faster than anticipated, with johnson this O will not accomplish much.
    Points matter more than completion percentages.
    7 points in 3 games is terrible
    You republican whore!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Bring on TJ please.
    Yes, please.
    Bring on the rookie who has no clue how to play the pro game (and a hurt knee) because he'd do so much more reading the defenses than the 15-year veteran.

I'm just dumbfounded by how idiotic it is to call for the unproven (AND HURT) rookie from a DIVISION I-AA school.
    Just amazing, really.

=Z=
    Maybe i am just like the rest of the world, I am against mn sports because i have a different view.
    What possible evidence do you have that Tarvaris Jackson would be able to put the ball into the end zone?
    Really.
    Let's hear it.

=Z=
    Our QB has 1 td pass, our O has not scored a TD in 10 quarters.
    Someone brought up a good point to me, if DC was running this O and the results were all the same, same stats, same turnovers, same everything by both QB's, the bench DC rant would be flying.
    But with johnson people talk about good choices.
    Good choices sometimes takes risk for 7 instead of 3.
    We lost because we never even attempted to throw the ball in the end zone.
    Not once in four quarters of football.
    The funny thing about this, the D has made it where the vikings could/should be 3-0, the O has made it to where the vikings could/should be 1-2.
    Johnson is not capible of running this offence to where we score points.
    I do not like watching 30 yard field goals, we will not win many games if all we do is settle for 3.
    The QB needs to take a shot not just dump it off to make sure he completes a certan percentage of his passes.
    You need to take a risk at QB to score points, he is not. He freezes up when we get in the red zone.
    Dont give me thats what the play is because he can change the play.
    My concerns of johnson before the season started are coming true, he is average.
    I hope TJ is coming along faster than anticipated, with johnson this O will not accomplish much.
    Points matter more than completion percentages.
    7 points in 3 games is terrible
    Purple Ride, I'm starting to see you really don't know how the game of football is managed.
    No offense intended!
    I will agree with you that they could be taking more risks and throwing the ball in the endzone.
    That's a very valid point.
    However, Childress is calling the plays.
    Yes, BJ can check off and call an audible but he is to do that only when he sees something in the defense that is presented to him.
    Do you know 100% that Childress even allows audibles in the redzone?
    Let me know.
    If you do maybe you ought to talk to Childress himself.

BJ is a good QB whether you like it or not.
    I am also angry that we are only scoring FGs instead of TDs.
    But you don't know enough about the situation to tell others how bad BJ is.
    He's been a winner wherever he has played and is one of the most under-rated QBs in the game.
    Why don't you talk about how he drove the team down field in the first 2 games when the game was on the line?
    The fact is we have played 3 of the best defenses in the league.
    Buffalo's defense is no pushover either and we have them next week.
    You can say the same about all the opposing QBs we've played.
    QBs such as Brunell and Delhome.
    It wasn't like they scored a bunch of TDs either.
    Nor did Grossman (who had a 128 QB rating before this game) for that matter.

Del Rio Guest

I'll call bullshit on the assumption that people would be calling for Daunte to be benched. If he had the exact same stats as Brad does now no one would be calling for his head.

The problem is he doesn't have those stats, nor did he when he was struggling his stats were more along the lines of 2int's and 2 fumbles per game. If Brad was fumbling and throwing the ball away hand over fist he would be yelled at by fans.

He isn't handing the game over for us though. Daunte was. That is the difference and that is why it is utter bullshit. If Daunte was NOT turning the ball over and had the stats Brad has he would be fine, very few would be calling him out.

Pick a different angle.

Prophet Guest

"Del" wrote:
    I'll call kaka del toro on the assumption that people would be calling for Daunte to be benched. If he had the exact same stats as Brad does now no one would be calling for his head.

The problem is he doesn't have those stats, nor did he when he was struggling his stats were more along the lines of 2int's and 2 fumbles per game. If Brad was fumbling and throwing the ball away hand over fist he would be yelled at by fans.

He isn't handing the game over for us though. Daunte was. That is the difference and that is why it is utter kaka del toro. If Daunte was NOT turning the ball over and had the stats Brad has he would be fine, very few would be calling him out.

Pick a different angle.
    I thought this was already settled.
    Some Daunte crotch sniffers assume that if you don't think Daunte was a hero you automatically assume BJ is a hero.
    I'm of the heroless brand of fans.
    Screw them all unless they prove otherwise.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I'll call kaka del toro on the assumption that people would be calling for Daunte to be benched. If he had the exact same stats as Brad does now no one would be calling for his head.

He isn't handing the game over for us though. Daunte was. That is the difference and that is why it is utter kaka del toro. If Daunte was NOT turning the ball over and had the stats Brad has he would be fine, very few would be calling him out.

Pick a different angle.
    I thought this was already settled.
    Some Daunte crotch sniffers assume that if you don't think Daunte was a hero you automatically assume BJ is a hero.
    I'm of the heroless brand of fans.
    Screw them all unless they prove otherwise.
    I think we all thought it was settled but some people still ride the Daunte train and saying Daunte gets no respect while we are giving Brad more than he deserves.
    The bottom line is BJ gets less respect than he deserves.
    Del Rio is correct.
    Daunte did have the habit of giving the game away.
    BJ doesn't have that habit.
    He may throw a bad pass or two but the job gets done.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Brad is doing just fine!Its the penealties and the 3 top ten defenses we have played against.Brad is doing what he has always done,protect the ball.All the promising drives were ended by turnovers and penalties!There was the call on t-will when he hauled in that 40 yarder that was called back and then there was travis taylor catching a 20 something yards pass into bears territory and fumbling it away.And then there is that fumble that gave the game away which was the guards fault.Give brad a break he has yet to play a weak defense

VikLloyd is offline Training Camp

ok seriously this conversation is ridiculous you cannot compare daunte and brad because they are obviously completely different and to say brad doesnt take risks now if he takes that risk throws to an UNOPEN reciever in the endzone then you complain more and say ohh hes terrible bad decisions get him outta there so it makes no sense you know im a fan on Minnesota and im from Pittsburgh home of the superbowl champs and lemme tell you how bad people are bad mouthing roethlisberger right now just as they did with maddox and kordell back in the day you cannot let one loss persuade you into wanting change, our defense is playing great and mark my words our offense will explode its just takin a lil longer than expected.
    T-Jack is a god!!!!!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Bring on TJ please.
    Yes, please.

Just amazing, really.

=Z=
    Yeah...and that reason is that the rest of the league doesn't value a QB that isn't flashy...but that can lead good teams to wins and even to winning Super Bowls (Trent Dilfer and even Roethlisberger, come to mind).
    Teams forget about how steadiness wins championships...heck, Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Dilfer and they immediately dropped him for an unproven Redman...three or four QBs later, they are still trying to dig out of the hole that stupid move put them in (and look at who they brought in to save their offense, a cagey vet, Steve McNair).

Don't dis Brad...he will always have us in a position to win...yes, he won't win games by himself...but he won't LOSE them by himself (like Pep did) either!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Hey, lets just crab a handful of warm monkey dung...throw it against the wall and hope it sticks.

Or, some can just stand up....bend over...place your hands behind your buttocks...and proceed to remove your cranium from your rectum.
    It's that fricken easy.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678