Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: We had the game and blew it...twice.

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "Redmption" wrote:
    What killed the game was the poor officiating. What was that call on Williamson for PI, or how about the several non calls on the Bears for holding. Late flags all game after the plays were over...
    Childress did call some terrible series and the last play of the game was just dumb. Hopefully the Seakhawks beat them next week and the Vikes bounce back with a win
    Well with how good Seattle looks, I hope so, we need someone to step up and beat the Bears now.

EDIT: Why is this in Help!! section...
    My guess is because our offense needs help scoring a TD

Aside from our first drive in games the O can't get a major

The O line has some heavy money in it and I was expecting to see them grow faster, granted we have faced great D lines. But the offense needs to score not just special teams and defense.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

good question, should be moved; but sersously, ik it shoudl have been our game.. but this goes to prove that we have something this year, this SHOULD HAVE been, our 3rd consecutive win against a 2005 playoff team

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Einar is offline Rookie

Today's game, in a nutshell descibes my nearly 40 years of being a Vikings fan.
    I'm not a negative person at all, but it seems as though the Vikings always find a way to disappoint me right when I feel things are going well.

If there are any Monty Python fans out there, I feel as though I'm trapped in the Deja Vu epsiode when it come to the Vikings.

SKOL VIKES!
    I was brain-washed as a child into becoming a Viking fan in Ohio of all places.

sweetness34 is offline Rookie

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Ok this game lived up to the nail biting expectations...we all saw the real Grossman, he makes bad decisions under pressure, most of what he did vs the Lions and Pack was a fluke. Fortunatly for him we found everyway to give them the game and they made the most of it.

The 2 and 8 to pass was suspect, the play call on 4th and 2 was the worst call i've ever seen, that's like using a 180LB WR at tailback in the goaline...you just don't do it. Whomever is calling the plays needs to hand over the reigns to someone else cause we just gave the Bears the game.

The Bears didn't deserve this win, they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves, again.
    to be quite honest the vikes got 10 points off turnovers to the bears 7 points. I'd have to say the bears 'gave' more to the vikings.
    As for the 4th down play i totally agree. I was shocked at that play call.

I have been disapointed this year on the readyness of johnson to settle for a field goal.
    Today we lost because of it.
    I do think he can try to force a pass from time to time to get seven instead of 3 every time.
    The red zone give ups will kill this team every time they play a quality team.
    And why the heck can he not throw the ball 3 yards to save a intent grounding.
    I will place this loss on johnson, his bad decisions in the red zone, if he would have lobbed the ball an extra three yards, Jimmy K would have had a first down, instead he throws it out of bounds.
    His terrible throw on fourth and two, and his attempted hand off at to chester taylor that ended up losing the game.
    There is a reason he makes 1.2.
    Bring on TJ please.
    You republican whore!

Prophet Guest

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    I have been disapointed this year on the readyness of johnson to settle for a field goal.
    Today we lost because of it.
    I do think he can try to force a pass from time to time to get seven instead of 3 every time.
    The red zone give ups will kill this team every time they play a quality team.
    And why the heck can he not throw the ball 3 yards to save a intent grounding.
    I will place this loss on johnson, his bad decisions in the red zone, if he would have lobbed the ball an extra three yards, Jimmy K would have had a first down, instead he throws it out of bounds.
    His terrible throw on fourth and two, and his attempted hand off at to chester taylor that ended up losing the game.
    There is a reason he makes 1.2.
    Bring on TJ please.
    TJ is out.
    I'm glad an L finally came our way so you could unleash your bring on TJ post.
    Painfully simplistic view.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

BJ is the only thing on the vikings offense thats actually knows how to play....look at what the OLINE gives him and all the dropped passes...and stupid play calling...none of it is his fault...he figured if grossman can intentionally ground the ball, why cant he?

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

UMMMMMMMM HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO
    A) TJ is out (just had surgery or having surgery)
    B) Bollinger is #2 for a reason RIGHT NOW --even b4 the injury to TJ
    C) TJ is NOWHERE ready IMO

-------I am truly glad we got an awakening maybe losing the game sucks but really..........................Wash, Car, and Chicago all playoff teams last year because of DEFENSE.............and guess what we are 2-1 and this was a reality check for everyone BJ IS THE MAN NOW like it or not he VERY seldomly makes mistakes..........phew..... Thank You I needed that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prophet Guest

"CCthebest" wrote:
    BJ is the only thing on the vikings offense thats actually knows how to play....look at what the OLINE gives him and all the dropped passes...and stupid play calling...none of it is his fault...he figured if grossman can intentionally ground the ball, why cant he?
    WTP called it.
    CCthebest will resurface with a vengeance after the first loss.
    You hate BJ and you hate Childress.
    Most of us know that.
    This was a hard fought game and a turnover decided the game, not too surprising.

Deronn is offline Starter

I don't think anyone is "settling for FG's." That just happens to be the only way the offense can score right now. Penalties, not BJ, are killing our drives. We move the ball when everyone does what they are supposed to do -only to bring it right back when someone does something dumb.

This would happen no matter who was at QB

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast