Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

We had the game and blew it...twice.

Ok this game lived up to the nail biting expectations...we all saw the real Grossman, he makes bad decisions under pressure, most of what he did vs the Lions and Pack was a fluke. Fortunatly for him we found everyway to give them the game and they made the most of it.

The 2 and 8 to pass was suspect, the play call on 4th and 2 was the worst call i've ever seen, that's like using a 180LB WR at tailback in the goaline...you just don't do it. Whomever is calling the plays needs to hand over the reigns to someone else cause we just gave the Bears the game.

The Bears didn't deserve this win, they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves, again.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

Re: We had the game and blew it...twice.

I hated the play calling on the last two series that the Vikings offense had. After Moore got the first down our play calling stank. We ran the ball on 1st got 2 yards and then threw the ball when we were trying to run down the clock. Then on 3rd and long we ran another draw play that ended up being the fumble that gave the bears the lead. The last possesion we had was equally as horrible in play calling. Williamson should have come down with that ball but he didn't. Then we call a inside handoff on 3rd and long. We get 6 yards and it comes down to a 4th and 2. On 4th down we try a fade route?!?

Also what has really been upsetting is all our penalities. What happened to the well disicplined team that we were putting out there during preseason?

Thanks Josdin

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

what do you mean again.?..this is the first time this season where we made some mistakes when the game was on the line...

we had the game all but wrapped ...then hutch and birk (our best oline members) let olendouyer? through to swat the handoff away from chester taylor.
    our bext oline players only had to let up once and pooof...
    there goes the game.

on the bears TD pass, whitaker had no back side help.
    a definate blown coverage by both him and Dwight Smith.

tampaviking is offline Rookie

two mant offsides, helped da bears tremendously, and what happened to the blitzes. there was a whole series that had none. and it worked so well. as stated minnesota lost to minnesota

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Ok this game lived up to the nail biting expectations...we all saw the real Grossman, he makes bad decisions under pressure, most of what he did vs the Lions and Pack was a fluke. Fortunatly for him we found everyway to give them the game and they made the most of it.

The 2 and 8 to pass was suspect, the play call on 4th and 2 was the worst call i've ever seen, that's like using a 180LB WR at tailback in the goaline...you just don't do it. Whomever is calling the plays needs to hand over the reigns to someone else cause we just gave the Bears the game.

The Bears didn't deserve this win, they didn't beat us, we beat ourselves, again.

I'm not going to argue that both of those play calls weren't strange to say the least, but IMO it was the fumble that killed the game for us. If we hadn't lost the ball there we could have punted deep and then Grossman would have to go the length of the field, which all through the game he was incapable of doing. When they recovered the fumble they had excellent field position and the major switch in momentum just when they needed it most.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    what do you mean again.?..this is the first time this season where we made some mistakes when the game was on the line...

we had the game all but wrapped ...then hutch and birk (our best oline members) let olendouyer? through to swat the handoff away from chester taylor.
    there goes the game.

I say again because we have been beating ourselves all year, we have just been fortunate that the other team did the same, the Bears converted and boom. I had said if we make those dumb mistakes like the previous games, we would lose to ourselves, this game proved it.

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

What killed the game was the poor officiating. What was that call on Williamson for PI, or how about the several non calls on the Bears for holding. Late flags all game after the plays were over...
    Childress did call some terrible series and the last play of the game was just dumb. Hopefully the Seakhawks beat them next week and the Vikes bounce back with a win

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

"PAvikesfan" wrote:

there goes the game.

I think that we have been extremely luck to be 2-0. I would agree with anybody who has questioned some of Childress' calls. We've won so nobody that I've seen has brought up the fact that we have made some bonehead calls on offense. I figured we'd lose the Redskins game because of the some of the lame calls we played in the 4th.

I'd say we are a much improved team. We still have been extremely lucky though. If Gamble hadn't thrown that lateral we'd probaly be 1-2.

Thanks Josdin

"Redmption" wrote:
    What killed the game was the poor officiating. What was that call on Williamson for PI, or how about the several non calls on the Bears for holding. Late flags all game after the plays were over...
    Childress did call some terrible series and the last play of the game was just dumb. Hopefully the Seakhawks beat them next week and the Vikes bounce back with a win
    Well with how good Seattle looks, I hope so, we need someone to step up and beat the Bears now.

EDIT: Why is this in Help!! section...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I will say the same I did in the other WTF happened thread.

We played a good
    game.

If the calls would have been executed, we would all be giving praise to the wonderful Childress and the awesome Johnson.

We saw a lot of good D out there on the Viking side of the ball, which is a huge positive.
    The last drive was the only bad part of it.
    We should have held them to the FG.

Lots of good stuff to hang our hat on for weeks to come.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast